PDA

View Full Version : lendy holmes

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/19/2004, 06:41 PM
1st person viewpoint (http://www.agtimes.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=25054)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 04:08 PM
ttt

Rhino
2/22/2006, 04:10 PM
I saw that the official site has him as a DB now, so that should quash all the "it's just a rumor" talk over on the dorks site.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 04:18 PM
i'm just amazed at how off some of these evaluations are

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2006, 04:20 PM
it just says he had a great game......i didnt see where it said he would be an all world receiver at OU

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 04:21 PM
looks like english and eldridge are both back to DE

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 04:22 PM
really? does what they describe about route running and catching sound like holmes from last year?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 04:25 PM
it doesn't look like anyone else changed positions though they have zaslaw as a running back. fred strong and alonzo dotson still being on the roster does raise some eyebrows.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2006, 04:31 PM
really? does what they describe about route running and catching sound like holmes from last year?

here's the quote:

Holmes dominated from a wide receiver position making a number of great catches. He went up with two defenders all over him to make one long T.D. catch and a diving catch on a tipped ball for another. He runs great routes for a kid that spent most of his high school career at quarterback and has great hands.

what i read is that in THAT game, he played well and ran good routes

perhaps against a D/FW metroplex all star game, he might just be able to have done that......ya think?

Harry Beanbag
2/22/2006, 04:32 PM

Well, they didn't say anything about him fielding punts in that game. ;) It begs the questions who is cliff and what does he know about talent evaluation though?

Mjcpr
2/22/2006, 04:40 PM
Well, they didn't say anything about him fielding punts in that game. ;) It begs the questions who is cliff and what does he know about talent evaluation though?

That's what I was wondering. Isn't that just some doofus like us posting on an ag site?

Scott D
2/22/2006, 04:49 PM
Holmes dominated from a wide receiver position making a number of great catches. He went up with two defenders all over him to make one long T.D. catch and a diving catch on a tipped ball for another. He runs great routes for a kid that spent most of his high school career at quarterback and has great hands.

Either he ran great routes..or the more likely that he ran busted routes and was capable of making adjustments to make catches seem more spectacular or difficult than they should/could have been.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 06:55 PM
That's what I was wondering. Isn't that just some doofus like us posting on an ag site?

what do you call the guys who run the recruiting sites ;)

Scott D
2/22/2006, 09:52 PM
I should also add an addendum that this was from what I can tell by that other thread linked here an all star game of sorts. So any routes would have been minimalist at best and freelancing them would have been more likely just due to the nature of how long a preparation period they had.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2006, 09:59 PM
it was a dallas area (only) all star game....he was likely a man among boys in many respects

regardless, the author of the post in question never proclaimed to be anything other than a casual observer of a football game.....i didnt see where he said he was a paid scout of some sort

it was just an opinion and should be left as is.....besides, Lendy Holmes has 3 more years to make a name for himself. i say we sit back and see if he can......

NormanPride
2/24/2006, 12:59 PM
When did they move Eldridge back to DE? Last I heard he was making an impact at TE...

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2006, 02:20 PM
When did they move Eldridge back to DE? Last I heard he was making an impact at TE...

Probably the day Gresham committed. ;)