PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda games.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 11:09 AM
Ok...so I'm a nerd.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I just bought "LOZ: Twilight Princess" for my Gamecube (let's face it, casual status sucks...too much time). I started playing it last night and it's taking me forever just to get to the first freaking level.

Is this game really THAT long?

What are y'alls opinions of the game?

What's your favorite of the series?

Do you really care? :pop:

crawfish
2/7/2007, 11:25 AM
My nine-year old (and my 14-year-old) pwn3d that game.

You must suck. :D

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 11:27 AM
Yah...cause I'm not a big video game person.

Here's a list of all the games I own:
LOZ: Ocarina of Time (Masterquest), LOZ: Windwaker, LOZ: Four Swords Adventures (gamecube), LOZ: Twilight Princess

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 11:30 AM
You'd think you'd be good at Zelda by now then. What's wrong with you? :D

Boomer.....
2/7/2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.nintendoland.com/graphics/screens/zelda1.JPG

Ahh the memories.

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 11:36 AM
Now available for download on the Wii. :D

NormanPride
2/7/2007, 12:02 PM
Oh man, words cannot express how much I love Twilight Princess. The first level takes a long time to get to, but it's so worth it. The pacing after that is also very good, IMO. The puzzles are fun, not frustrating, and just challenging enough to make me think a bit. I've enjoyed every minute of playing that game, and I'm trying to stretch it out as long as possible so I don't just devour it and miss the good parts.

fadada1
2/7/2007, 12:17 PM
is zelda the one that had "leevers"???

on the commercial the guy kinda squeeled, "LEEEEEVERRRRSSS!!!!!"

or am i way off???

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks NP.

I just started playing it yesterday (I'd have bought it earlier, except I had lots of wedding expenses)...three hours later, I turned it off right at the beginning of the Forest Temple.

And fadada...you're correct.

Btw...what does fadada mean?

fadada1
2/7/2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks NP.

I just started playing it yesterday (I'd have bought it earlier, except I had lots of wedding expenses)...three hours later, I turned it off right at the beginning of the Forest Temple.

And fadada...you're correct.

Btw...what does fadada mean?
i thought so. that always made me laugh.

scroll down a little for the FADADA question:
http://www.ou.edu/student/rufnek/tradition.html

mxATVracer10
2/7/2007, 01:22 PM
A friend of mine had to sell his Wii, so I was a good feller and helped him out. The games he had were World Series of Poker and this Zelda game. I have only tried the Zelda game for about ten minutes or so, but I just couldnt get into it. I'm more of a sports or GTA type of gamer I guess. I wouldn't mind to try out the fishin in this game, but I cant seem to get myself to give it another chance. Anyone wanna trade Wii games Peem me :D

Pricetag
2/7/2007, 02:07 PM
I have a sweet disc for Gamecube that has Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask on it.

I haven't bought a new Gamecube game since Mario Party 7 came out, but I'm very tempted to pick up Twilight Princess.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 02:10 PM
I had that 4-game collectors disc too (it's worth a boatload on ebay), but I gave it to my younger brother. He goes to college in Sweetwater, TX...where there's far less to do than here.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 04:09 PM
time to go home and let the nerddom begin!

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 04:24 PM
I had that 4-game collectors disc too (it's worth a boatload on ebay)

Really? It's only going for about $50 right now.

I'm sitting here chuckling at the people buying the original Zelda cartriges on Ebay, imagining their annoyance when they go to power on the system and find that their saved games aren't being saved.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 04:30 PM
Yep...that's the beauty of it.

Pricetag
2/7/2007, 05:08 PM
Really? It's only going for about $50 right now.

I'm sitting here chuckling at the people buying the original Zelda cartriges on Ebay, imagining their annoyance when they go to power on the system and find that their saved games aren't being saved.
You can by screwdriver bits on the Internet that allow you to open up the cartridges and change the batteries, if that's your pleasure.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 08:47 PM
1 level down (three hours later)...eleventy billion to go.

