PDA

View Full Version : Flu is the succccc....

blueyedsooner
2/8/2007, 09:43 AM
My four year old tested postive for the flu yesterday...after spending 5 hours in the E.R. They gave us tamiflu and hydrocodone...told me to alternate the hydrocodone with Motrin every few hours. I can't get his fever to stay down though....any suggestions? I have a call in to the dr, but haven't heard back.
His temp is staying about 99 to 101...

Fingers crossed that the rest of the family doesn't get it too!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/8/2007, 09:54 AM
That sounds awful. Dang. :(

Good luck, you.

crawfish
2/8/2007, 10:52 AM
Flu is shutting down some schools in Fort Worth...it's epidemic this year.

My whole family got it, though none of us were hit too bad.

blueyedsooner
2/8/2007, 11:07 AM
Same at our school. It is crazy the amount that have been out with it...teachers as well. We have had so many teachers gone, we have a shortage of subs. We have had to recruit some parents as subs lately to cover the classes. NO FUN AT ALL!!!

My poor little guy is just sleeping...barely able to open his eyes to take his medicine.

achiro
2/8/2007, 12:20 PM
I can't get his fever to stay down though.
His temp is staying about 99 to 101...

Why would you want to?

OUDoc
2/8/2007, 12:34 PM
I agree. Some fever isn't bad, it's the body trying to fight the flu. You're okay, just make sure it doesn't go alot higher. You can get into febrile seizures/brain damage if it gets really high.

blueyedsooner
2/8/2007, 01:26 PM
Why would you want to?

When it's your own child, it gets concerning when it doesn't go down. I do know it is the body fighting it off, just making sure there isn't something else I should be doing.... thanks so much for your concern ;)

proud gonzo
2/8/2007, 01:47 PM
ice chips

achiro
2/8/2007, 02:37 PM
When it's your own child, it gets concerning when it doesn't go down. I do know it is the body fighting it off, just making sure there isn't something else I should be doing.... thanks so much for your concern ;)
I wouldn't be even remotely concerned until it started approaching 102, then I would just monitor it closely.