PDA

View Full Version : KANSAS - MOST IMPORTANT REMAINING GAME

Boffingham
2/5/2007, 08:49 AM
We need to make a run down this stretch to even be "considered" for post season play.

We have 1 big win against a top RPI team.

The good news...we have all of big games at home (ut, a/m, osu, ku)

The bad news...at best it will be a split with every team (not uk)

With that being said...we HAVE TO BEAT KANSAS!!!

OUSKINS
2/5/2007, 09:19 AM
If you are talking about getting an at-large NCAA berth, then I'd say we need to win 3 of our remaining road games and two of our remaining home games. That would leave us at 18 wins going into the tourney, with at least 3 good RPI wins. At this point, I think beating A+M or even Texas might look better than beating KU. Either way, I think we need 18 regular season wins to be in the conversation for the Bog Dance, depending on how we do at the Ford Center. My guess is that 20 overall wins will get us in no matter what. 19 overall wins will most likely get us in depening on other happenings around the country, and 18 overall wins will most likely leave us out.

But in terms of "just" the post-season, I think we're already more or less a shoe-in for the NIT, unless we just crash and burn the rest of the way.

william_brasky
2/5/2007, 09:24 AM
One game at a time Mr. Cart-in-front-of-horse.

tommieharris91
2/5/2007, 01:41 PM
20 wins before the conf tourney starts = 12-4 conf. record. That may be good enough to win the conference. It will definitely be good enough for a bye.

That said, I don't think we can win our last eight down the stretch.

Octavian
2/5/2007, 01:45 PM
must.

beat.

pokie.

ouradu
2/5/2007, 01:57 PM
@kansas st. will be tough. A&M here will still be tough and KU here will be very tough. We can win any of those games, but we could drop them all too. I think we can go 5-3 down the stretch and have a foot on a bubble but if we don't get in, we still will go NIT, which earlier in teh season seemed a tough shot. I'm very happy with Capel's work, even if we don't even get an NIT bid. But if we get just an NIT shot, let alone a spot in the big time, I'll say he should get serious consideration for coach of the year. Let's just beat aggie then worry about the other games. It will be a tough home stretch.

OUSKINS
2/5/2007, 02:11 PM
I am hoping we can go 5-3 the rest of the way; finish at 18-11 overall, 9-7 in the Big 12, and get an easy first round win in the tourney. That would put us at 19-11 and the Friday game of the tourney could decide our Big Dance fate.

To me, that's a best case scenerio though.

SgtSooner
2/5/2007, 02:12 PM
When we stomp osWHO at Lloyd Noble the confidence will continue to grow. It is absolutely amazing that the shorthorns, cowgirls, and jaysquawks continue to be mediocre at best. We have a CHANCE to end this thing right. My respect goes to Capel & crew for getting this bunch to overachieve in every sense of the word.

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 02:20 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you guys only 13-8 (4-4) and have one decent win? Just trying to figure out how you developed this world-beater psyche...

boomersooner82
2/5/2007, 02:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you guys only 13-8 (4-4) and have one decent win? Just trying to figure out how you developed this world-beater psyche...

I don't think anyone's saying we're "world-beaters", just throwing out scenarios that would get us in the tourney. And nothing's really out of the question at this point, because the conference is so average this year. Kansas is the only team that has the talent to be a national top-ten team, but they're coached by the basketball equivalent of Mack Brown. I don't think OU's a very good team, but it's possible they can beat anyone left on the schedule.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 03:08 PM
But if our team gets invited to the Bog Dance they won't even have anything nice to wear.

;)

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 03:13 PM
Man I need some of this weed y'all be smokin'.

SleestakSooner
2/5/2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.tearsforbeers.de/images/cover3b.jpg

I hear these guys are the opening band at this years Bog Dance. :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/5/2007, 03:32 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you guys just lose by double digits to arguably the worst Big 12 team in several years, while the same day the Whorns lost at home to KSU and KU lost at home to Aggie?