I suck!

That is all!

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 11:13 PM
You can by screwdriver bits on the Internet that allow you to open up the cartridges and change the batteries, if that's your pleasure.

Yes, you can, but that doesn't change my amusement at the misfortune of the people who don't do that first. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
2/8/2007, 01:18 AM
No love for Majora's Mask? That was the most intriguing Zelda game I've played.

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 10:09 AM
Yah...I liked that too...the freaking final level is IMPOSSIBLE on gamecube cause the control doesn't line up correctly. Nintendo bastages!

Did I mention that I once beat the Shadow Temple on OOT without the lens of truth?
I am THE NERD!

Vaevictis
2/8/2007, 02:25 PM
No love for Majora's Mask? That was the most intriguing Zelda game I've played.

Majora's Mask has the honor of being the only game ever pulished by Nintendo that I got tired of playing before I beat it.

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 02:46 PM
I can understand why...

I mean, how may times do you want to play the same three days over and over again?

SoonerStormchaser
2/8/2007, 05:25 PM
Done with work...back to the *** kicking nerddom!

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 08:39 AM
n00bs. all of you. nobody holds a candle to me when it comes to zelda games. normanpride is a witness to this, since we were roommates at OU for 5 years. i am the sh!t at those games.

bow down.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 10:29 AM
Whateva!

Grimey
2/9/2007, 01:54 PM
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.10/spotlight/nerds/images/ogre/ogre2.jpg

NERDS!!!

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:05 PM
^^That's the best compliment I've ever received on this board.

NormanPride
2/9/2007, 02:06 PM
Dude. He beat Zelda 2 without cheating. That game was hard.

Vaevictis
2/9/2007, 02:22 PM

How do you cheat in Zelda 2? :confused:

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:24 PM
Zelda 2...the original Nintendo Version?

That game sucked...big time!

Pricetag
2/9/2007, 02:24 PM
How do you cheat in Zelda 2? :confused:
I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe he meant using the NES Advantage and using the turbo slash plus repeatedly jumping up and down to beat the Ironknuckles in the dungeons and Dark Link at the end. I have Zelda 2 for Gameboy Advance, and it's damn tough to beat those guys without turbo.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:29 PM
My ranking of the Zelda games (minus the gameboy ones):

1. Ocarina
2. Original
3. Twilight (although I'm barely into it, it's kicking *** with the graphics and interaction)
4. Majora
5. Windwaker
6. Four Swords
7. Zelda 2

NormanPride
2/9/2007, 02:29 PM
There are tons of ways, but what I was thinking was Game Genie or something of the same ilk.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda02/BossGuide/ShadowLink.png

Shadow Link will end you.

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 02:31 PM

During the final boss,
NormanPride: "Aw, look out! He's a mean fuc*er! HE'S A MEAN FUC*ER!!!!1"

I have beat every single freaking Zelda game to date. Including finding all the heart pieces. In one of the Oracle games, the item for beating the dungeon boss was called the "Seed of Life." I swear that thing looked like a **** and balls. I took a pictures of it, but I think I lost it when my hard drive fried. This is the only picture online that a GIS turned up:
http://zelda.gry-online.pl/gry/oos/przedmioty/seedoflife.JPG
It was supposed to be two seeds on a plant stem, but, it wasn't....it wasn't even a rocketship. It was a **** and balls, rumple foreskin, a one-eyed wonder weasel.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:32 PM
OMG...You're right! Ewwww

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 02:37 PM
Zelda 2...the original Nintendo Version?

That game sucked...big time!

That's just because you couldn't handle it. Anyone that can't beat it just says, "THAT GAMES SUCKED!!!111" Same thing with Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask was da bomb. It's just too bad you can't use the Fierce Deity mask outside of a boss fight.

Shadow Link will end you.

