PDA

View Full Version : Confession

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 08:53 AM
Not only did my wife and I go to Best Buy (sorry, Norm), but I picked up Dio's Greatest Hits because it was only $7.99. Rainbow in the Dark and Last in Line rock. :O

Slightly off-topic, my daughter's boyfriend's reason for not knowing who sings Carry On My Wayward Son (they were playing Guitar Hero II), "I don't listen to Oldies." :mad:

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 09:29 AM
Not only did my wife and I go to Best Buy (sorry, Norm), but I picked up Dio's Greatest Hits because it was only $7.99. Rainbow in the Dark and Last in Line rock. :O

Slightly off-topic, my daughter's boyfriend's reason for not knowing who sings Carry On My Wayward Son (they were playing Guitar Hero II), "I don't listen to Oldies." :mad:You know when your music is considered and oldie when you can find it in the dirt cheap sale bin. :D

Melo
2/5/2007, 09:44 AM
I have an odd need, all of a sudden, to go play Guitar Hero.

SoonerStormchaser
2/5/2007, 09:44 AM
Your daughter's boyfriend should be castrated...

...that is all.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:46 AM
how is Carry On My Wayward Son not an "oldie"?

surely it's "classic rock" at least

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 09:47 AM
how is Carry On My Wayward Son not an "oldie"?

surely it's "classic rock" at least
My grandmother listens to oldies, not me. Whippersnappers. :mad:

Beef
2/5/2007, 09:48 AM

Slightly off-topic, my daughter's boyfriend's reason for not knowing who sings Carry On My Wayward Son (they were playing Guitar Hero II), "I don't listen to Oldies." :mad:
There is no shame in buying Dio's Greatest Hits. Rock on, Doc.

Rook65
2/5/2007, 10:41 AM
That reminds me, Pick of Destiny is on my Netflix list, but I don't think it's actually been released yet.

NormanPride
2/5/2007, 11:29 AM
Prince should have done a Holy Diver cover at XLI instead of Proud Mary.

Dio
2/5/2007, 11:33 AM

You're welcome.

Why do you let your daughter date losers?

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 12:36 PM
Why do you let your daughter date losers?
Kinda what I was wondering. Poor parenting, I guess.

Dio
2/5/2007, 06:16 PM
Prince should have done a Holy Diver cover at XLI instead of Proud Mary.

"Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the purple sea..."

tbl
2/5/2007, 06:41 PM
Oldies are 50's and before. Classic rock is anything 60's-79. Right?

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 09:56 PM
You're welcome.

No. You're welcome. Your percentage of $7.99 is on the way. :)

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 10:48 PM
Oldies = 50's to mid 60's
Classic Rock = late 60's to mid 70's
Rock = late 70's to the beginning of the Grunge period

Everything after that is fractionalized and has a sub-genre.

tommieharris91
2/5/2007, 11:04 PM
Oldies = 50's to mid 60's
Classic Rock = late 60's to mid 70's
Rock = late 70's to the beginning of the Grunge period

Everything after that is fractionalized and has a sub-genre.

Well you have punk, goth, and emo after Kurt Cobain died. Very little of it is any good, mostly because nobody tries to play guitar.

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 11:09 PM
Punk was late 70's morphing into New Wave as the pop version of punk in the early 80's. The 90's had post-punk and those others fit into the fractionalized period after the advent of grunge.

Jimminy Crimson
2/6/2007, 03:59 AM
Guitar Hero tells you who the song is by. He can't read. Why do you hate illiterates? ;)

OUDoc
2/6/2007, 09:02 AM
Guitar Hero tells you who the song is by. He can't read. Why do you hate illiterates? ;)
I made them try to tell me from the playlist, before it shows who it's "made famous by". :)
Or, he may be illiterate. I should really be more sensitive to the needs of others.