I don't think anyone is saying that we run the table from the point on just pointing out that all the games are very winnable, especially the game in Norman on Wed.

If anything the tourney profile is a blank slate at this point. The team has only one win that probably falls in the tourney plus category (TT). On the other hand right now the "worst loss" is Purdue who is 47th in RPI. With no bad losses I think 9-7 and 19-11 going into the conference tourney gives the team a real good shot at the NCAA tourney, something that really didn't even look possible a few weeks ago.

OUstud
2/5/2007, 03:46 PM
I think it was a good thing that we had our toughest road games first. It allowed us to learn how to stay competitive (we failed to do that in the Tech game and all but the last 5:00 of the Texass game, but fared well vs. Aggys 1 & 2). It was also a good thing to not have the toughest ones at home, and that we won by big margins. All of those learning experiences were great for this team, and our confidence was good going into the Tech game and should be even better for Aggy come Wednesday. Hopefully there isn't too much orange there. :mad:

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 04:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you guys just lose by double digits to arguably the worst Big 12 team in several years, while the same day the Whorns lost at home to KSU and KU lost at home to Aggie?

I wouldn't say in several years, as Baylor and aTm would be slighted in that statement. And yeah, we lost to Colorado. So what? We've now lost 4 games the entire year. You've lost 4 conference games.

So far, my prediction (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1740517&postcount=191)is fairly close, not that it's been too difficult thus far...

OUstud
2/5/2007, 05:20 PM

Aggie, I don't think it's a world-beater psyche. It's just a new found optimism. Go back to the Villanova game, or the Coppin State game. Back then, we were worried we may not finish with more than 4-5 wins in conference. Our offense was struggling, and that continued up to the Tech game. Then, L2 got the shaft and Carter became a force. L2 has come back with a vengence, and Neal has found his shot. Plus, we were competitive in places that people (myself included) thought we would get slaughtered in. (see my above post) So there's reason to be excited about OU basketball outside of the women's.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/5/2007, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't say in several years, as Baylor and aTm would be slighted in that statement. And yeah, we lost to Colorado. So what? We've now lost 4 games the entire year. You've lost 4 conference games.

So far, my prediction (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1740517&postcount=191)is fairly close, not that it's been too difficult thus far...

Colorado did manage to beat ISU this year but they have lost all their other conference games before Sat by an average of 23 points. Baylor and A&M were both more competitive than that, even when A&M went 0-16. They had been smoked by Nebraska, Baylor and Missouri in their last 3 games, MU was in Boulder.

The OT win over Texas was exciting but you were real fortunate it was at home. If you think the narrow wins at home over us and Baylor and blowout losses on the road to KU,A&M and a double-digit loss to COLORADO isn't anything to be concerned about you are in denial.

We aren't pencilling OU into the Final 4 or anything like that but I'd argue that over the past 3 weeks overall OU has been the better team (squeaker in Stillwater notwithstanding) and I think that trend is likely to continue.

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 05:39 PM
Denial exists when you think that, over the past three weeks (weeks of the 15th, 22nd, and 29th), you've been a better team than an opponent that: A) Beat you and B) produced the same conference record in that span.

I'm not saying that OSU is playing very well (in fact, I've said that they're playing horrible basketball the past few weeks), but to say that OU is somehow riding all of this momentum when they've won exactly 1 meaningful game the entire year is ridiculous.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/5/2007, 05:50 PM
......(in fact, I've said that they're playing horrible basketball the past few weeks).....

So we are in agreement then on OSU?

I would submit that OU hasn't played horrible basketball the past 3 weeks. Against Baylor and Nebraksa we played far better than OK. I'm not a moral victory guy but if you don't see the difference between OU taking OSU & A&M to the last couple minutes and getting thumped by Colo or embaressed by KU then I don't think logic is your strong point.

