PDA

View Full Version : Well Can we put this to rest yet...

StuIsTheMan
2/6/2007, 11:06 AM
From today's Oregonian...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1170735912300220.xml&coll=7

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
LightningYellow
"Autzen Stadium: The place where Heisman hopes are dashed, undefeated seasons end, and great teams go do die."

****Yellow
"Fraudtzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

fixed

TheUnnamedSooner
2/6/2007, 11:18 AM
When did we play at UO? I don't remember that

deweydw
2/6/2007, 11:18 AM
Replays that reached the television audience but not Riese's monitor showed that not only did Oregon illegally touch the ball before the kick went 10 yards but also -- and this part was not reviewable -- that Oklahoma recovered it.

I have always heard the pbp guys say the replay officials had more angles than television. I guess not.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/6/2007, 11:24 AM
Sure, make the old guy who gets paid $350 bucks the fall guy.

What about the three blind mice on the field? What about a Pac-10 that evidently doesn't have the technical capablility to get the right replays up to the booth? Who was applying the pressure on Riese as he originally indicated, though Riese has subsequently been mum on the subject?

Something still stinks with this. And I suppose we'll never have resolution. But designating this guy the goat for the entire fiasco is just wrong. I really hope someone in the Pac-10 offices is losing some sleep over this.

And IMO, the only way this ever comes completely to rest is if Oregon forfeits.

But they and the Pac-10 are too self-serving and gutless.

Readyfor8
2/6/2007, 11:28 AM
From today's Oregonian...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1170735912300220.xml&coll=7

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
LightningYellow
"Autzen Stadium: The place where Heisman hopes are dashed, undefeated seasons end, and great teams go do die."

****Yellow
"Fraudtzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

fixed

Don't be so hard on them, after all the Ducks have lost every year that they have played there, never had a heisman winner, and I'm sure atleast some of thier fans think thier "great."

MamaMia
2/6/2007, 11:33 AM
According to the guy who fed Riese the replays, Gordon had plenty of shots to call the play correctly.

poke4christ
2/6/2007, 11:46 AM
Sure, make the old guy who gets paid $350 bucks the fall guy.

What about the three blind mice on the field? What about a Pac-10 that evidently doesn't have the technical capablility to get the right replays up to the booth? Who was applying the pressure on Riese as he originally indicated, though Riese has subsequently been mum on the subject?

Something still stinks with this. And I suppose we'll never have resolution. But designating this guy the goat for the entire fiasco is just wrong. I really hope someone in the Pac-10 offices is losing some sleep over this.

And IMO, the only way this ever comes completely to rest is if Oregon forfeits.

But they and the Pac-10 are too self-serving and gutless.

I definitly agree with the first paragraph. There is a lot of wisdom there. Personally, I don't think the big 12 should agree to any more deals with the pac-10. However, no team in the history of college football has forfeited a game as you are suggesting they should. OU is no exception to getting some favorable screw ups their way.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2007, 11:47 AM
I definitly agree with the first paragraph. There is a lot of wisdom there. Personally, I don't think the big 12 should agree to any more deals with the pac-10. However, no team in the history of college football has forfeited a game as you are suggesting they should. OU is no exception to getting some favorable screw ups their way.

This is where you tell us how the refs screwed you up in Stoolwater last fall isn't it?

:pop:

StuIsTheMan
2/6/2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1571145#post1571145

IronSooner
2/6/2007, 12:26 PM
Such as Oklahoma's recovery of the onside kick. Riese saw that Sooners running back Allen Patrick had recovered the ball, unseen by the on-field officials, but rules prohibited him from relaying that information to referee Dave Cutaia.

This still baffles me. There's actually a rule which, in this case, prohibited the right call from being made. That and how the on-field refs didn't notice that a guy was standing up holding a football, and that another guy was pointing at him holding it. :confused:

soonernation
2/6/2007, 01:06 PM
Riese, who said he has been diagnosed with depression in the wake of the controversy, will stay on the Pac-10 payroll as a technical assistant -- a position he has held the past two seasons in addition to working the replay booth. Technical assistants, who receive $350 per game, review videos of games to evaluate the performance of officials.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Flagstaffsooner
2/6/2007, 01:08 PM
The system, Sorgen said, worked well last season "except for that one glitch."
"Besides that, Mrs. Kennedy, how did you enjoy your trip to Dallas?"

Pricetag
2/6/2007, 01:25 PM
What about the three blind mice on the field?
Despite the fact that there was no ball in the pile up that they were busy sorting through, both Oregon players and fans were celebrating. Con-to-the-clusive.

StuIsTheMan
2/6/2007, 02:07 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.

Hey its the PAC-10 Only the best!

Seamus
2/6/2007, 02:39 PM
Riese, who said he has been diagnosed with depression in the wake of the controversy ...

Boo freaking hoo! Poor you!

Jello Biafra
2/6/2007, 05:56 PM

except for the fact that that non call had the potential to screw us out of BCS bowl game...... yeh there are always extentuating circumstances and this is probably the game that should have been forfeitted.

by the way, when was the last time an official screw you guys out of a major bowl slot???? o nm.....

MamaMia
2/6/2007, 07:09 PM
I'm not saying that I know what we should do, because I have forgotten exactly what Stoops and/or Castiglione said about the future Pac 10 games we have scheduled, but I don't believe we have to actually forfeit. If I'm not mistaken, I think we can just buy out.

I do know one thing for certain. I would not feel at all comfortable if the Sooners are made to share the field with any PAC 10 refs, especially any one of those three "blind mice." :P

The fact that they're still on the pay roll is shocking to me.

Also, does anyone have that photo of Patrick holding the ball in the air?

Desert Sapper
2/6/2007, 07:21 PM
Blah blah blah...why are we still talking about this?

Jdog
2/6/2007, 08:15 PM
I agree Bla bla bla -
but
Can someone please explain to me the rule that says video replay can't be used to show possession after an onside kick, - especially when one team never had possession to begin with? - What craze rule prevents it? How is it different from a fumble? Don’t they review possession after a fumble?

SCOUT
2/6/2007, 08:23 PM
However, no team in the history of college football has forfeited a game as you are suggesting they should.

Cornell forfeited to Dartmouth in 1940 after a mistaken 5th down play was revealed after the game.

I am not in the camp that say Oregon should forfeit the game, but it did happen.

MamaMia
2/6/2007, 08:54 PM
Blah blah blah...why are we still talking about this? For the same reason we still talk about this...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/OU%20Football/0A9AC353-98F8-E08F-2A548954DE44444E.jpg

BajaOklahoma
2/6/2007, 09:32 PM
It still makes me mad, Momma! Of course, I was about to slug the loudmouth chick standing next to me when she cheered that call. :mad:

I won't forgive and I won't forget.

goingoneight
2/6/2007, 10:21 PM
When did we play at UO? I don't remember that

You don't remember? OMG!!! :eek:

Even the :stunned:'s are hating on UO after that one. And they've never liked UO. :eek:

85sooners
2/7/2007, 12:20 AM
:hot: