PDA

View Full Version : Despite Wonderlic, VY Rookie of Year/voted to Pro Bowl

footballfanatic
2/7/2007, 10:07 AM
Haven't seen many of those, "mark my words, he'll never be a success in the pros"

8 wins as a starter
4 fourth quarter comebacks
1 loss from the playoffs
Beat the Super Bowl champions
Rookie of the year
Voted to pro bowl.

Octavian
2/7/2007, 10:10 AM
it's national signing day....

no one gives a ****...he was 1-2 against OU.

1-2

Rhino
2/7/2007, 10:14 AM
oh.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2007, 10:29 AM
Well, don't neg me for this, but the Whorns could come back with a retort that AD was 1-2 against the Whorns.

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 10:32 AM
Well, don't neg me for this, but the Whorns could come back with a retort that AD was 1-2 against the Whorns.

LALA LA LALA LAALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA

OhU1
2/7/2007, 10:49 AM
As much as I hated it, I knew Vince was the real deal the first time he played for the Horns and brought them back to victory over K-State in 2003. I believed and feared the "Vince Magic" and am glad to see him in the pros. We beat the guy 2 out of 3 and no one else can say that.

Flagstaffsooner
2/7/2007, 10:51 AM
That reminds me. I need to go over to the whorns board and cause some trouble.

footballfanatic
2/7/2007, 11:03 AM
As much as I hated it, I knew Vince was the real deal the first time he played for the Horns and brought them back to victory over K-State in 2003. I believed and feared the "Vince Magic" and am glad to see him in the pros. We beat the guy 2 out of 3 and no one else can say that.

That's a fair point.

Herr Scholz
2/7/2007, 11:09 AM
Hey, Dean, didn't we have a $100 bet on this? ;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2007, 11:36 AM
He's going as an alternate.

And how does this get you even mentioned for a Pro Bowl?

TD 12 - INT 13 - PCT 51% - RAT 66.7

47straight
2/7/2007, 11:39 AM
Gus Frerotte was a Pro-Bowl quarterback. And his fans were classy.

47straight
2/7/2007, 11:43 AM

Hype, hype, more hype, a fancy looking run, more hype, Texas homers, more hype, media exposure.

Herr Scholz
2/7/2007, 11:45 AM
He's going as an alternate.

TD 12 - INT 13 - PCT 51% - RAT 66.7
Kind of a limited view of season, wouldn't you say?

He's still a pro bowler with 2,200 passing yards. He also ran for another 7 TDs and 550 yds. and led his team to within one game of the playoffs as a rookie and had an 8-5 record as a starter. Keep in mind that wasn't a great Titan's team. They started 2-7. Won the rookie of the week award 4 times and the overall rookie of the year.

Rook65
2/7/2007, 11:46 AM
:twinkies:

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2007, 12:03 PM
Kind of a limited view of season, wouldn't you say?

Doesn't get any more limited than this: TD 12 - INT 13 - PCT 51% - RAT 66.7

Unless your name is Bruce Gradkowski or Andrew Walter.

Boarder
2/7/2007, 12:06 PM
VY being the rookie of the year is ridiculous. I'd put him third at the very most behind that reciever from New Orleans and Reggie Bush.

Did you actually watch him play? 8 wins? How many did Rex Grossman have? He still throws like crap. All he has is the running thing. That gets you really far, doesn't it Vick?

And him going to the Pro Bowl is just as bad as Tony Romo. It's a crazy knee jerk reaction. He's Quincy Carter that can run better. Sometimes completes lucky lob throws.

Sorry, no spek for vince from me after watching him play.

TexasLidig8r
2/7/2007, 12:42 PM
VY being the rookie of the year is ridiculous. I'd put him third at the very most behind that reciever from New Orleans and Reggie Bush.

Did you actually watch him play? 8 wins? How many did Rex Grossman have? He still throws like crap. All he has is the running thing. That gets you really far, doesn't it Vick?

And him going to the Pro Bowl is just as bad as Ou's Roy Williams. It's a crazy knee jerk reaction. He's Quincy Carter that can run better. Sometimes completes lucky lob throws.

Sorry, no spek for vince from me after watching him play.

Congratulations.. you and Merril Hoge seem to be the only two people left in the civilized world who have that opinion. Oh by the way, your village called.. they miss you. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
2/7/2007, 12:51 PM
See, if this thread were about OU football, it'd be appropriate on this forum.

However, since it was simply started to flame-bait, I'm going to lock it.

Horns, please do not start another one.