Boffingham
2/6/2007, 12:04 AM
we really need to win out...especially the big games i mentioned above

birddog
2/6/2007, 01:06 AM
Denial exists when you think that, over the past three weeks (weeks of the 15th, 22nd, and 29th), you've been a better team than an opponent that: A) Beat you and B) produced the same conference record in that span.

I'm not saying that OSU is playing very well (in fact, I've said that they're playing horrible basketball the past few weeks), but to say that OU is somehow riding all of this momentum when they've won exactly 1 meaningful game the entire year is ridiculous.

we've watched our team improve, immensely. do you not see that? we have something to look forward to as basketball fans (see our recruiting class), and we're playing pretty good ball with, really, not alot of depth.

meanwhile, you have rat boy.

Octavian
2/6/2007, 02:28 AM
:pop:

Readyfor8
2/6/2007, 03:25 AM
One game at a time Mr. Cart-in-front-of-horse.

Where do you put your horse? Behind the cart? Friggen horse cart pushers make me sick!

OUSKINS
2/6/2007, 08:09 AM
Big difference between people PROCLAIMING how good we are and people thinking out loud about tourney possibilities. Big difference.

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 10:16 AM
we've watched our team improve, immensely. do you not see that? we have something to look forward to as basketball fans (see our recruiting class), and we're playing pretty good ball with, really, not alot of depth.

meanwhile, you have rat boy.

While you're playing "pretty good ball" with, really, not a lot of depth, you're still 5-5 over your last 10 games. Meanwhile, OSU hasn't lost 5 games the entire year with, really, less depth. I know you guys say you aren't taking any "moral victories," but if you think playing tough @OSU and @aTm is something that shows improvement, then you're taking a moral victory.

OU/Capel, while they appear to be better than I thought they would, still haven't done anything to date that I would consider unexpected... Sure, their losses have been closer than one might expect, but I don't think that necessarily means that they can compete for an NCAA tournament slot or an upper-half finish in the conference race.

MikeInNorman
2/6/2007, 10:24 AM
While you're playing "pretty good ball" with, really, not a lot of depth, you're still 5-5 over your last 10 games. Meanwhile, OSU hasn't lost 5 games the entire year with, really, less depth. I know you guys say you aren't taking any "moral victories," but if you think playing tough @OSU and @aTm is something that shows improvement, then you're taking a moral victory.

OU/Capel, while they appear to be better than I thought they would, still haven't done anything to date that I would consider unexpected... Sure, their losses have been closer than one might expect, but I don't think that necessarily means that they can compete for an NCAA tournament slot or an upper-half finish in the conference race.

Ahhh, go polish your rasslin' trophies.

william_brasky
2/6/2007, 10:27 AM

I'll take an Aggie's word for identifying moral victories.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/6/2007, 10:51 AM
but I don't think that necessarily means that they can compete for an NCAA tournament slot or an upper-half finish in the conference race.

Let me get this right. If OU wins tommorrow night they WILL BE in the upper half of the conference ahead of OSU in the standings but you think they won't even be able to compete tommorrow night. That Colo game has you that confident.

You'll forgive us if we think we can "compete" at this point.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/6/2007, 10:51 AM

This season, up until this point we've been all about the moral victories. But, unlike your football program that won't be a year in and year out occurence.

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 11:28 AM
Let me get this right. If OU wins tommorrow night they WILL BE in the upper half of the conference ahead of OSU in the standings but you think they won't even be able to compete tommorrow night. That Colo game has you that confident.

You'll forgive us if we think we can "compete" at this point.

I didn't say anything about OU not being able to compete against OSU. I think OSU will lose by 15 points... at least. I don't think that has anything to do with how great OU is, but just how bad OSU is on the road right now. Until OSU proves they can win on the road, I'm not going to think they have a shot at winning a true road game, even against Baylor.

All I'm saying is that OU has done nothing to show me that they're ready to compete for a spot in the tourney or finish in the upper half of the conference. If they do beat OSU handily tomorrow night (as I expect), then I'll think more of them. However, I have to see it before I claim that OU is ready to compete at that level. I'm not going to concede the game simply because I think OU will dominate it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/6/2007, 12:18 PM
I didn't say anything about OU not being able to compete against OSU. I think OSU will lose by 15 points... at least. I don't think that has anything to do with how great OU is, but just how bad OSU is on the road right now. Until OSU proves they can win on the road, I'm not going to think they have a shot at winning a true road game, even against Baylor.

All I'm saying is that OU has done nothing to show me that they're ready to compete for a spot in the tourney or finish in the upper half of the conference. If they do beat OSU handily tomorrow night (as I expect), then I'll think more of them. However, I have to see it before I claim that OU is ready to compete at that level. I'm not going to concede the game simply because I think OU will dominate it.

You suk at teh logik.

1. You think OU is likely to beat OSU by 15 points

2. You think OU can't even compete to finish in the upper half of the conference.

I'm interested in hearing which remaining games you don't think OU will be competitive in. This should be good.

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 01:00 PM
Comprehension, it appears, is difficult for you.

As far as the remaining games that I don't think OU "will be competitive in," I don't know. The remaining games that I think OU will lose, however, are the road games against KSU and Mizzou and will struggle against Baylor and Iowa State, possibly to probably losing those as well. I think OU will lose @ home to KU, Texas, and either aTm or OSU.

I know this won't make sense to you, so I'll attempt to explain it fer ya.

Just as OSU has been bad on the road in conference (0-3), OU is worse (0-4). I realize you didn't lose to Colorado on the road, and you've had such pretty losses, but you're still 0-4. I don't see that changing too much the rest of the way. If it does, then I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong.

As far as the home losses are concerned, I think KU and Texas will both run you out of the gym. aTm is a better matchup for you guys, I feel, because they are more than happy to play a half-court game, which is the strength of this OU team. Regarding the OSU game, while my brain tells me that OU will win by 15, my gut says otherwise. I'm still picking OU by double-digits, but it won't surprise me if OSU plays well tomorrow night and wins by 10. Based on averages, I think you'll split the OSU and aTm home games.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/6/2007, 02:09 PM

As far as the remaining games that I don't think OU "will be competitive in," I don't know. The remaining games that I think OU will lose, however, are the road games against KSU and Mizzou and will struggle against Baylor and Iowa State, possibly to probably losing those as well. I think OU will lose @ home to KU, Texas, and either aTm or OSU.

Just as OSU has been bad on the road in conference (0-3), OU is worse (0-4). I realize you didn't lose to Colorado on the road, and you've had such pretty losses, but you're still 0-4. I don't see that changing too much the rest of the way. If it does, then I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong.

As far as the home losses are concerned, I think KU and Texas will both run you out of the gym. aTm is a better matchup for you guys, I feel, because they are more than happy to play a half-court game, which is the strength of this OU team. Regarding the OSU game, while my brain tells me that OU will win by 15, my gut says otherwise. I'm still picking OU by double-digits, but it won't surprise me if OSU plays well tomorrow night and wins by 10. Based on averages, I think you'll split the OSU and aTm home games.

Oh, I think I got you just fine when you didn't say "I predict OU won't make the NCAA tourney or finish in the the top half of the Big 12" You said OU could not even compete for a spot in the top division. I probably shouldn't expect an Aggie to know the difference between compete and win.

Again your reasoning is more nuts than can be foound on Elton John's chin.

cheezyq
2/6/2007, 03:46 PM

I think we all comprehend what you're saying just fine. But what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Here are the Big 12 standings, to date:

Texas A&M 8-1 20-3
Kansas 6-2 19-4
Kansas State 6-2 17-6
Texas 6-3 16-7
Oklahoma State 4-3 18-4
Texas Tech 4-4 15-8
Oklahoma 4-4 13-8
Iowa State 3-5 12-10
Nebraska 2-5 13-8
Missouri 2-6 13-8
Baylor 2-7 12-10
Colorado 2-7 6-13

OU competed closely with aTm on the road, oSu on the road, and beat Tx Tech at home. They're a Wednesday win away from entering the top half that you say they can't compete in.

