PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Good

landrun
2/5/2007, 10:49 AM
Stephen Good

I've seen him as the #2 ranked player in Texas behind R.J. Washington.
Rivals says something about him visiting this week. :cool: Anyone have any updates on this guy? Did he visit?

And when is 'Junior Day'??

Rhino
2/5/2007, 11:17 AM
Junior Day was two days ago.

He came in on junior day. Bus1 says Good liked OU, but didn't want to make an early decision.

lcaldwell1
2/5/2007, 11:31 AM
where did you get the texas rankings landrun?..ive been tryin to find rankings for the 08 class and have been unable to do so

landrun
2/5/2007, 12:01 PM
I found it on google.
It listed the link through the texas.rivals site.

But I have purified the link and I send it through the OU site. :P

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1688

Only 2 of the top 10 have made commitments. And they're both committed to OU. :D

landrun
2/5/2007, 12:03 PM
btw, I have been unable to find the Rivals 100 for 08'. If anyone can find it, do us a favor and post the link.

Gracious mes amis. (I'm fluent in multiple languages. :D)

lcaldwell1
2/5/2007, 12:03 PM
awesome thanks man

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2007, 12:44 PM
Snow isn't one of the Texas top 10? Surprising.

Oops, he is.

Snow has committed to UT.

landrun
2/5/2007, 01:01 PM
Rivals doesn't show him committed because it says he hasn't been given a scholarship offer yet.

landrun
2/5/2007, 01:06 PM
Why is Rivals still insinuating that Good is going to commit this week?

I heard he enjoyed his visit but wasn't ready to make an early commitment.
Any news?

SgtSooner
2/5/2007, 02:32 PM
Are we going after any Tight Ends? It seems that we are shallow and would need to bring in some depth with next years recruiting class for 08

Widescreen
2/5/2007, 02:49 PM
What tight end would want to come to OU? I'm still in shock that we got such a good one last year.

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2007, 03:46 PM
Rivals doesn't show him committed because it says he hasn't been given a scholarship offer yet.

I have a feeling they'll make some room for him.

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2007, 04:52 PM
Why is Rivals still insinuating that Good is going to commit this week?

I heard he enjoyed his visit but wasn't ready to make an early commitment.
Any news?

Yeah, there's some news. I'm sure somebody will give you some free info that they heard from their uncle anytime now.

J-Rod12
2/5/2007, 05:04 PM
I think he's going to Texas, unfortunately.

BASSooner
2/5/2007, 06:35 PM
why do you think that?

snp
2/5/2007, 06:49 PM
The 6-foot-5, 290-pound blocker who looks to be an early favorite for the state's top spot in the class says that his time in Oklahoma was as perfect as it could have possibly been.

"Honestly it couldn't have gone better. Everything was just great the coaches answered all of our questions; it couldn't have been a better visit," Good gushed.

At the end of the day, it's often a mother's comfort that helps a recruit makes a decision. With that in mind it's no surprise that there was some sentiment that Oklahoma planned to make Good's mother as comfortable as possible.

According to her son, mission accomplished.

"My decision will be between OU and Texas, and that decision is coming sooner than I expected it to," he surprisingly admitted. "I pretty much have a feel for where I'm going."

Things are looking good for him so far. Gotta survive the Austin trip. He said he will be looking to commit after this weekend.

Are we going after any Tight Ends? It seems that we are shallow and would need to bring in some depth with next years recruiting class for 08

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=2495457

Claims an OU offer. I haven't been over the entire list of the Junior day to see if there were any other guys. But

utex74
2/5/2007, 08:29 PM
I think he's going to Texas, unfortunately.

He and his parents are going to Austin this weekend. Even with the picture of him in an OU cap we are keeping our fingers crossed for the visit. We are sick with talent at the OG position but in two years we will be short at OT. Good would be most welcome.

