2/7/2007, 11:40 AM
That made me laugh.

The_Red_Patriot
2/7/2007, 11:47 AM
wow,you cant phase the aggie factor

funny

SoonerRecon
2/7/2007, 11:52 AM
i guess he can't change his mind anymore, flipflop, norman is more fun than stoolwater

ouradu
2/7/2007, 11:54 AM
And on of all days, THE Aggie Holliday, B***** day

Dio
2/7/2007, 11:57 AM
Guess he decided going 4-0 vs. them was better than going 0-4 vs. us

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 11:57 AM
What happened?

sooner_born_1960
2/7/2007, 11:58 AM
He signed with OU.

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 12:00 PM
heh...stupid aggy.

Dio
2/7/2007, 12:01 PM
Ryan,
We're glad you're here. However, from this point forward you need to save the drama for your mama.

TIA

soonerfans

SoonerRecon
2/7/2007, 12:21 PM
i'll be surprised if he makes it through one year of college

picasso
2/7/2007, 12:25 PM
it's not like he's a rare case folks.

remember Michael Goodson?

AlabamaSooner
2/7/2007, 01:14 PM
That made me laugh.

What did?

OklahomaTuba
2/7/2007, 01:42 PM
Isn't he the 100 year old athletic director @ Arkincest???

sooner_born_1960
2/7/2007, 01:47 PM
What did?
The fact that he signed with OU.

Boarder
2/7/2007, 01:51 PM
I wonder if he goes to the basketball game tonight.

MichiganSooner
2/7/2007, 02:02 PM
Since I was not a recruited college athlete, do not know what these guys are signing...Any possibility that he wrote down his name and Oklahoma and will claim later he forgot to write State...kind of like the hanging chad controversy?

Rhino
2/7/2007, 02:05 PM
Since I was not a recruited college athlete, do not know what these guys are signing...Any possibility that he wrote down his name and Oklahoma and will claim later he forgot to write State...kind of like the hanging chad controversy? No. Each school sends the recruit a letter of intent. You'd have to try real hard to sign the wrong paper, look it over and fax it to the wrong school.

OSUAggie
2/7/2007, 02:12 PM
Kinda like being 100% committed... Twice. In the same week. And not going there. REAL hard to do.

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 02:19 PM
Kinda like being 100% committed... Twice. In the same week. And not going there. REAL hard to do.poor aggy:D

:texan:

Desert Sapper
2/7/2007, 02:21 PM
Kinda like being 100% committed... Twice. In the same week. And not going there. REAL hard to do.

Sour grapes won't get you anywhere. Ryan's a Sooner. His 'heart' wasn't in stoolwater. You guys did a good enough job stealing some of the Texas kids we wanted. Be happy with that.

Frozen Sooner
2/7/2007, 02:35 PM
Folks, please remember that Ryan Broyles is a teenager who was confronted with a tough decision. Also please remember that he is committed to play football for the University of Oklahoma and this is a day that we should be happy for him.

OSUAggie
2/7/2007, 02:35 PM
I don't have sour grapes. Our class is fine without him. I didn't really ever think we were going to land him after you guys offered. I was just saying that it's a difficult thing to do.

tommieharris91
2/7/2007, 02:46 PM
I hope he is introduced at halftime of the game tonight.

freshchris05
2/7/2007, 03:34 PM
He ended up at the right place but i dont balme him for being confused since we were kinda making him wait

GottaHavePride
2/7/2007, 04:30 PM
I hope he is introduced at halftime of the game tonight.

Why would they introduce a football recruit who hasn't played a down yet at a basketball game?

Wait till he wins something, THEN make a big deal about him.

boomersooner28
2/7/2007, 04:37 PM
Deep down, Ryan was scared of the hair gel. He told me so.

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2007, 06:43 PM
Ignorant sheep herders....

It is a shame that kids (and presumably their parents and family) in Oklahoma are twisted, bullied, and otherwise abused for choosing another school besides uo for football. Even the media joins in act to the detriment of their journalistic integrity and possible violation of the NCAA rules.
This nonsense has been going on for 50 years around here. Yet, kids in more enlightened areas where such influences are not present, such as Dallas, Houston, etc., realize and can readily see the benefits of OSU and other schools. Its just shameful, in my opinion.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2007, 06:45 PM
This nonsense has been going on for 50 years around here. Yet, kids in more enlightened areas where such influences are not present, such as Dallas, Houston, etc., realize and can readily see the benefits of OSU and other schools. Its just shameful, in my opinion.