Additionally, OU is steadily improving with each game, regardless of their limitations. To say that they can't compete w/ the top 1/2 of the conference is ludicrous. I'd like to see them continue to make progress and perhaps beat one of those top tier programs on the road before believing that they have a chance at the big tourney. But to say that they haven't competed/can't compete is pretty ridiculous.

OUstud
2/6/2007, 03:54 PM
And excuse me if I'm wrong, but is it bad to be optimistic about OU on an OU board? TIA

MikeInNorman
2/6/2007, 03:58 PM

Rock Hard? This is why you NEVER get into an argument with Aggy. Before you know it, Aggy will bust out the Aggy Logic and the fancy cipherin' and gazinta's to get you confused, and suddenly, without warning, he will put his Aggy JuJitsu all over you by being both for and against something (see bold, above) at the same time! It's truly mind boggling!

The best thing to do is to bow to Aggy's superior basketball knowledge. After all, Aggy is the King of Basketball, and far more knowledgable than any poor Sooner, as evidenced by Aggy's commanding lead in its series with OU. I think OU should just give up basketball in the face of such blinding superiority.

As a poor, basketball-ignorant Sooner, I guess I'll just have to go with my uneducated opinion that Aggy's coach is a sweaty, rat-faced retard who will cheat Aggy into the cellar of the Big 12 before you can say "Boone Pickens". But then again, what do I know?

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 04:01 PM
Losing closely (even on the road) doesn't help you jump up in the standings. Apparently that's difficult to understand. You've won 1 meaningful game this year. If/When you win your 2nd meaningful game this year, I'll give you more credit.

So far, against the other 4 decent teams in the B12S, you're 1-4. I do realize that the 4 losses have come away from home. If you beat those 4 in Norman, I'll think OU's chances are better for finishing in the top half of the conference. As of now, you have done nothing to warrant that sort of thought; that's all I'm saying.

william_brasky
2/6/2007, 04:03 PM
The Aggy is strong with this one.

Jeopardude
2/6/2007, 04:12 PM
Rock Hard? This is why you NEVER get into an argument with Aggy. Before you know it, Aggy will bust out the Aggy Logic and the fancy cipherin' and gazinta's to get you confused, and suddenly, without warning, he will put his Aggy JuJitsu all over you by being both for and against something (see bold, above) at the same time! It's truly mind boggling!

The best thing to do is to bow to Aggy's superior basketball knowledge. After all, Aggy is the King of Basketball, and far more knowledgable than any poor Sooner, as evidenced by Aggy's commanding lead in its series with OU. I think OU should just give up basketball in the face of such blinding superiority.

As a poor, basketball-ignorant Sooner, I guess I'll just have to go with my uneducated opinion that Aggy's coach is a sweaty, rat-faced retard who will cheat Aggy into the cellar of the Big 12 before you can say "Boone Pickens". But then again, what do I know?

Now that was genius funny.

skycat
2/6/2007, 10:05 PM
Look at that. Suddenly you guys are in the upper division.

Tech is in freefall.

What a weird season.

Ash
2/6/2007, 10:45 PM
So we are in agreement then on OSU?

I would submit that OU hasn't played horrible basketball the past 3 weeks. Against Baylor and Nebraksa we played far better than OK. I'm not a moral victory guy but if you don't see the difference between OU taking OSU & A&M to the last couple minutes and getting thumped by Colo or embaressed by KU then I don't think logic is your strong point.

Does a bear **** in the woods? You're arguing with a faggy.

