PDA

View Full Version : Important sports fan poll

Okla-homey
2/5/2007, 07:34 AM
Mrs Homey predicts there will never again be an outdoor Super Bowl game after all those folks who paid massive dinero for a ticket were soaked by the unrelenting downpour in Miami last night

Mongo
2/5/2007, 07:38 AM
There is a poll on espn.com about this very subject. 74% of 'Mericans dont want a dome SB. All the states were voting no, except which state: Louisiana.

yermom
2/5/2007, 07:41 AM
bring on the rain :D

but judging by the elements that i have sat through to see an OU game, my viewpoint might be a little different than the casual fan that has the jack to see a $3500 football game

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 08:50 AM
The weather is a part of football. HOWEVER, the Big 12 championship should NOT be played in Kansas City in Decemeber at night. It should be some place temperate or played during the day. Miami's weather is okay, even if it's rainy.

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 09:05 AM
Edmonton's Stadium is big enough to hold a SuperBowl. I think they should go there next year.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:28 AM
The weather is a part of football. HOWEVER, the Big 12 championship should NOT be played in Kansas City in Decemeber at night. It should be some place temperate or played during the day. Miami's weather is okay, even if it's rainy.

it wouldn't bother me if it was rotating between there and Dallas or Houston though

if it was going to stay somewhere it would need to be somewhere like OKC that is in the middle of the conference ;)

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 09:30 AM
it wouldn't bother me if it was rotating between there and Dallas or Houston though

if it was going to stay somewhere it would need to be somewhere like OKC that is in the middle of the conference ;)
I think the should make it like the Super Bowl and move it around more, Maybe San Diego one year, Seattle the next, Phoenix, Miami, etc.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:32 AM
that's easy for you to say. how many times have you guys been there in the last few years? ;)

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 09:34 AM
that's easy for you to say. how many times have you guys been there in the last few years? ;)
Just cut back from Subaru to Kia and you'll be fine.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:35 AM
NEVAR!

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:37 AM
damn, Texass fans have only had to travel to Texas as far as i can tell

they played Nebraska twice, right? i'm pretty sure once was San Antonio, not sure of the other one, then CU in Dallas and Houston

EDIT: ok, the one in '96 was in STL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Championship_Game

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 09:39 AM
damn, Texass fans have only had to travel to Texas as far as i can tell

they played Nebraska twice, right? i'm pretty sure once was San Antonio, not sure of the other one, then CU in Dallas and Houston
First one was in St. Louis. Stupid ******* James Brown.

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 09:52 AM
The Super Bowl should be played indoors. If my family had tickets to the Super Bowl, I would like them to stay dry. Also, it makes the game more fair because if one of the teams is from a rainy or cold state and its rainy or cold that day, it would put the other team at a disadvantage. The weather is nice everywhere some of the time, therefore having the game played indoors would make it more of an even playing field. :)

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 10:09 AM
The Super Bowl should be played indoors. If my family had tickets to the Super Bowl, I would like them to stay dry. Also, it makes the game more fair because if one of the teams is from a rainy or cold state and its rainy or cold that day, it would put the other team at a disadvantage. The weather is nice everywhere some of the time, therefore having the game played indoors would make it more of an even playing field. :)
But you are discounting how much fun it is to play football in the rain. Elemental advantages or disadvantages are part of the game. Trying to make everything fair is for Pop Warner football, not highly skilled professionals. As for the fans, if your worried about a little rain, don't buy tickets then.

bri
2/5/2007, 10:55 AM
Discussions like this are why I don't even consider the Super Bowl a real football game. It's too controlled, too sterile. Last night, everyone was freaking out like the world was ending because it dared to rain on the Super Bowl.

Plus, it was the dome team pussies that won in the mean old rain, so what's the problem?

TUSooner
2/5/2007, 11:09 AM
Many "experts" who have been to a more than a few SBs (I can only think of John Madden right now) would say New Orleans is the perfect place for s SB because the stadium, hotels, bars, and restaurants are all pretty close together, and the place caters to tourists anyway. Plus you have the dome deal going, and the winter weather is usually mild. Plus, it's cool having the SB in your town, so I'd be happy if every SB was in NOLA.
But having said all that:

Football is a outdoor sport; so that's how I voted.

StoopTroup
2/5/2007, 01:26 PM
I want to know what Prince thinks.

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 01:31 PM
But you are discounting how much fun it is to play football in the rain. Elemental advantages or disadvantages are part of the game. Trying to make everything fair is for Pop Warner football, not highly skilled professionals. As for the fans, if your worried about a little rain, don't buy tickets then.
Well thats a mean thing to say. What part of I would rather watch a game in a dome makes you accuse me of being worried about a little rain? As a matter of fact I have watched many a game in more than just a "little" rain. I have stood in the pouring rain cheering my team on, when I had the option of walking up a couple of steps into the Kerr McGee Club. If I was at the Super Bowl, however I would rather be in a nice comfortable dome, which does not make me any less deserving of any ticket I don't need your blessing to buy. Pop that up your Warner!

StoopTroup
2/5/2007, 01:36 PM
:eek:

:hot:

:pop:

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 01:36 PM
Pop that up your Warner!
:D

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 01:43 PM
Well thats a mean thing to say. What part of I would rather watch a game in a dome makes you accuse me of being worried about a little rain? As a matter of fact I have watched many a game in more than just a "little" rain. I have stood in the pouring rain cheering my team on, when I had the option of walking up a couple of steps into the Kerr McGee Club. If I was at the Super Bowl, however I would rather be in a nice comfortable dome, which does not make me any less deserving of any ticket I don't need your blessing to buy. Pop that up your Warner!
If you want to sissyfy football, that's fine by me. But don't expect me to join your parade. Indoor is fine for tea parties but not for sports.

