PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma's slow start?

runner1182
2/6/2007, 11:59 PM
so is any one concerned about this years baseball team starting out slow against weak teams? this weeks tourney steps up in talent alot, so hope the sooners are up for the task! we need are starting pitchers to settle down and keep us in the game, same could be for the offense, don't we have a stud freshman that we signed does neone know how he did this last weekend?

soonerguild
2/7/2007, 12:14 AM
Im concerned but the problems we had this weekend are all things that can be fixed. I listened to the fri and sun games online and in the first game our pitching definately struggled giving up 8 runs, but our bats should have gotten more than 3 against texas state, so it falls on both, on sat we lost 2-0 which falls entirely on our bats just not driving in runs. The sun game was ugly but we showed heart hanging in and pulling it our, and only 1 of their 5 runs was earned so pitching sun was ok also.

In all our slow bats can be due to A) losing Reza who would have batted in the 2 hole( as well as not have 3 errors like our ss ended up having over the weekend i believe), and we started 5 freshman, talented, but freshman.

The frosh you are thinking of is Devin shepard, he had a medicore weekend, got a few hits but had no rbi s, a slow start but he'll turn around. If our talent comes together we could be really good, if not it could be a rebuilding year, we will see. Oh and im always down to talk OU baseball, so the interest is appreciated.

sexatskcus
2/7/2007, 03:32 AM
Texas State beat #1 Rice today 3-2 in San Marcos.

Okieflyer
2/7/2007, 09:39 AM
OU always seems to start slow. I always worry. :D

Collier11
2/7/2007, 05:29 PM
If we can get our starting pitching going we will be ok. WE have guys like Shephard who is a freshman that will hit, he is too talented to not hit. Hitting will warm up. I say if we go into big 12 around 500. or below then we will have a long year, if we end up 5-10 over we should be ok

runner1182
2/8/2007, 02:36 PM
so who are ou's captins this year? and who's the fav in the big 12 this year?

setem
2/8/2007, 10:13 PM
Texas always has good teams. OSuck has some good kids coming back. They always have good kids at Baylor, the same at Nebraska.

I really hope our pitching can come through this year. Our bullpen last season was less than par! It should be a fun season.

I hope to see everyone at at the ball park!

runner1182
2/9/2007, 12:33 AM
yeah our bullpen last year was very nerve wracking especially the rice game only if we had a decent bullpen we could of done some damage in the college world series! so ready to see what these sooners are made of in this tournament in N.C. going against a great team tomorrow!

OSUAggie
2/9/2007, 02:28 PM
USC up 8-1 in the bottom of the 8th last I heard.

setem
2/9/2007, 04:52 PM
Yikes! They beat us like we stole something!

13-2

They will come around!