PDA

View Full Version : JAI LUCAS?

runner1182
2/6/2007, 01:11 AM
so anything new on jai lucas?

Rhino
2/6/2007, 01:39 AM
Sounds like he and his folks enjoyed their trip to Norman.

But, it'll be a long while before we hear anything. Sounds like he wants to see how everyone's season ends up before pulling the trigger.

It's between us and Kentucky, with OSU and Maryland still hanging in there.

Octavian
2/6/2007, 02:30 AM
seems like it'd be more fun to play for Capel than Tubby

it'd be awesome for Jeff to sign him

Rhino
2/6/2007, 02:49 AM
After reading a quick Q&A with the kid, wherever he goes, I'll be rooting for him. Very well-spoken and very bright kid.

He had a great time this past weekend and said some very positive things about us. He still has to visit Maryland and Kentucky though.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/6/2007, 07:31 AM
I will just quote myself from earlier ;)

John Lucas(The Dad) said that they REALLY loved Jeff Capel and that they were impressed with how hands on that Capel was and how he participated with the team in certain drills. They said that Lloyd Noble was good not great. He seemed to think Capel was going to help us accomplish great things regardless. His wife said that they had already visited Ok State, Maryland, and one other I can't remember, I think she said something NC State. They seemed to be really impressed from my conversation, hopefully we can pull some big time kids with Capel!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2007, 05:54 PM
He could be a real difference maker as early as next year.

Looking at the roster next year we have L2, the Griffins and Clark. Probably as much good depth as we have had on the front line at OU in some time. My guess Clark receives the least time of the 4 but probably enough to be in the rotation.

4 returning players in the 1-3 spots. Johnson,Maze, Crocker and Godbold.

Naysmith, Early and Davis. All will probably have a shot to be the 9th man in the rotation but probably wouldn't supplant any of the 4 returners as far as getting a bunch of minutes. I think we definitely would be better but we would probably still be more of a halfcourt oriented team with our largest improvement coming from our bigs. You always presume of course that returning players at worst only improve slightly unless they have injuries or a poor work ethic.

Lucas on the other hand could be good enough to be the starting PG by this time next year meaning our 9th player could be Godbold or Clark. THAT is enough quality depth to slug it out with a team like A&M, or go up and down the court with a team like Missouri.

Not saying he would be a big scorer from day 1 but I think it would make the team as a whole much more difficult to defend and give Maze and AJ a chance to play some 2 guard, maybe even Crocker some at a 3 where we can go up and down the floor.

stoopified
2/22/2007, 12:56 PM
While I agree a point guard is a must and I hope we get Jai,I still tink we need another post player.Yes we do have Blake and L2 but Taylor is undersizid at 6'7and Clark is more comfortable at the 3,away from the basket.I am confident thta Cpel has us going in the right direction and I trust that we will fill OUr needs.