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 02:03 PM
If you want to sissyfy football, that's fine by me. But don't expect me to join your parade. Indoor is fine for tea parties but not for sports.
How dare you accuse me of having a "parade" after I said that I like dome football and outdoor football as well. What I have is an opinion, and unlike you, I respect the right of others to have differing opinions without verbally attacking them. This poll is about whether or not one would rather watch the Super Bowl in a dome, not every single game. You are very close minded. Playing or watching football in a dome certainly doesn't make one a sissy.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at your behavior. I would not have thought you to be such a cad.

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 02:06 PM
How dare you accuse me of having a "parade" after I said that I like dome football and outdoor football as well. What I have is an opinion, and unlike you, I respect the right of others to have differing opinions without verbally attacking them. This poll is about whether or not one would rather watch the Super Bowl in a dome, not every single game. You are very close minded. Playing or watching football in a dome certainly doesn't make one a sissy.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at your behavior. I would not have thought you to be such a cad.
Football should never be played in dome. In my opinion. Also, I'm not the one getting all huffy. It's not like I posted any differently in this thread than I have in any other thread I have posted on today. Perhaps, you could note the threads where I make fun of the Irish, the Scottish, and Non-Lutherans. I pretty much always post my opinions this way. Most people don't get worked up about them.

OUDoc
2/5/2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.neurodiversity.com/graphic/screams_1965_meanman.jpg

bri
2/5/2007, 02:10 PM
You, sir, are a brigand.

Or something.

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 02:16 PM
Football should never be played in dome. In my opinion. Also, I'm not the one getting all huffy. It's not like I posted any differently in this thread than I have in any other thread I have posted on today. Perhaps, you could note the threads where I make fun of the Irish, the Scottish, and Non-Lutherans. I pretty much always post my opinions this way. Most people don't get worked up about them.I happen to be very unworked up actually. When you dish it out, whether it be to the Irish, the Scottish, the Non-Lutherans or Super Bowl in a dome lovers, you should be able to take it without accusing someone on the other end of a key board as being all worked up.

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 02:18 PM
I happen to be very unworked up actually. When you dish it out, whether it be to the Irish, the Scottish, the Non-Lutherans or Super Bowl in a dome lovers, you should be able to take it without accusing someone on the other end of a key board as being all worked up.
If you aren't worked up why did you drop the c-bomb, huh?

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 02:19 PM
Between your lust for ultra-rare beef and outdoor football playin' you're displaying quite the innerweb machismo today aren't you?

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 02:21 PM
Because you dropped the s-bomb. :D

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 02:21 PM
Between your lust for ultra-rare beef and outdoor football playin' you're displaying quite the innerweb machismo today aren't you?
Well, somebody has to fill in for Dean, and the Mormon isn't very talk-ative today, so I need something to entertain me.

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:24 PM

She called you a ****? :confused:

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:25 PM

He must be wearing his new leather belt.

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 04:17 PM
He must be wearing his new leather belt.
It won't be here till Wednesday.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/5/2007, 04:59 PM
This is an obvious one. If they had the game in Detroit and Indy every year, how would TBDSSP have shows all week with chicks running around in bikinis? We need warm weather and chicks in bikinis!

skycat
2/5/2007, 05:23 PM
I hate, hate, hate going to football games under domes. KC in December at night >> playing in an oversized CostCo. Which is what it feels like in the Alamodome and whatever they're calling the dome in St. Louis these days.

I don't like Reliant all that much either, and their groundscrew is horrendous. The turf is in horrible shape come December. They need to go FieldTurf.

In summary, domes suck.

bri
2/5/2007, 05:46 PM
This is an obvious one. If they had the game in Detroit and Indy every year, how would TBDSSP have shows all week with chicks running around in bikinis? We need warm weather and chicks in bikinis!

That show is still on the air?

Huh.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 05:50 PM

Just saying, but I'd rather stab my eyes out than watch TBDSSP anyway, so that's not a real big argument there.

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 10:36 PM
But you are discounting how much fun it is to play football in the rain. Elemental advantages or disadvantages are part of the game. Trying to make everything fair is for Pop Warner football, not highly skilled professionals.
That's OK, the NFL is already achieving that with their desire for mediocrity.....I mean parity.

As for the fans, if your worried about a little rain, don't buy tickets then.There are very few fans at Superbowls anymore, it is a corporate event. It should be given back to the fans of the teams instead of the corporate world.

OUinFLA
2/5/2007, 11:56 PM
I hate, hate, hate going to football games under domes. KC in December at night >> playing in an oversized CostCo. Which is what it feels like in the Alamodome and whatever they're calling the dome in St. Louis these days.

I don't like Reliant all that much either, and their groundscrew is horrendous. The turf is in horrible shape come December. They need to go FieldTurf.

In summary, domes suck.

well, that sure brought back some high school memories.

soonerjoker
2/6/2007, 12:04 PM
they should have more in pasadena. it's big, & it doesn't rain much in LA.
all the crowds over 100k have been in rose bowl, but i don't think it
will hold that many in it's present configuration.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/6/2007, 12:08 PM
Just saying, but I'd rather stab my eyes out than watch TBDSSP anyway, so that's not a real big argument there.

I'm talking bikinis here, not that crappy *** show!