What exactly are those "benefits"?

Since when is not winning championships a "benefit"?

Maybe it's their 78 out 101 wins in the series? Oh, no wait, that's us.

How's the "3 out of 5" talk looking now?

:D

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2007, 06:50 PM
What exactly are those "benefits"?

Since when is not winning championships a "benefit"?

Maybe it's their 78 out 101 wins in the series? Oh, no wait, that's us.

How's the "3 out of 5" talk looking now?

:DNot to mention..."enlightened areas" :eek:

me thinks he is talking about the pig and sheep molesters :P

Jello Biafra
2/7/2007, 07:05 PM

rofl

this BEGS the question. if a tree falls in the woods and noone is there to hear it, did it actually fall? :D

although he comitted twice did he actually change his mind to OU and not change back but because of hairgel's incessant phone calls he stated he was going to LosuR? c'mon man. he's from Norman. once the offer was made do you think he wanted to play on national television 98% of his career or spend 40% of his career on pay-per-view?

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2007, 07:12 PM
More inbred ignorance

....when you look at it....he has three more months of HS left in Norman. Can you imagine the amount of grief, not to mention outright harassment, he would have gotten had he signed with OSU? HS classmates...HS coaches...drooling Gooner fans at Wal-Mart, along with the "media" (I use the term loosely.)

He grew up in Norman. He's a Gooner. He had no choice. They are different than we are, evidenced each day in the 7-11s, trailer parks, and TV and radio stations of this state. Not to mention message boards.that $h!t is funny as hell...someone in stoolwater clowning OUr fans.

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 07:19 PM
Poor aggy.

BigRedJed
2/7/2007, 07:55 PM
Folks, please remember that Ryan Broyles is a teenager who was confronted with a tough decision. Also please remember that he is committed to play football for the University of Oklahoma and this is a day that we should be happy for him.
And beyond that, we should be happy for us.

Guys, he's a Sooner. Yeah, it was a little more drama than a lot of us would have liked, but not totally without reason. At the end of the day, he might have to work a little harder than some to totally win a few hearts here and there, but for most of us, donning crimson and cream should be enough.

Glad to have you, Ryan.

goingoneight
2/7/2007, 08:33 PM
If I was a mod, I'd so close this one... :(

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/7/2007, 08:45 PM
Guys, just remember osu aggies suck massive_____

We should be happy for him not being a complete idiot by picking the osu aggies who suck massive_____

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 08:52 PM
Gooners

That made me laugh.

BeetDigger
2/7/2007, 10:27 PM
No. Each school sends the recruit a letter of intent. You'd have to try real hard to sign the wrong paper, look it over and fax it to the wrong school.

He was making a comparison to the voters of Florida. If an adult voter can't punch the chad for the right candidate, I think that an 18 year old can make an equally stupid mistake on signing day.

Rhino
2/7/2007, 11:26 PM
He was making a comparison to the voters of Florida. If an adult voter can't punch the chad for the right candidate, I think that an 18 year old can make an equally stupid mistake on signing day. No, really? You act like people in Oklahoma haven't heard of hanging chads and didn't have the term pounded into their heads incessantly almost six and a half years ago.

He was asking if it was a possibility he just wrote down 'Oklahoma' and left off 'State' by accident.

I said no, because it doesn't work that way. And that, in fact, signing the wrong piece of paper with the wrong school masthead at the top of the paper, then faxing it to the wrong school is damn near impossible.

OUinFLA
2/7/2007, 11:34 PM
Chad is still hanging around, causing my state a lot of bad press.
I wish he would just get back with Jeremy and go away.

brown town sooner
2/7/2007, 11:49 PM
I think he pulled this one on purpose to help the sooners out. He knew if he verbally committed to OSU then that would take up a DB spot, they lost a DB prospect and Broyles changed his mind as well leaving the poooorrrr pokes with no solid db's. too bad...so sad

BeetDigger
2/8/2007, 12:47 AM
No, really? You act like people in Oklahoma haven't heard of hanging chads and didn't have the term pounded into their heads incessantly almost six and a half years ago.

He was asking if it was a possibility he just wrote down 'Oklahoma' and left off 'State' by accident.

I said no, because it doesn't work that way. And that, in fact, signing the wrong piece of paper with the wrong school masthead at the top of the paper, then faxing it to the wrong school is damn near impossible.

