View Full Version : Welcome Londell Taylor

Rhino
2/5/2007, 05:45 PM
WR/S from Vian, Oklahoma
6'3", 213, 4.6

Last season:
46 rec / 1170 yds / 16 TDs
67 tackles / 9 INTs

Rivals profile (http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=47127)

AlabamaSooner
2/5/2007, 05:53 PM
I'm sure he's a good player, but we went after a one star player with offers from only central arkansas, northern iowa, and the citadel? (Yes, I know the coaches don't pay attention to that). They must know something others don't.

fwsooner22
2/5/2007, 06:03 PM
I'm sure he's a good player, but we went after a one star player with offers from only central arkansas, northern iowa, and the citadel? (Yes, I know the coaches don't pay attention to that). They must know something others don't.

bob stoops

Rhino
2/5/2007, 06:11 PM
I'm sure he's a good player, but we went after a one star player with offers from only central arkansas, northern iowa, and the citadel? (Yes, I know the coaches don't pay attention to that). They must know something others don't. North Carolina and New Mexico also offered him.

Rhino
2/5/2007, 06:12 PM
And I'm sure if I told you we won a head-to-head recruitment against John Blake, you'd be jumping for joy about this kid.

Collier11
2/5/2007, 06:29 PM
I'm sure he's a good player, but we went after a one star player .

I would imagine like all other little known recruits that his star power may go up once rivals or scout checks out some film on him. He is so low most likely due to the fact that he is from a 2A school in OK and no one has seen much film of him

jdsooner
2/5/2007, 06:33 PM
Good article from the Muskogee Phoenix:
http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/sports/local_story_029003143.html?keyword=secondarystory

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/5/2007, 07:34 PM
I know Scout has him on, but Rivals isn't saying anything about this kid. What gives?

bixby28
2/5/2007, 07:57 PM
Taylor has great size for a HS defensive back. This guy is going to be a player at OU,...and in a great way. :)

Ground_Attack
2/5/2007, 10:41 PM
I don't remember many people wanting Iglesias either. He's turned out pretty good so far.

TopDawg
2/5/2007, 11:12 PM
Vian! W00t!!!

We need more guys from Vian.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/6/2007, 04:30 AM
I've seen Vian play several times last season and Londell Taylor is an excellent player. He's definitely good enough to play at the D1 level; sometimes, players from small schools get a bad rap but this kid can play.

arklahoman36
2/6/2007, 10:58 AM
Vian had a handful of players that would have gotten more love had they played at a larger school, and Taylor was the best among them.
I saw the Wolverines play a few times, and he had good hands as a receiver, could block and had good cover skills.
A friend who also saw the state championship game against OC Millwood said he was easily the MVP of that game (win or lose), shutting down Tramain Swindall -- the top rated WR in the state.

Ban One Sooner
2/6/2007, 11:35 AM
Teddy Lehman, Josh Heupel and Q were all one or two star guys I believe. Torrance Marshall also. He was a fullback at some military school in Missouri I think. I don't think he even came with a star, maybe just a couple comets or something.

IronSooner
2/6/2007, 12:30 PM
So much the better. No ego. Just get here, work your *** off and go compete. The rest will take care of itself.

Seamus
2/6/2007, 02:13 PM
So much the better. No ego. Just get here, work your *** off and go compete. The rest will take care of itself.

Phuckin' A.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Sugarless94/officespace_lawrence.jpg

william_brasky
2/7/2007, 01:36 AM
speaking of Vian, what's the word on the Locust kid?

Hella Sideburns
2/7/2007, 02:29 AM
he has a catfish moustache and a big ole bag of trouble following him

BoJangles
2/7/2007, 04:32 AM
I believe NEO and some JUCO in Kansas are looking at him. His troubles off of the field hurt him.

Rook65
2/7/2007, 11:45 AM
I believe NEO and some JUCO in Kansas are looking at him. His troubles off of the field hurt him.

Too bad, he's a true speed-burner.

birddog
2/7/2007, 01:26 PM
i don't know anything about this kid but i love that he's an oklahoma boy.

WELCOME LONDELL!!

AllAboutThe'O'
2/7/2007, 02:34 PM
I think even if he didn't have the off-field problems, his size would have been a big detriment. He's not very tall to be an elite DI running back, although he may have been a good fit at a Tulsa or a school at that level.
He'll likely sign with NEO, which may have a dream backfield in place. They're also likely to land Bubba Philpot, the do-everything back from Sallisaw and the Locke kid from Hugo. If that's the case, I would just run the ball with those three all day long.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/7/2007, 02:39 PM
I attended the signing today, and even though Taylor had an OU cap and a UNC cap on his table before his announcement, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he was going to go to OU. Of course, he teased the Vian faithful by taking a good hard look at the UNC cap before putting on the OU cap, to wild cheers and the playing of "Boomer Sooner" by the school band.
There's also several other Vian kids that will be playing at the next level. Also today, lineman Nick Christie signed with University of Central Arkansas and lineman/tight end Phillip Wright signed with NSU.
Seth Sloan, the quarterback, is likely to walk-on at either SMU or OSU.

usaosooner
10/31/2010, 02:32 AM
super necro bump... rumors he is done with minor league ball and has recommitted to OU... He would pay his own way and in would be a walk on

HBick
10/31/2010, 05:24 PM
yeah just saw the story on soonerscoop, walk on a WR?

usaosooner
10/31/2010, 06:21 PM
yeah just saw the story on soonerscoop, walk on a WR?

no S/LB

Collier11
11/1/2010, 12:49 AM
really great athlete apparently

stoopified
11/2/2010, 04:48 PM
I'm glad for any player OU gets but reality keeps me from getting excited about a player until he is on campus and competing.I recall Vernon Maxwell signing a baseball contract then coming back to OU.He was a great athlete who made no ripple much less impact at OU.

Collier11
11/2/2010, 06:48 PM
Maxwell, talk about a super great athlete who couldnt live up to the potential

wilson63
11/13/2010, 10:21 PM
Well since Blake Bell is transferring...how are we set for a qb in the 2012 class?

misplacedsooner
11/14/2010, 02:02 AM
who said blake is transferring? got a link for that one or is it an assumption?

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 10:04 AM
who said blake is transferring? got a link for that one or is it an assumption?

He did.

has anyone heard rumors of Blake Bell transferring to K-State after this season? I think it may be total BS...but a friend said they heard it directly for a player as well as the Bell family. I need someone in the "real" know to call BS or Float on this one...

misplacedsooner
11/14/2010, 10:30 AM
thanks, dont know how i missed seeing that. id be shocked if this happens.

Big D Sooner
11/14/2010, 11:41 PM
He would have to sit out 2 years to transfer in conference and he has burned his redshirt so... I seriously doubt it.

Ground_Attack
11/15/2010, 12:39 AM
Bell burned his RS? when did that happen?

sooner59
11/15/2010, 01:52 AM
He hasn't burned his redshirt. Bell has never been on the field.

Big D Sooner
11/15/2010, 10:13 AM
My bad, I didn't mean burned redshirt, I meant that he is using his redshirt now. It was late and I was tired.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 11:13 AM
He would have to sit out 2 years to transfer in conference and he has burned his redshirt so... I seriously doubt it.

Why would he want to go to Kansas State to have to wait until his Junior season to play, when if he just does that here he'll probably be the leading contender for the starting job when Landry leaves. Especially when we have produced 2 QB Heisman winners and one QB Heisman Finalist in the last ten years. He's staying...