PDA

View Full Version : I am willing to bet all my V-cash--

goingoneight
2/6/2007, 12:06 AM
on A.D. being the Rookie of the Year in 2007/2008.

What can I say, I like my odds.

poke4christ
2/6/2007, 11:49 AM
on A.D. being the Rookie of the Year in 2007/2008.

What can I say, I like my odds.

I'd take that bet. Not because I doubt AD (I think he will rock the NFL), but because of the number of other rookies who are also very talented. You never know what will happen.

Zach

Vic n Tulsa
2/6/2007, 02:43 PM
I'd take that bet. Not because I doubt AD (I think he will rock the NFL), but because of the number of other rookies who are also very talented. You never know what will happen.

Zach

Y'all do realize Vince Young was the NFL Rookie of the Year for 2006 don't ya? I knew y'all did, but I just wanted to make sure you knew the voting rules. Carry-On.

bixby28
2/6/2007, 05:34 PM
Y'all do realize Vince Young was the NFL Rookie of the Year for 2006 don't ya? I knew y'all did, but I just wanted to make sure you knew the voting rules. Carry-On.

The voting rules stink. The NFL Rookie of the Year should have been Colston out of New Orleans. VY didn't deserve it.

goingoneight
2/6/2007, 10:11 PM
VY did deserve it, no matter how much you like or dislike him. He did some pretty good stuff for a guy fresh out of college playing at the highest level of the game. He proved to me that he could QB in the NFL. I don't think he'll giev any of the greats any worries still, but he's every bit as capable as Michael Vick with better arm strength. The incomplete passes and interceptions will come around with time and experience just like his career at Texass. He is good enough to build around, IMHO.

85sooners
2/7/2007, 12:20 AM
bet it all

Tear Down This Wall
2/7/2007, 02:15 PM
Look, to win Rookie of the Year in the NFL these days, you've got to have more interceptions than touchdowns. You've also got to not be able to win the starting position until a quarter of the season is gone. And, you've got to play on a team that can't make the playoffs.

I'd say Adrian might only be able to do one of those, the last. My guess is he doesn't turn the ball over as often as this year's supposed ROY. I also bet he starts from day one.

TexasLidig8r
2/7/2007, 04:32 PM
Look, to win Rookie of the Year in the NFL these days, you've got to have more interceptions than touchdowns. You've also got to not be able to win the starting position until a quarter of the season is gone. And, you've got to play on a team that can't make the playoffs.

I'd say Adrian might only be able to do one of those, the last. My guess is he doesn't turn the ball over as often as this year's supposed ROY. I also bet he starts from day one.

Counselor..you're comparing apples to pumpkins.

Quarterback, as you know, is the most difficult position to learn and master in football and is perhaps, the most difficult position to learn in all of sports.

If your QB succs, you will not win.

If Vince had not started for the Titans, would they have been contending up to the last week of the regular season? Kerry Collins? Puleeze. He had much, much more of an impact than Bush (who played his second, if not third year of professional football).

To win Rookie of the Year this past year, you had to have rushed for more yards than any NFL quarterback in the history of the NFL... and you had to have passed for 2,200 yards in 3/4 of a season as you learn the game, and you have to have guided your team to FIVE more wins with one of the, if not THE worst defense in the NFL.

Take off the "I hate UT and Vince glasses" Counselor.

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2007, 04:50 PM
Counselor..you're comparing apples to pumpkins.

Quarterback, as you know, is the most difficult position to learn and master in football and is perhaps, the most difficult position to learn in all of sports.

If your QB succs, you will not win.

If Vince had not started for the Titans, would they have been contending up to the last week of the regular season? Kerry Collins? Puleeze. He had much, much more of an impact than Bush (who played his second, if not third year of professional football).

To win Rookie of the Year this past year, you had to have rushed for more yards than any NFL quarterback in the history of the NFL... and you had to have passed for 2,200 yards in 3/4 of a season as you learn the game, and you have to have guided your team to FIVE more wins with one of the, if not THE worst defense in the NFL.

Take off the "I hate UT and Vince glasses" Counselor.

Wrong. It's Michael Vick. - http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/news_story/?ID=188741&hubname=nfl-falcons

Take off the "I blow Vince" t-shirt, Counselor.

TexasLidig8r
2/7/2007, 05:07 PM
The post should have said.. More rushing yards by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2007, 05:20 PM
The post should have said.. More rushing yards by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. :rolleyes:

Take off the "Vince Young Can Pass! He Really, Really, Can!" t-shirt, Counselor.

bixby28
2/7/2007, 10:24 PM
Vince Young didn't have a better year than Colston. I would say a QB definitely has an advantage in edging out someone for ROY. Someone tell me why Colston didn't deserve it ?

85sooners
2/24/2007, 01:10 AM
:pop:

snp
2/24/2007, 02:54 AM
Then sign up for sponsorship.

rufnek05
2/24/2007, 03:07 PM
:pop: