PDA

View Full Version : This year's Federal Budget propsal comes in at 2.9 trillion

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/16989395

At least we kept it under 3 trillion this year.:texan:

IronSooner
2/5/2007, 12:20 PM
Am I the only one who feels like money begins to lose meaning at those numbers?

sooner n houston
2/5/2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/16989395

At least we kept it under 3 trillion this year.:texan:

This is only Bush's proposal. When the Dems are done that will be small change! :eek:

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 01:13 PM
This is only Bush's proposal. When the Dems are done that will be small change! :eek:

Let's not misunderestimate Bush's ability to spend cash just as well, if not better, than most of the Dems.

Widescreen
2/5/2007, 01:33 PM
Makes me feel way better about my crushing personal debt.

TUSooner
2/5/2007, 02:07 PM
In!

FaninAma
2/6/2007, 12:21 PM
In regard to the budget Bush sucks, the Republicans suck, and the Democrats suck. What these idiots are doing to our kids and later generations is nothing short of larceny.

The amount of money that will be used just to pay off interest to the debt is fast becoming staggering. I can fathom a time that the whole damned budget will have to go towards servicing the debt unless there is a massive tax increase.

jacru
2/6/2007, 12:28 PM
It's amazing more women don't go into politics. The chance to spend that much money must be tempting. ;)

Vaevictis
2/6/2007, 12:35 PM
The amount of money that will be used just to pay off interest to the debt is fast becoming staggering. I can fathom a time that the whole damned budget will have to go towards servicing the debt unless there is a massive tax increase.

$261 billion in interest paid this year, if I'm reading it right. 10% of all money anticipated to be collected by the feds this year.

Also, $31 billion greater than the anticipated deficit. (ie, if we didn't have to pay so goddamn much interest, we'd be in the black and then some)

GrapevineSooner
2/6/2007, 01:55 PM
With Republicans and Democrats in charge now, the sky's the limit.

Literally.

Ike
2/6/2007, 02:08 PM
I'm tellin ya, we'd be loving these kinds of numbers if we would just start getting the money by shaking down the likes of france, germany, denmark, etc for protection money.

And especially Belgium. and Finland. Those ****ers are getting just a little too smarmy for me.

jeremy885
2/6/2007, 02:52 PM
$261 billion in interest paid this year, if I'm reading it right. 10% of all money anticipated to be collected by the feds this year.

Also, $31 billion greater than the anticipated deficit. (ie, if we didn't have to pay so goddamn much interest, we'd be in the black and then some)

Sad thing is that for most years, the tax not paid but due is equal to or greater than the year's budget deficit.

This is why I never understand why governments cut or don't increase funding for their revenue collection agencies during deficit years.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm tellin ya, we'd be loving these kinds of numbers if we would just start getting the money by shaking down the likes of france, germany, denmark, etc for protection money.

And especially Belgium. and Finland. Those ****ers are getting just a little too smarmy for me.

http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/03/Soprano.jpg

KaiserSooner
2/6/2007, 03:32 PM
In regard to the budget Bush sucks, the Republicans suck, and the Democrats suck. What these idiots are doing to our kids and later generations is nothing short of larceny.

Fancy that. I agree with you for once :)