He didn't end me. I ended him. I made him my b!tch. And you know it. The greatest part is playing Zelda 2 for the "second quest." Just like the original Zelda, you can play it through again, but it's a crapload harder. But, you start off with the highest attack, magic, and life strength. Plus the downward and upward slash. Beating that horsehead guy in the first dungeon during the second quest...takes less than 1 second with a well-placed down slash.

http://video-games.elliottback.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/i%20am%20error.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 02:39 PM
Zelda 2 didn't hook me into it like OOT, MM or WW. I just found it to be boring as hell.

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 02:49 PM
As the games have progressed, so have the stories. OoT, MM, WW, and TP are incredibly engaging in their story lines. That's what makes them so awesome. That, and the style of gameplay. OoT was truly revolutionary with it's 3-D perspective and the multiple buttons dedicated to different items.

And here's another thing. Despite all of Link's adventures, and all the monsters he's faced, they are nothing. The single, most terrifying creature that Link has encountered is this:

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~mwh26/tingle.jpg

That dude's a fag. Seriously, look at that. If his appearance and behavior isn't a giveaway, then the fact that he's riding a rocketship is. Tingle talks about wanting to be a fairy...guess what, Tingle, "YOU ARE A FAIRY!"

Tingle is to Legend of Zelda, as Jar Jar Binx is to Star Wars. Thank God they left him out of Twilight Princess. By the way, I hit the final dungeon of TP less than a week after I bought it. I haven't played much lately, but I need to. Want me to spoil anything for you?

My order of Zelda games.
1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina
3. Original Zelda
4. Link to the Past
5. Tie between Ocarina Master Quest, Four Swords, and Wind Waker

I've got to say, they did Twilight Princess perfectly. This isn't much of a spoiler, so I'll say it, but they did a great job with the puzzles. Not too hard, not too tough. If you're a Zelda vet, you will not be able to solve them right off the bat. There are several new ways of doing old things. Also, you have to accomplish several major tasks, sort of side-quests, that seem like they detract from the game, but are actually required, and fit in perfectly with the plot once all is revealed. It is literally, perfect.

In retrospect, while I was impatient for this game to be released, I'm glad they took the time to get it done right.

NormanPride
2/9/2007, 02:53 PM
And you have forever sealed your title as "Uber Dork". :norm:

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 02:56 PM
And you have forever sealed your title as "Uber Dork". :norm:

Thank you for telling me something I didn't know already, Captain Obvious. Back off. I worked the morning show today and haven't had a Dr. Pepper yet.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 03:02 PM
Tingle is a fag!

I've hated him ever since MM!

Vaevictis
2/9/2007, 04:00 PM
Zelda 2 wasn't that bad. I never had any problems with difficulty on it, although I was always somewhat disgruntled over the format change from 1 to 2.

With Majora's Mask, I got the Great Fairy Sword or whatever it was, right before going up to the moon (iirc), and I said, "You know what? This is ****ing boring." And I turned it off and didn't play it again for years until I got the 4 game set for the Game Cube. I played it for about 20 minutes, and I said, "You know what? This is still ****ing boring." And I turned it off and haven't played it since.

Maybe I'll beat it eventually. But it's ****ing boring.

Vaevictis
2/9/2007, 04:11 PM
Actually, I think I know what the problem with Majora's Mask is.

Zelda has always been like Final Fantasy -- every game is different, but every game is the same. A lot of common elements and imagery, but always mixed in different ways with different takes.

Majora's Mask was basically just an Ocarina of Time redux to me. Just a few more levels of OoT, from my point of view. And if I wanted to play OoT, I'd have put it on.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 04:12 PM
OK...so what about Ocarina?

Discuss.

Pricetag
2/9/2007, 04:17 PM
Are you guys intentionally omitting "A Link to the Past" for SNES in your lists?

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 04:19 PM
Never played it...or the gameboy ones.

Pricetag
2/9/2007, 04:21 PM
Never played it...or the gameboy ones.
:eek: WTF?

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2007, 04:24 PM
Dude...I was a videogame deprived little boy growing up.