BASSooner
2/5/2007, 11:16 PM
we won't give up without a fight :D

landrun
2/5/2007, 11:36 PM
I like our chances. Its better than it would be if he were wearing an old UT hat. The hat doesn't look exactly new. I guess he's had it for a while.

insuranceman_22
2/6/2007, 04:47 PM
Good is an animal, I saw him play last year! We want this guy, we want this guy bad!

landrun
2/7/2007, 09:02 PM
Ha! Texas can bite me! :mad:

They've already dropped BOTH of our commits. :rolleyes: They moved Washington to #3 and Johnson to #7 - while moving Calhoun to #2 knowing we're not going to go after him since we've already got Johnson. That way, OU can only get the number TWO rated back in Tejas. :rolleyes:

Losers don't realized that it won't matter on the playing field. :mad:

I wonder how much more they'll drop over the next year. :pop:

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1688 <-- the new and improved (i.e. altered for the sanity of horn fans ) version.

landrun
2/7/2007, 09:05 PM
My bad. Sorry.

It hasn't been 'altered'. The site reads, "last sorted on 2/6/2007".
mmm..Kay. ;) So it has been 'sorted' today.

So it is now 'sorted' in a more 'accurate' order I guess. Look for this page to be 'sorted' over and over and we pick people off this list over the next year. :)

lcaldwell1
2/9/2007, 12:31 PM
anyone know when rivals will actually give the 08 players stars and rank them?

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2007, 06:46 PM
Rumors that he's committing tonight...

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2007, 07:18 PM
Supposedly he's committing to SOMEONE right now.

One of the recruiting experts is certain that it's us.

snp
2/12/2007, 07:22 PM
Still nothing.

Rumor has it that he was calling Mack first than Stoops.

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2007, 07:23 PM
Yep. No horn site reporters invited to the committment ceremony...

Octavian
2/12/2007, 07:23 PM
just announced his decision a few minutes ago on radio in TX....

Stephen Good says.....

HE'S A SOONER!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/12/2007, 07:29 PM
So this is four potential 5 star players?

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2007, 07:29 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/penguincult/_images/hooray.jpg

soonerthanu
2/12/2007, 07:30 PM
Ouch now this is what I call a pancake (http://http://64.237.99.126/oldclips/2008BA125.wmv)

jccouger
2/12/2007, 07:30 PM
Heck yeah!

jccouger
2/12/2007, 07:36 PM
Rivals still hasnt updated....

They are probably moving his rankings down as we speak. :rolleyes:

Octavian
2/12/2007, 07:41 PM

yeah, he'll be lucky to be in the Texas Top10 by this time tomorrow

Collier11
2/12/2007, 07:50 PM
apparently Ben Habern may be a new commit soon...keep your eyes open. It is looking like we may get 3 of the top 10 o-lineman in texas

RedStripe
2/12/2007, 07:50 PM

That list is from the :texan: rivals site. It is not the Rivals texas list.

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2007, 08:03 PM
Not only Habern, but Shugarts left the message "Boomer Sooner" on Good's MySpace page.

Not that I was on a 17-year-old kid's MySpace page. That'd be creepy.

No, really, I just heard that from someone.

Crap.

jccouger
2/12/2007, 08:05 PM
But didnt rivals still make that list? I'm confused with how the whole rivals system works. I know they have a page for each team, but I just thought rivals still made all the articles and such.

Good still isnt updated on Rivals yet as a sooner commit...

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/12/2007, 08:08 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

He's on '08 now

RedStripe
2/12/2007, 08:15 PM
But didnt rivals still make that list? I'm confused with how the whole rivals system works. I know they have a page for each team, but I just thought rivals still made all the articles and such.

Good still isnt updated on Rivals yet as a sooner commit...

No, the texas Rivlas site came up with it. Each site has their own reporters the texas reporters rank the prospects and the national reporters also rank them.

Both RJ Washington and Good are on the National JR all American Team. Link (http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=895&CID=638213)

Octavian
2/12/2007, 08:21 PM
....Shugarts left the message "Boomer Sooner" on Good's MySpace page.

<crosses fingers>

Mjcpr
2/12/2007, 08:36 PM
Good supposedly committed this afternoon.

birddog
2/12/2007, 09:00 PM
sweet.

Collier11
2/12/2007, 09:07 PM
Not only Habern, but Shugarts left the message "Boomer Sooner" on Good's MySpace page.

Not that I was on a 17-year-old kid's MySpace page. That'd be creepy.

No, really, I just heard that from someone.

Crap.

Wierdo!!!

Common sense ref
2/12/2007, 09:13 PM
apparently Ben Habern may be a new commit soon...keep your eyes open. It is looking like we may get 3 of the top 10 o-lineman in texas
I'll ask Ben tomorrow if he is going to commit.;) But I will tell you this he is not very big.

birddog
2/12/2007, 09:41 PM
hopefully 260 lbs. in high school= 290+ at ou.

birddog
2/12/2007, 09:43 PM
that is, assuming he stays as an o-linemen.

insuranceman_22
2/12/2007, 10:44 PM
This is one helluva commit, this guy may be a dominate force for a couple of yrs for the Sooners. Good is a stud!

KingDavid
2/12/2007, 11:47 PM
Good choice, Good! Congratulations. The Sooner Nation welcomes you!

Your first assignment, should you choose to accept it: go get Shugarts and Habern and bring 'em with you!

After that, all three of you go "pancake" Sam McGuffie's front door, kidnapp him, and bring him to Norman!

bixby28
2/13/2007, 12:00 AM
OU is off to a helluva start with the 2008 class. I dont' see these players losing their sense and backing from their commitment. It's a long ways until Signing Day for 2008, but i think these guys will stick to their word.

The recruiting staff has done an incredible job, no doubt about it. This class could be excellent by the time it's completed.

KingDavid
2/13/2007, 12:04 AM
What's the ball-park for the number of scholly's we have to offer in 2008? Anybody have a guess?

I looked at it just now and it looks like we'll graduate 20 Sr's next year. So maybe we have a couple medical set-backs like this year, and maybe an early departure for the NFL (I could see Kelly or Smith doing it, possibly), and then we have 23 scholly's, give or take 2? Thoughts?

Collier11
2/13/2007, 12:07 AM
23-26

lcaldwell1
2/13/2007, 08:46 PM
what does everyone think that they will be ranked...Good, Johnson, Washington, and Franklin...could they all be 5 stars or what?...im not finding a lot of hype on the franklin kid?

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/13/2007, 09:11 PM
5*
Good, RJ

High 4* maybe 5* (depends on senior season)
JJ

From what I hear Franklin is a great player and could be a 5* but more than likely a 4*. (depends on senior season)

MojoRisen
2/13/2007, 10:24 PM
Just saw good's film- may be the best film I have seen on a highschool OL- he is an absolute animal and drives every block on the clip to the whistle...

bixby28
2/14/2007, 12:26 AM
Just saw good's film- may be the best film I have seen on a highschool OL- he is an absolute animal and drives every block on the clip to the whistle...

I couldn't agree more. Stephen Good looks like a man-child on the field. He doesn't seem to ever quit on a play. He could be the next great lineman at OU.

I watched another stud in high school, Robert Meacham, though he was a skill position guy. When he didn't get the football, he would take the play off. Not sure how his attitude about effort has changed but he didn't seem to be the best team player while at Booker T. Washington. Glad to see Stephen Good play like a warrior, like most of the recruits seem to do.

lcaldwell1
2/14/2007, 12:28 AM
thanks boomerbradley

lcaldwell1
2/21/2007, 01:28 AM
anyone know when the rivals players are actually given stars and ranked?

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/21/2007, 08:28 AM
Probably after the season starts

hembro4OU
3/19/2007, 04:54 PM
sorta kills the gundy can't recruit thread :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

boomersooner28
3/20/2007, 09:33 AM
Is A&M handing out Bentley's or what? I mean really? They have 15 of the top 100 kids in Texas already committed????? :confused: :confused:

A&M?

The team that not very long ago got bashed 77-0????? And hasn't done anything since??? And all of a sudden everyone wants to play there????

I want a Bentley.

fwsooner22
3/20/2007, 11:01 AM
Cyclical......Horns have so many 3-5 stars at every position its time for kids to look elsewhere.....It happened to us (many times) and it is about to happen to them....Hard to sign at a school where there are 4 to 6 kids already ahead of you......

MojoRisen
3/20/2007, 11:03 AM
So true, and then of the 4-6 there is always a coaches favorite of the bunch and then you got to go beat him out too.

boomersooner28
3/20/2007, 01:06 PM
Cyclical......Horns have so many 3-5 stars at every position its time for kids to look elsewhere.....It happened to us (many times) and it is about to happen to them....Hard to sign at a school where there are 4 to 6 kids already ahead of you......

Good point. But, they could always sign with Baylor. ;)

Desert Sapper
3/20/2007, 03:08 PM
As of right now we have the top 3 players in Texas for '08.

snp
3/20/2007, 03:18 PM
Is A&M handing out Bentley's or what? I mean really? They have 15 of the top 100 kids in Texas already committed????? :confused: :confused:

I wouldn't put too much credence into the top-100 list just yet. It'll change a lot as they play out their senior year.

Also, A&M just got a brand new dorm for their athletes. It's freaking sweet. I can't find a link for it, but if someone has it, please post. I'd rather we go this route instead of stadium improvements. It'd do wonders for recruiting if we had their dorms.

insuranceman_22
3/20/2007, 10:43 PM
A&M has dorms, but we have Bob.....Bob > dorms & fran.

starrca23
3/21/2007, 09:33 AM
I agree insuranceman, but 17 and 18 year old kids don't hold to the same logic we do. I think having dorms as nice as Oregon's home locker room would be a good idea. How about a bed that reverses into a pool table?!

insuranceman_22
3/23/2007, 10:39 PM
starrca - you need to send that one to Bob, it's a good idea! I know what you mean......

KYHonorarySooner
5/22/2007, 04:14 PM
May 22, 2007

John Talman
Recruiting Analyst

First five-stars released
Five-star gallery
Video look at the new five-stars
5-star Search: From the road

Stephen Good can add another accomplishment to the list.
Good gathered scholarship offers from schools such as Georgia, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, and UCLA before making an early commitment to Oklahoma. Now, the 6-foot-5, 290-pounder found out another one of his goals had been achieved early this week when he learned he was going to be named a five-star prospect on Rivals.com.

Good is still focused on improving as a player.
"It's really exciting," Good said about being named to five-star status. "That's been my goal for a while now. I had kind of heard that I might be ranked there and everything, but I didn't want to let that go to my head. I wanted to keep working to make sure that I did make it, but that I was also getting better."

Since committing to the Sooners, the Paris, Texas lineman says things have been pretty quiet – for the most part.

"When I made my commitment, my family was real excited about it for me," Good said. "Nobody was upset. Everybody around here is a Longhorn fan, so they teased me a little bit, but nothing too bad. I still get mail every now and then from schools."

That commitment has not changed. Good says that he remains just as solid to Oklahoma as he did when he made the big decision several months ago.

The coaching staff is a big reason why his commitment has stayed a solid one.

"Like I had said before, I just fell in love with the coaches, the town, the atmosphere, and how the campus was," Good said. "Everything at OU seems to fit me."

Good says that with being named to five-star status and having his commitment made already, there is still another goal that he's looking at to achieve.

"A state championship would be it," Good said. "We're going to try to make a run for it this year. We've got (Keon) Furtch and Jordan (Fields) committed to A&M and some looking at other colleges. We have some talented players and dedicated players.

"So, we're going to turn that to a state championship team."

bixby28
5/22/2007, 04:39 PM
The '08 class could turn out to be incredible and Good is going to be a DI stud.

soonerdave79
5/22/2007, 08:25 PM
His highlight video is unreal.
I'll bet Stephen says to whoever's defending him, "I heard you were talkin' 'bout my mama." And the defender cries, "I didn't say nothin' about your mama, Mr. Good. Please don't hurt me!"

bixby28
5/22/2007, 08:50 PM
His highlight video is unreal.
I'll bet Stephen says to whoever's defending him, "I heard you were talkin' 'bout my mama." And the defender cries, "I didn't say nothin' about your mama, Mr. Good. Please don't hurt me!"

That's good stuff...hehe :D

soonerdave79
5/23/2007, 10:56 AM
I have to give credit to my inspiration, the waterboy.

arenateam
5/23/2007, 03:20 PM
yea