PDA

View Full Version : CJ Ah You

Boffingham
2/6/2007, 07:44 PM
Scouts.com is reporting one of his flags as his "character." Anybody have any insight into any character problems he may have had?

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2007, 08:03 PM
Scouts.com????

LOL....they should stick with recruiting info, not draft info.

They could do a better job at the recruiting side of things as well.

badger
2/6/2007, 08:44 PM
he says some stuff he probably shouldn't

soonerthanu
2/6/2007, 09:09 PM
Say stuff as in disrespectful or as in crazy.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 10:11 PM
Ive never heard anything about Ah YOu's character. HE always seemed like a respectable and well spoken guy to me

goingoneight
2/6/2007, 10:12 PM
Larry Birdine crazy?!? :eek:

setem
2/6/2007, 10:14 PM
I am sure he was throwing around some Hawaiian sayings and someone took it wrong and now they are all ****ed!

Sheesh...small minds...small minds!

birddog
2/6/2007, 10:36 PM
he says some stuff he probably shouldn't

go on...

BigDeezy
2/6/2007, 10:39 PM
Scouts.com is reporting one of his flags as his "character." Anybody have any insight into any character problems he may have had?

Might it have something to do with the fight he had with a team mate before he transfered to OU in which I believe there may have been some kind of legal charges, later dealt with -- kind of like an "anger management" issue?? I don't recall all the details.

badger
2/6/2007, 10:55 PM
really, I don't think it matters. I mean, even Alexander got into trouble with the police this past year, so don't read too much into it. He'll have a great NFL career, regardless of these so-called "flags."

FroggyStyle22
2/6/2007, 11:52 PM
My hazy recollection of the story is that he punched a guy and maybe knocked him out for talking to/flirting with/ kissing his girlfriend depending on who tells the story. It was a long time ago and something that was out of character for him even back then from what I hear.

85sooners
2/7/2007, 12:19 AM
:confused:

SoCal
2/7/2007, 07:12 AM
Might it have something to do with the fight he had with a team mate before he transfered to OU in which I believe there may have been some kind of legal charges, later dealt with -- kind of like an "anger management" issue?? I don't recall all the details.

Was there issues regarding his transfer out of BYU?

Sophomore defensive end C.J. Ah You have been reported to the Honor Code Office for violations of the code that specifically mentions assault and battery issues.

According to the code, "Assault and battery is a violation of the Honor Code as well as a violation of the law. The Honor Code Office takes actions independent of any judicial action. Examples of assault and battery include but are not limited to the following: acting with intent to kill, injure, or harm another person; using physical force to coerce or to retaliate for a real or imagined offence; threatening to inflict injury upon another person; or using a dangerous weapon."

When such an action takes place, the Honor Code Office can take one of three actions -- probation, suspension or dismissal from school.

The Honor Code Office placed Ah You on "enhanced probation" for hitting former BYU quarterback Brett Engemann, BYU spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said in a recent article for the Deseret News.

william_brasky
2/7/2007, 07:37 AM
aren't DEs supposed to hit quarterbacks?

pfft.

that should elevate his draft status if anything.