In fact, my mom got ****ed when my brother bought a N64 when I was 18!

It was only AFTER I got to OU that I learned to play all those games...

Half a Hundred
2/9/2007, 04:29 PM
Link to the Past is easily the best Zelda game. I say this having played through both it and Ocarina of Time an inordinate amount of times. Besides, not being able to get the Triforce in OoT seemed to be a bit of a letdown at the end.

FrenchFry
2/9/2007, 04:36 PM
I don't have a game system but that one commercial where those guys are fighting in the snow looks pretty good and makes me consider getting one. Call to Duty, Halo and Gears of War also look hard to resist when I see my friends playing them or I see commercials.

Vaevictis
2/9/2007, 05:06 PM
OK...so what about Ocarina?

The sublime perfection that is OoT is just one more miracle (along with Zelda I & III, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64) that will be cited during Shigeru Miyamoto's canonization process.

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2007, 06:30 PM
Are you guys intentionally omitting "A Link to the Past" for SNES in your lists?

Thank you. I can't believe I forgot about that game.

And as far as OoT goes, I thought it was fine that you don't "get the Triforce." I thought the whole thing with it being split into three parts and your inheritance of it makes you the hero is actually a better storyline that trying to get the whole thing. The evil dudes want the whole thing for the power, yadda yadda yadda. I think that fits better.

And while the major Zelda games that have been released since OoT have used the same style of 3-D game play, they all added something new that was unique. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Except with Twilight Princess. There is enough different in there that is awesome.

One of the things, I've really loved is the sword fighting. I'm not really into turn-based gameplay like Final Fantasy. As the Zelda games have progressed, you really have to strategize, take your time, and use different moves to kill enemies now. It's not about just mashing buttons...which is cool.

Half a Hundred
2/9/2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you. I can't believe I forgot about that game.

And as far as OoT goes, I thought it was fine that you don't "get the Triforce." I thought the whole thing with it being split into three parts and your inheritance of it makes you the hero is actually a better storyline that trying to get the whole thing. The evil dudes want the whole thing for the power, yadda yadda yadda. I think that fits better.

Sure, as an adult, that is very true. But as a 13 year old who had grown up playing Zelda games, when at the end all you get is to go back to being a kid again (when once again, at that age, all you wanted to do was skip forward to 17/18), it was like, WTF?

Ruuuuuufus
2/10/2007, 12:41 AM
the wiimote/nunchuck were made for twilight princess... very well integrated

SoonerStormchaser
2/10/2007, 10:56 AM
...so I've heard

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2007, 01:05 PM
In between going to Dallas Stars games this weekend, I beat level 2.

THIS GAME KICKS ***!!!

Pricetag
2/12/2007, 03:15 PM
Sure, as an adult, that is very true. But as a 13 year old who had grown up playing Zelda games, when at the end all you get is to go back to being a kid again (when once again, at that age, all you wanted to do was skip forward to 17/18), it was like, WTF?
I was glad to go back. It was cool to be the older Link, but the future world was extremely depressing (the developers did a great job here). The freezing of Zora's Domain was particularly traumatic for me.

I've never been blown away by a game like I was with OOT. They absolutely nailed the transition to 3D, and in doing so, created a totally immersive game world that is unforgettable.

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2007, 03:25 PM
A friggen MEN

Pricetag
2/14/2007, 12:41 PM
Yah...I liked that too...the freaking final level is IMPOSSIBLE on gamecube cause the control doesn't line up correctly. Nintendo bastages!

Impossible like you actually can't win it, or impossible like much tougher than the N64 version in an annoying way?

I made it through a good portion of Majora's Mask back on the N64 (I think I left off in a science lab looking for fish eggs or something), and was thinking of restarting on the Gamecube version so I wouldn't have to get my N64 out, but if it's that bad, I'll stick with the N64 version.

SoonerStormchaser
2/14/2007, 01:17 PM
It's the controller for the gamecube vs. N64 that makes it really tough on a few things (mostly the goron roll).