Right now, a win over aTm is more impressive than over KU considering what has recently transpired and the current conference standings. A win over any of the upcoming tough teams would be more than welcome. But, right now, the target is on faggy's back, take care of their sheep humpin' asses and then worry about the next one.

A run in the conference tourney wouldn't hurt, either.

OU in anything but the NIT is a huge longshot to say the least. But considering Texas Tech just got beat by Nebraska tonight, and the way other games have gone, it's not entirely impossible.

Okie lite should go back and look at the game in Stoolwater...OU was more than "just competitive" in that game...This one is on OUr homecourt...

Readyfor8
2/7/2007, 01:51 AM
Does the OSU resident know that OU is currently in the top half of the conference. TTech lost tonight giving them a 4-5 record in conference putting Oklahoma at 6th place in conference.

So I would like to ask who he thinks from the bottom half of the conference is going to finish ahead of us? Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Texas Tech, Baylor, or Iowa State?

Jeopardude
2/7/2007, 10:58 AM
Let's see what Crankpants McAggie predicted less than two months ago.

1 - KU - Most complete team in the conference
2 - OSU - Boggan = POY
3 - aTm - Solid D, Law needs to be better on O
4 - Mizzou - 10 games against North teams
5 - Texas - Young = inconsistent

Nobody else qualifies for NCAA

6 - Tech
7 - Nebbish
8 - Baylor
9 - K-State
10 - Nebbish
11 - Oklahoma
12 - Colorado

:D

OSUAggie
2/7/2007, 11:03 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1740517&postcount=191

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/7/2007, 12:01 PM
Does the OSU resident know that OU is currently in the top half of the conference. TTech lost tonight giving them a 4-5 record in conference putting Oklahoma at 6th place in conference.

So I would like to ask who he thinks from the bottom half of the conference is going to finish ahead of us? Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Texas Tech, Baylor, or Iowa State?

That's not possible not only can we not finish in the top half of the conference, we won't even be able to compete for it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tommieharris91
2/7/2007, 03:11 PM
His picks in ink for our team are spot on so far. That may change tonight, and if not tonight, definitely at Baylor on Saturday

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/7/2007, 03:28 PM
His picks in ink for our team are spot on so far. That may change tonight, and if not tonight, definitely at Baylor on Saturday

Except for that was his second set of picks, albeit before conference play got underway and he didn't say be predicted we wouldn't finish in the top half of the division. He said we wouldn't even compete for it...which at the moment is obviously quite wrong.

Plus his picks for the first 8 games are the same as mine and probably a good number of other OU fans and his next 2 picks are wrong and 50/50 really isn't much of a pick for ISU.

OSUAggie
2/7/2007, 03:34 PM
Where is my 1st set of picks?

SleestakSooner
2/7/2007, 03:41 PM
If you guys would quit quoting :stunned: I could blissfully go on not reading his idiocy. TIA

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/7/2007, 04:21 PM
Where is my 1st set of picks?

Look at jeopardudes post about 4 posts up

Let's see what Crankpants McAggie predicted less than two months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUC Aggot from 12/13/2006
1 - KU - Most complete team in the conference
2 - OSU - Boggan = POY
3 - aTm - Solid D, Law needs to be better on O
4 - Mizzou - 10 games against North teams
5 - Texas - Young = inconsistent

Nobody else qualifies for NCAA

6 - Tech
7 - Nebbish
8 - Baylor
9 - K-State
10 - Nebbish
11 - Oklahoma
12 - Colorado

Boffingham
2/7/2007, 07:48 PM
If we beat OSU tonight, half of you would disregard previous posts and start inhaling some of that forementioned *** smoke.

C&CDean
2/7/2007, 08:03 PM
Tip it off fercryin'outloud. I'm getting tired of listening to the Stoolwater village idjut.

SleestakSooner
2/7/2007, 08:10 PM
Coach's show is on Cox channel 4 right now

birddog
2/7/2007, 08:38 PM
sleestak, check yo pm. git movin' boy!

