PDA

View Full Version : Huggins and Cummings Gone

Mjcpr
2/6/2007, 10:07 AM
Cummings out of football with a medical condition and Huggins is transferring to E Carolina......according to another site. I thought Huggins was pretty highly regarded but maybe he didn't think he could crack the starting lineup with our depth, I don't know.

On the bright side, I guess it opens up a couple of 'ships for some of these "late-breaking" signees?

snp
2/6/2007, 11:28 AM
Huggins was buried in the depth chart and wasn't doing all that much to change anything. Change of scenery might be perfect for him.

Seamus
2/6/2007, 02:16 PM
Oh, well. Good luck to both of them.

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 04:06 PM
Good luck fella's......& you're right, Huggins was buried. Our WR corps looks pretty solid for a few yrs.

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2007, 04:26 PM
who is cummings

Desert Sapper
2/6/2007, 04:34 PM
Aaron Cummings was that TE from Bray that some people said was better than Stephen Alexander in HS. Not sure what the medical condition was.

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 04:36 PM
Cummings - http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=1685273

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2007, 04:56 PM
ahh, thats him.....thanks.

Mjcpr
2/6/2007, 11:19 PM
Curtis Bailey done too......back injuries, again according to another site.

WTF is it with us and guys having career ending injuries?

stoopified
2/7/2007, 12:01 AM
Curtis Bailey done too......back injuries, again according to another site.

WTF is it with us and guys having career ending injuries? UT spent a lot of money on voodoo dolls.:D

SoonerinBoulder
3/14/2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I cannot start new posts yet so this is my best option.

Other boards are reporting that Billy Blackard is off the team. Does anyone know anything about this? Did he quit, get kicked off, transferring etc?

Thanks!

snp
3/14/2007, 01:08 PM
Haven't heard anything bout it from the Rivals board. Consult our owen field thread to see what the opinion of that place is around here.

Seamus
3/14/2007, 06:01 PM
Haven't heard anything bout it from the Rivals board. Consult our owen field thread to see what the opinion of that place is around here.

Heh. Build a stadium on the border ... :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
3/14/2007, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I cannot start new posts yet so this is my best option.

Other boards are reporting that Billy Blackard is off the team. Does anyone know anything about this? Did he quit, get kicked off, transferring etc?

Thanks!

As of when? He was just in the opera production with a whole lot of other guys from the team earning 3 hours of credit for the work. Seems kind of odd for him to be doing that if he's not on the team...

snp
3/18/2007, 06:06 PM
Blackard is gone, btw.

The Consumate Showman
3/19/2007, 12:29 AM
It is sad to see Billy go. He could have done well for himself at OU, but fell victim to some of the typical college pitfalls a lot of kids run into at a big university. Would he have ever started? Probably not, but it's always good to see some of our local guys get on the team, be a solid player/teammate, and get a degree and such. Too bad he won't get the opportunity on the field; but at any rate...Good luck Billy!

snp
3/19/2007, 12:58 AM
College football is not for everyone. Waking up at 6am and having to run sprints until you puke because a fellow positional player messed up is not fun. It's grueling, hard, and at many times, not fun anymore.