Until 6 years ago, I thought people being too stupid to actually vote for the candiate that they intended to vote for was impossible. I think that in this case, the kid is much smarter than those voters so I agree that the probablility that he made the said mistake is very remote. Plus, that he was choosing OU over the Pokes makes me think he has more significantly more brains than many of the Florida voters I saw interviewed.

Of course, I still find myself behind people who take one step off the escalator and then stand there and look around, causing me and anyone else behind them to perform a gymnastics move with a degree of difficulty of 9.4.

For these reasons, and many more, I never underestimate the stupidity potential of anyone.

Desert Sapper
2/8/2007, 09:09 AM
I think he pulled this one on purpose to help the sooners out. He knew if he verbally committed to OSU then that would take up a DB spot, they lost a DB prospect and Broyles changed his mind as well leaving the poooorrrr pokes with no solid db's. too bad...so sad

I think you may have a point. Heh. Shhhhhhhhhh.

I also think we were over-confident that he would sign with us regardless. We were right, but I think it nearly cost us a kid with lots of potential. Maybe in the future, any Norman kids that are really good will get offers earlier. Then again, maybe we won't go into too many more recruiting years with less than 20 schollys to start with (I'm pretty sure losing Cummings and Huggins helped a lot in this regard).

MojoRisen
2/8/2007, 01:01 PM
I would cut Broyles some slack- after all it was the Gundy's recruiting the kid- and we did offer late.... Once you kick an offer the pressure can intensify etc etc- So I am glad he chose OU and hope he get's off!!!

"Broyles Qoute"

"People are hating on me on message boards, and people are for me," Broyles told SoonerScoop.com. "I can understand that, but I'll take the opportunity at Oklahoma no matter what anybody says about me. It's where I want to be, and I hope everyone realizes it was a hard decision."

Desert Sapper
2/8/2007, 01:36 PM
I think what I thought before. He's going to make a great Sooner. He made the right choice by picking OU. He would have been good wherever he went, but he has a chance (as he said) to win championships at OU. He has less of a chance to do so at osu, regardless of how much money Boone pours into the osu Athletics Department.

I hope people can see that the kid made a choice between two schools that were (apparently) very close to getting his signature. As I said to OSUAggie, the pokes should be happy that they stole some of the kids that we were after. Soon enough, those kids will find out why Ryan made the right choice.

MichiganSooner
2/8/2007, 04:02 PM
To Rhino, thanks for the explanation of what they are signing.

And to young Mr. Broyles, welcome to OU. Hope to see you on Owen Field soon.

cb4ou
2/8/2007, 04:59 PM
Did anyone else here Pat Jones on WWLS this morning call Broyles a 2nd tier player?

You could tell Pat was ticked off the kid switched. Talk about sour grapes.

sitzpinkler
2/8/2007, 05:07 PM
Did anyone else here Pat Jones on WWLS this morning call Broyles a 2nd tier player?

hah, oSux is a 2nd tier school

MikeInNorman
2/8/2007, 05:11 PM

Well, he was offered by Tennessee and Arkansas also.

Here's a little game for you:

Which of these things is not like the others?

1. Oklahoma
2. Tennessee
3. Arkansas
4. Aggy

Big Red Ron
2/8/2007, 05:14 PM

You could tell Pat was ticked off the kid switched. Talk about sour grapes.the 11th ranked db in hs is second tier?

cb4ou
2/8/2007, 05:20 PM
Pat also said the last time okie state had a top 25 class (scout) they went on probation.

Dio
2/8/2007, 06:30 PM
Here's a little game for you:

Which of these things is not like the others?

1. Oklahoma
2. Tennessee
3. Arkansas
4. Aggy

#1- we don't violate farm animals or relatives.

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2007, 10:26 AM
i'll be surprised if he makes it through one year of college

you may be right...

Taxman71
8/31/2007, 01:57 PM
By my calculation, he hasn't made it through one week of college yet has he?

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 02:01 PM
stupid family.

His mother used to work in the OU athletic department (before I got there) and I would hear from co-workers she would get away with wearing OSU shirts. She would constantly talk talk talk about OSU and all that.

stupid, stupid combo there.

Flagstaffsooner
8/31/2007, 02:15 PM
stupid family.

His mother used to work in the OU athletic department (before I got there) and I would hear from co-workers she would get away with wearing OSU shirts. She would constantly talk talk talk about OSU and all that.

stupid, stupid combo there.Me wonders if this wasnt just some stunt concieved from the posse war room to f with us.

sooner_born_1960
8/31/2007, 02:36 PM
I guess I'm not laughing now.