SleestakSooner
2/7/2007, 08:42 PM
In! :)

Boffingham
2/7/2007, 11:43 PM
i didn't get it on tv here...did we even look good tonight?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/8/2007, 09:18 AM
Texas A&M 8-1
Kansas 7-2
Kansas State 6-3
Texas 6-3
Oklahoma 5-4
Oklahoma State 4-4
Texas Tech 4-5
Nebraska 3-5
Missouri 3-6
Iowa State 3-6
Baylor 2-7
Colorado 2-7

Since we are now in 5th I wonder if that means we "can compete" for that upper division finish.

KStatePike
2/8/2007, 10:16 AM
hope you guys play them better than we did

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/8/2007, 11:23 AM
hope you guys play them better than we did

You guys were in a tough spot. You are plenty good enough to have their attention and you beat them last year in AFH. At the same time while you've played great lately you don't have the horses they do. KU is a really good team when they have their act together. You probably will match up with them much better this time next year. You stand a decent chance of beating them at home.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/12/2007, 11:41 AM
Since we are now 1 game out of 3rd place and 2 games up on 6th do you think it is possible that we might possibly "compete" for a spot in the upper division? :rolleyes:

OSUAggie
2/12/2007, 12:33 PM
Not at all. Do you? ;)

I don't have any problem admitting that I was wrong about the progress this OU team has made. However, these last 6 games are not easy and a winning record is a must for any shot at the tourney.

RedStripe
2/12/2007, 12:42 PM
Aggie how many of the last seven games do you guys win?

Mon., Feb. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas* ESPN EC8:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 17 Missouri at Oklahoma State* ESPN Plus GIA12:30 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 21 Texas A&M at Oklahoma State* ESPN2 GIA8:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 24 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech* CBS USA11:00 a.m.
Tue., Feb. 27 Kansas State at Oklahoma State* ESPN Plus GIA8:00 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 3 Oklahoma State at Baylor* ESPN Plus FC12:30 p.m.
Mon., Mar. 5 Oklahoma State at Nebraska BD7:00 p.m.

(http://www.huskers.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=)

SleestakSooner
2/12/2007, 01:01 PM
The way they play on the road I see at least five losses and and three triple overtime victories in their near future.

OSUAggie
2/12/2007, 01:04 PM
Aggie how many of the last seven games do you guys win?

Mon., Feb. 12 Oklahoma State at Texas* ESPN EC8:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 17 Missouri at Oklahoma State* ESPN Plus GIA12:30 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 21 Texas A&M at Oklahoma State* ESPN2 GIA8:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 24 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech* CBS USA11:00 a.m.
Tue., Feb. 27 Kansas State at Oklahoma State* ESPN Plus GIA8:00 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 3 Oklahoma State at Baylor* ESPN Plus FC12:30 p.m.
Mon., Mar. 5 Oklahoma State at Nebraska BD7:00 p.m.

(http://www.huskers.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=)

I'll let you know tomorrow.

RedStripe
2/12/2007, 01:07 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow.

Are you waiting to see how much you lose by tonight?

OSUAggie
2/12/2007, 01:22 PM
Are you waiting to see how much you lose by tonight?

Yep. Keep it close = we win @ Baylor and @ Nebraska.

Lose by 50 = we go, at best, 8-8.

RedStripe
2/13/2007, 02:24 PM
Yep. Keep it close = we win @ Baylor and @ Nebraska.

Lose by 50 = we go, at best, 8-8.

9-7?

OSUAggie
2/14/2007, 09:46 AM
9-7?

I don't know... there are really only 2 games out of the remaining 6 that should be difficult, but that doesn't really apply to this team... Realistically, they'll probably go 3-3 the rest of the way to finish 8-8, but all of the remaining games are certainly winnable.... save for maybe Tech... I wouldn't be surprised with a 10-6 finish, but I'll predict 8-8.