PDA

View Full Version : Snickers pulls that ad

Penguin
2/7/2007, 04:48 PM
Thank you for those complaining gay groups. (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=2854084)

That stupid commercial was also making gay people uncomfortable. :mack:

Petro-Sooner
2/7/2007, 04:56 PM
What a bunch of pansys

C&CDean
2/7/2007, 04:57 PM
"the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country"
Are you ****ing kidding me?

crawfish
2/7/2007, 04:59 PM
They offend the non-gays by showing two men kissing; they offend gays by proliferating gay stereotypes. Who exactly were they marketing that thing to? :confused:

sanantoniosooner
2/7/2007, 05:01 PM
They offend the non-gays by showing two men kissing; they offend gays by proliferating gay stereotypes. Who exactly were they marketing that thing to? :confused:
With a name like "snickers" they're laughing at everyone.

Bastages.

achiro
2/7/2007, 05:02 PM
It was just a stupid ad! The whole scumbag looking mechanics thing, then the "kiss' but the dumbest part was the pulling out chest hair to be manly thing. WTF!?!?!?! Spit, scratch, punch the other dude out, whatever stereotypical thing you want to do but ripping out chest hairs????

achiro
2/7/2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, and just think, they actually paid someone to come up with that ad. Doritos had amatuers do theirs and they were pretty dang good.

C&CDean
2/7/2007, 05:06 PM
It was just a stupid ad! The whole scumbag looking mechanics thing, then the "kiss' but the dumbest part was the pulling out chest hair to be manly thing. WTF!?!?!?! Spit, scratch, punch the other dude out, whatever stereotypical thing you want to do but ripping out chest hairs????

Well the ad was obviously designed by a fag.

I really can't say I've ever pulled chest hairs out in my quest for manhood.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2007, 05:06 PM
Superbowl advertisers try to one up each other with humor. It was supposed to be shocking and funny. Some people, gay and straight, need to get that through their heads and just get over themselves.

Also, Snickers are yummy.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/7/2007, 05:14 PM
Well the ad was obviously designed by a fag.

It's amazing what cigarrettes can do nowadays

crawfish
2/7/2007, 05:23 PM
Superbowl advertisers try to one up each other with humor. It was supposed to be shocking and funny. Some people, gay and straight, need to get that through their heads and just get over themselves.

Also, Snickers are yummy.

I admit it, I did eat a snickers today. But I didn't kiss a guy.

sanantoniosooner
2/7/2007, 05:24 PM
Snickers got it right when they faked a Mars bar.

OhU1
2/7/2007, 05:29 PM
Snickers must have been marketing to non-gay men insecure of their own sexuality. Perhaps that is a prized demographic in the candy bar market? The ad was neither funny nor shocking. The 2 may as well have been frenching over a Bud Light which would undoubably be a better product for that demographic.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2007, 05:33 PM
i thought it was a stupid ad, but even more stupid to protest over it

dean and VK said it best :)

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2007, 05:35 PM
I can't believe they pulled that ad. Would they have pulled it if heteros would've complained?

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/7/2007, 05:38 PM
Great.

Now the cavemen are gonna see this and my favorite commercials are gonna get pulled, too.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2007, 05:39 PM
Nah. Nobody cares what cavemen think.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/7/2007, 05:40 PM
Heh.

OhU1
2/7/2007, 05:43 PM
Nah. Nobody cares what cavemen think.
:(

Viking Kitten
2/7/2007, 05:47 PM
I mean, come on. They're cavemen. Like they even have feelings. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/images/smilies/flail.gif

BigRedJed
2/7/2007, 06:38 PM
Wait a minute. You people missed something huge here. Apparently, Dean has had to "quest" for manhood. I always thought manhood tried to be more like Dean.

C&CDean
2/7/2007, 07:05 PM
Wait a minute. You people missed something huge here. Apparently, Dean has had to "quest" for manhood. I always thought manhood tried to be more like Dean.

Manly men like me never rest on their laurels. They're always in pursuit of the next level of man-ness. Yes, I have achieved man-nirvana. Yes, I reside at the absolute peak of the man hierarchy pyramid. However, I still have much to learn.

But I'll be galdamned if I'm gonna pull out some chest hairs, and if somebody else tries I'll break their ****in' arm.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/7/2007, 07:06 PM
Would you pull out nose hairs?

'Cause that hurts really bad, too.

C&CDean
2/7/2007, 07:08 PM
Would you pull out nose hairs?

'Cause that hurts really bad, too.

Only those sprouting from the snout of someone trying to pull my chesticles.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2007, 04:46 AM
"the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country"

Like school children are gay or lesbian... :rolleyes:

[/rant]

SleestakSooner
2/8/2007, 05:31 AM
All I know is after watching that stupid commercial the last thing I wanted was to eat a Snickers. And I love that candy bar. First they have the singing freak helping us enjoy that candy bar and now this. I say fire the marketing guys!

MamaMia
2/8/2007, 06:49 AM
That commercial traumatized me. :eek:
There will be no more snickers for my trick or treaters.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2007, 07:15 AM
snickers is my favorite, no way will i let a stupid commercial change that

sanantoniosooner
2/8/2007, 08:39 AM
The peanut is the bologna of the nut family.

Snickers with almonds (AKA: Mars bar) is better.

Hatfield
2/8/2007, 10:33 AM
gay or straight that commercial was just stupid.

MamaMia
2/8/2007, 11:46 AM
Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.

Pricetag
2/8/2007, 01:58 PM
gay or straight that commercial was just stupid.
I first glance I got at the commercial was the two guys closing in for the kiss. I didn't even know what it was that they were eating.

How did they set it up that they were both eating the same candy bar? The premise alone seems preposterous enough to make the ad suck.

toast
2/8/2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe they'll bring this guy back...

http://sjl-static14.sjl.youtube.com/vi/ji7VmldBE_A/2.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 04:10 PM
that add made my man marbles shrivel a bit...