PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Article Regarding USC. Very Damning Info Regarding Carrol and USC

FaninAma
2/5/2007, 11:46 AM
This article is not the same article that was floating around the message boards a few days ago. This one is from September but somehow I never saw it posted. It is much, much, much more specific and damning of the complicity of the USC staff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=dw-bush_usc&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mfosterftw
2/5/2007, 11:53 AM
Here's another article from today's LA Times... regarding easy grades for SUC athletes from a local JUCO. Looks like SUC is starting to pay attention to things:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-usctech2feb02,0,1643264.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Marc

FaninAma
2/5/2007, 11:59 AM
I have never seen allegations that Carrol knew about the problem and tried to cover it up as was alleged in the article I linked. How in the heck has this not gotten more attention?

Is there any doubt that USC is running a very dirty program?

yermom
2/5/2007, 12:05 PM
Here's another article from today's LA Times... regarding easy grades for SUC athletes from a local JUCO. Looks like SUC is starting to pay attention to things:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-usctech2feb02,0,1643264.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Marc

Summertime, and the grading is easy

that's a Sublime song isn't it?

oumartin
2/5/2007, 12:06 PM
get over it.. nothing is gonna happen.. just let it die

FaninAma
2/5/2007, 12:20 PM
get over it.. nothing is gonna happen.. just let it die

You may very well be right. It seems like there is a huge effort to sweep this mess under the carpet.

Who televises the PAC 10 games? Is it Fox or ESPN?

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2007, 12:21 PM
The NCAA only grows balls when it is time to f*** with us.

85sooners
2/5/2007, 12:25 PM
get over it.. nothing is gonna happen.. just let it die:eek:

Rhino
2/5/2007, 12:47 PM

Marc
"Those USC kids told me, 'If I took this class at USC, I'd get a D.' All of them said that," Ross said. But she is not apologetic.

"I've never given an easy grade in my life," she told The Times in a recent interview. "You come to my class and work, and I see you want to learn, I'll give you an A. I see some lazy ***, coming late all the time, acting like he doesn't care, I won't give him an A. I'll give him a B." A 'B'?!?!?!? My gosh.

CincySooner
2/5/2007, 12:51 PM
On the surface, it seems like USC did the right thing by disallowing the grades. Its about the only thing they could do considering the classes weren't USC classes taught by a universty-paid professor.

There was one quote in the article that really made me wonder about that Spanish 3 class....

"The most important thing in learning is that everyone likes the teacher," she [Ross, the teacher] said.

:confused: :eek:

Some of the best teachers I had were ones that I hated.

oumartin
2/5/2007, 12:54 PM
well they weren't allowing the classes after their first probation but it appears they were now allowing this spanish 3 class if i read correctly.

Dio
2/5/2007, 06:20 PM
I see some lazy ***, coming late all the time, acting like he doesn't care, I won't give him an A. I'll give him a B.

Ooooh, that'll show him! :rolleyes:

elderlysooner
2/5/2007, 06:52 PM
Just a few years ago, a school was put on probation, because a student athlete didn't have enough money to go home for his mother's funeral.An assistant coach loaned it to him, and over time he paid it back. If that's worth probation, what the heLL is what;s going on in LA worth? I would say the death penalty.

Texas Golfer
2/5/2007, 07:21 PM
Is there even an NCAA investigation going on for these allegations? I haven't heard anything to indicate USC is even concerned.

jeremy885
2/5/2007, 07:25 PM
I don't see that suc did anything wrong with this one. This would be like people saying OU should be on probation because Stoops didn't do anything after Bomar got his first illegal check. When they discovered it, they dealt with it.

I was more surprised that a 3 credit hour spanish language class costs 5500 at suc.

Fraggle145
2/5/2007, 07:32 PM
I don't see that suc did anything wrong with this one. This would be like people saying OU should be on probation because Stoops didn't do anything after Bomar got his first illegal check. When they discovered it, they dealt with it.

I was more surprised that a 3 credit hour spanish language class costs 5500 at suc.

They still havent done anything about Reggie Bush taking money (not that they can anymore), but they didnt discover it at the time...

jeremy885
2/5/2007, 07:40 PM
They still havent done anything about Reggie Bush taking money (not that they can anymore), but they didnt discover it at the time...

Now I think they're guilty on the Bush scandal, but this one seems to minor to worry about, especially since the disallowed the class and the players were ineligible for the Rose Bowl.

Fraggle145
2/5/2007, 07:44 PM
Now I think they're guilty on the Bush scandal, but this one seems to minor to worry about, especially since the disallowed the class and the players were ineligible for the Rose Bowl.

Its more fun to pile on! :D

FaninAma
2/5/2007, 10:35 PM
How stupid is it for a program, through it's compliance staff, to facilitate players in acquiring internships with a sport's agent....a crooked sport's agent at that?

Why don't they just line up the players with summer jobs at the major sports bookies in Vegas?

From what I can discern there are apparently two sports agencies that Bush is alleged to have taken money and gifts from....the group headed up by Ornstein which had all of the inside connections to the USC program through theUSc complaince staff and the second group headed up by a guy by the name of Lake. The second group is the group that Bush and his family allegedly double crossed and is also the group that made the tapes that surfaced a couple of weeks ago:

Lake told Yahoo in August 2006 that he contributed a portion of the cash and gifts allegedly given to Bush and his family as part of an agreement to represent the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner when he signed an NFL contract. In September, Yahoo.com reported Ornstein also supplied Bush and his family with gifts while he was still at USC.

Man this is a sordid, tangled web.