PDA

View Full Version : Gottlieb: Byron Eaton is one year away...

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 12:17 AM
from being an elite player.

Uh, sorry, Doug. Only thing Eat-a-Ton is one away from is one large pizza from being the fullback for Gundy.

Dude was so gassed he was walking and standing so much that Troll finally had to pull him.

GrapevineSooner
2/8/2007, 01:15 AM
Their entire team was gassed by the end of the game.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/8/2007, 09:27 AM
I didn't get to watch much of the game. Only the 8-10 minutes that were shown on ESPNU Give-and-Go but Goatlip's Aggie was definitely coming through in stereo last night. He made a few attempts to sound somewhat objective but he made a few comments that I just had to laugh at.

toast
2/8/2007, 09:27 AM
He also said the line from Vegas was too high with OU at -5

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/8/2007, 09:31 AM
He also said the line from Vegas was too high with OU at -5

I was able to hear him eat crow on that at the end. He said something about how the guys in vegas are good when the other announcer (Franklin I think) pointed out the 10 point margin late and that the line was 5.

toast
2/8/2007, 09:34 AM
I was able to hear him eat crow on that at the end. He said something about how the guys in vegas are good when the other announcer (Franklin I think) pointed out the 10 point margin late and that the line was 5.

sweet

OUmillenium
2/8/2007, 09:44 AM
I was waiting for a lot of Gottlieb homerism but I thought he did a great job. I cannot stand Gottlieb on the commercial animal but once again I thought he was very objective.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 09:48 AM
Pay better attention next time. Just because he slipped in a few non-homer comments towards OU, doesn't mean he was objective.

GottaHavePride
2/8/2007, 10:03 AM
Well, and at one point I heard the other guy say to Gottlieb "I seem to recall YOU missing a few free throws in your day."

Taxman71
2/8/2007, 10:39 AM
Eat-a-ton definitely has the necessary skills, shooting, ball-handling and is the best penetrator on their team, but his attitude is junk. It seems like he and Monds could use some discipline.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 11:07 AM
Don't get me started on Monds. Only way they were gonna let him foul out of that game was if he started punching people.

Refs were horrible, both ways. They'd let em bang, then call ticky tack **** 2 seconds later.

NormanPride
2/8/2007, 11:26 AM
Eaton is good at two things.

1. Driving into the lane and getting a foul called when he trips and throws the ball in the air.
2. Doing stupid **** that either loses or wins his team the game.

stoopified
2/8/2007, 12:26 PM
Refs were horrible, both ways. They'd let em bang, then call ticky tack **** 2 seconds later.[/QUOTE]Yes the refs were inconsistant but at least they were inconsistant at both ends(which in a way makes them consistent).I don't know how many times Ou has been called for ticy-tack fouls while mugging isn't called on the other end.Good win.Doug Gottstereo-lieb was fairly objective IMHO.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 12:54 PM
The fiancée, who knows basketball and sports in general, but didn't know that that was an ex-cowboy said "Damn, could he talk up Eaton a little more? It's like he wants the Pukes to win" :D

fwsooner22
2/8/2007, 02:39 PM
Gott is an Aggie....if they had won he was ready to pounch on the Sooners..You could hear it in his voice and even a few comments.. "when Micheal Neal leaves the floor the Sooners get weaker"..Oh really..He was very vocal that Coach Capel was bad hire..Wrong again....he is gonna get as fat as Eaton after eating all that crow....I LOVE IT

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2007, 02:49 PM
HE also proclaimed "That was the dagger" after longar made a jumper to make it a 10 point lead with 4:21 left. Good thing they were 2 missed FT's away from a one possesion game less than 2 mins later.