PDA

View Full Version : OU Wins Prestigious PRISM Award

AlabamaSooner
2/5/2007, 02:30 PM
Figured everyone would like to see this (although I'm sure many already have). It's a great honor for the University and program. It's good to see that our hardworking athletics department is getting their due recognition for the great job they truely do.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=784755

OKC-SLC
2/5/2007, 04:28 PM
word.

Boomer.....
2/5/2007, 04:42 PM
Very cool!

Readyfor8
2/5/2007, 06:21 PM
I love the Sooners no doubt about that so take what I say with a grain of salt. But, considering the fact that more than one of our programs was investigated in the 2006 year by its governing body, should we really be considered for "managerial excellence?"

BajaOklahoma
2/5/2007, 07:25 PM
Life isn't perfect. It's all about how you deal with problems, flaws and issues.

swardboy
2/5/2007, 07:27 PM
As one of only three Division I programs in the country with a licensed sports psychologist on the athletics department staff, the program offers psychological counseling in individual or group settings, sports psychology and mental coaching, team building workshops and vocational assessment and training.

Running backs pre-game mental exercise: "I can fly. I CAN fly. I can FLY!"

snp
2/5/2007, 07:31 PM
Does that mean we can put some more numbers on the side of the stadium?

MichiganSooner
2/5/2007, 10:33 PM
$250,000+ donated to OU libraries by the OU athletic department? WOW.
That is truly impressive.

goingoneight
2/5/2007, 11:56 PM
Does that mean we can put some more numbers on the side of the stadium?

Only when we put names back on OUr jerseys!!! :eek:

AlabamaSooner
2/6/2007, 07:54 AM
$250,000+ donated to OU libraries by the OU athletic department? WOW.
That is truly impressive.

I thought that was pretty cool as well.

CrimsonChampion
2/6/2007, 11:31 AM
I love the Sooners no doubt about that so take what I say with a grain of salt. But, considering the fact that more than one of our programs was investigated in the 2006 year by its governing body, should we really be considered for "managerial excellence?"

We dealt with the Bomar and Quinn situation with class. If it were a defensive player or something it wouldn't have been as big of a deal, but kicking our starting QB off the team a few weeks before the season definatly messed our stratgies and schemes up. We did what had to be done quickly, and with class. There are alot of programs that would've tried to cover up for such an important part of their team, or just tried to punish him and keep him on the team.