PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Is Depressed????

Geekboy
2/5/2007, 07:40 PM
Football season is over.

Hockey? Get real. The stupidest helmets of any uniforms and if fighting was banned the sport would GO AWAY! Their ratings are in the tank anyway.

NASCAR.......if they made crash proof cars the sport would GO AWAY.

If they made injury proof uniforms for football the sport would still thrive!

Baseball IS America's past time but still boring compared to football especially college football.

I wish I could enter a sleep chamber for six months. Don't get me wrong. I wish I loved the other sports but in reality they can't suck enough compared to college football.

Sco
2/5/2007, 07:43 PM
Good thing hockey pretty much rules. I'll be at my place watching the Stars.

Oh. And the Mavs can go ahead and keep winning too. That provides me with almost a game a night.

Fraggle145
2/5/2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88823

bixby28
2/5/2007, 08:05 PM
I went to my first Hockey game a few months ago, it was better than i expected it to be. It will never be a football substitute but it definitely gets an 'A' for fast-paced, violent collisions.

Fraggle145
2/5/2007, 08:16 PM
Hockey is not fun with out libations... it just isnt.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 08:31 PM
Football season is over.

Hockey? Get real. The stupidest helmets of any uniforms and if fighting was banned the sport would GO AWAY! Their ratings are in the tank anyway.

Baseball IS America's past time but still boring compared to football especially college football.

I wish I could enter a sleep chamber for six months. Don't get me wrong. I wish I loved the other sports but in reality they can't suck enough compared to college football.

if you live in okc, an option is the yard dawgz which starts in about a month. i plan on spending quite a bit of time there.....

ashley
2/5/2007, 08:42 PM
Me, real bad.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/5/2007, 08:47 PM
Over Christmas break I spent some time in Denver scouting for places to live and I attended an Avalanche game, and I must say I wasn't giving hockey any chance whatsoever going in but on the way out it really wasn't that bad. But like the original poster said it's still not football

GrapevineSooner
2/5/2007, 09:51 PM
F all you hockey haters. ;)

BajaOklahoma
2/5/2007, 10:14 PM
The people who hate hockey just don't get it. Fighting is not the be-all and the end-all.

And my b-i-l is the guy who came came up with the process for making graphite hockey sticks - getting it to form a rectangle was the hard part.

Football > hockey > soccer > other sports

shavedmarmoset
2/5/2007, 11:21 PM
Good thing hockey pretty much rules. I'll be at my place watching the Stars.

Oh. And the Mavs can go ahead and keep winning too. That provides me with almost a game a night.

Dallas sucks. :D

Go Rockets.

TopDawg
2/5/2007, 11:26 PM
We've still got signing day. And then it's less than 2 months before the spring game!

I know...I know.........but it's something!

chbrew09
2/5/2007, 11:34 PM
Dallas sucks. :D

Go Rockets.

Dallas Sucks :D
Houston Sucks :D :D

GO SPURS!

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 11:45 PM
We've still got signing day. And then it's less than 2 months before the spring game!

I know...I know.........but it's something!
Wow, I didn't realize the Spring game was less than two months away! :D That should put a smile on anyones face.

I do miss football but just think of all the new up and comings we have in the wings already and how much fun Recruiting Day will be. Basketball is a good filler. There is always plenty to be happy about when you're a Sooner. :)

AlabamaSooner
2/5/2007, 11:49 PM
Sooner basketball, Sooner baseball (and softball), Mavs, Braves....it holds me over. All of them added up doesn't even come close to college football though.

SoonerStormchaser
2/6/2007, 11:32 AM
Football season is over.

Ask me again in June after the Stanley Cup finals are over!

My depression lasts from mid-June til late August!

TheUnnamedSooner
2/6/2007, 02:52 PM
Dallas Sucks :D
Houston Sucks :D :D
San Antonio Sucks

Texass sucks :D :D :D

SoonerStormchaser
2/6/2007, 03:13 PM
Yah, but I'm going to not one but TWO Dallas Stars games this weekend with my brother.

soonersweetie
2/6/2007, 03:32 PM
Yep I'm depressed. However, as mentioned before. Spring practice starts in March. Spring game is in April, then the NFL Draft. Then is where I get really depressed. No college basketball or football, hockey playoffs and that's about it. July is the most depressing month of the year, especially since I'm not really fond of summer weather.

Of course if there wasn't an offseason, I would never get all those major house cleaning/filing projects taken care of. Most people do spring cleaning. I do pre football July cleaning. So from August to January, I can concentrate on football.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 03:39 PM
Plus we have the last several episodes of THE OFFICE so I will survive til spring ball....HOPEFULLY!!!

the_ouskull
2/6/2007, 05:51 PM
They have this sport where they bounce a round ball, and, sometimes, throw it through a 10' tall hoop. You guys should check it out. I, uh... heard Switzer would be there signing free autographs for orphans captured from Aggie households. Yeah, and our coach played at Duke. Give it a look sometime.

the_ouskull

birddog
2/6/2007, 08:43 PM
i always make a nice transition from college f-ball to college b-ball. conference play comes rolling in and the gettin is good.

march madness, man.