PDA

View Full Version : Manning will NEVER win the big one

StormySooner-IN
2/4/2007, 10:29 PM
come forward, haters of the good and right.:D

WOO HOO!!! THEY DID IT!:D

SoonerInKCMO
2/4/2007, 10:31 PM
He didn't win it so much as Grossman lost it.

And he still looks like an extra from Deliverance.

yermom
2/4/2007, 10:57 PM
i was thinking the same thing, all he had to do was be adequate tonight

Grossman is awful

jacru
2/4/2007, 11:02 PM
MVP baby!

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2007, 11:04 PM
MVP should have went to Addia and Rhodes IMO

sooner518
2/4/2007, 11:07 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/rexshirt.jpg

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:08 PM
come forward, haters of the good and right.:D

WOO HOO!!! THEY DID IT!:D

manning is a crying bish.......period. if harris was playing, they would have been lucky to complete more than 10 passes. chicago gave up waaaay too many turnovers and couldn't seem to complete a first down. defense on the feild too long = *** whipping.

jacru
2/4/2007, 11:10 PM
Once you say "if", anything is possible.

sanantoniosooner
2/4/2007, 11:11 PM
It's hilarious how bitter the haters get.

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:23 PM
Once you say "if", anything is possible.

well, I say "if" because you saw him play here on this campus for three years....he COMANNDED a double team every play and believe it or not, he actually has played better at chicago. if you put him in THAT particular game and make them double team him first: indy would not have been able to get to the linebackers like they did and second: a couple of those blitzes they threw at mammoring would have actually reached him.......

harris had 5 sacks this season as a dtackle. no doubt in my mind those slow fat white dudes would have given up the booty to harris.

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:25 PM
It's hilarious how bitter the haters get.

did ya see the lil bish whining every time a dback got a little too close to his receiver? every other play he was complaining to the ref was he not? hater or not.....he's like the fat kid you played sand lot against they claimed you cheated every time you scored on him.

sanantoniosooner
2/4/2007, 11:26 PM
did ya see the lil bish whining every time a dback got a little too close to his receiver? every other play he was complaining to the ref was he not? hater or not.....he's like the fat kid you played sand lot against they claimed you cheated every time you scored on him.
bitter indeed.

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:28 PM
bitter indeed.

maybe.....answer me though....was it me or was he crying every other play?

TUSooner
2/4/2007, 11:32 PM
maybe.....answer me though....was it me or was he crying every other play?
I didn't see it. But I did see him smiling a lot after the game.
It's Unbeliveable how you can whine and crap on the best QB in the NFL.
It's your right not to like the guy, but don't be makin up stuff.

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:37 PM
I didn't see it. But I did see him smiling a lot after the game.
It's Unbeliveable how you can whine and crap on the best QB in the NFL.
It's your right not to like the guy, but don't be makin up stuff.

rofl......makin stuff up? you're out of your phuggin mind if you didn't see him want the flag on urlacher stuffing the tight end over the middle when clark dropped it. or how bout when he called a timeout and then ran over to the sidelines and had a look on his face like he had just had the worst call ever..... how bout the harrison grab on the sidelines that they orginally called a no-catch??? anything? do you remember any of that? it happened like....what an hour ago?

he's a good qb........best in the nfl? eh....

sooneron
2/4/2007, 11:43 PM
I really don't like payton, but he is the best right now. Actually, he's been the best for a couple of years now. He made the passes when it mattered.

TUSooner
2/4/2007, 11:46 PM
rofl......makin stuff up? you're out of your phuggin mind if you didn't see him want the flag on urlacher stuffing the tight end over the middle when clark dropped it. or how bout when he called a timeout and then ran over to the sidelines and had a look on his face like he had just had the worst call ever..... how bout the harrison grab on the sidelines that they orginally called a no-catch??? anything? do you remember any of that? it happened like....what an hour ago?

So what's wrong with that? You think he's the only QB that shows some emotion? Maybe that emotional involvement is one of the things that makes him a great competitor. It beats the Grossman's "stoned Bambi in the headlights" look any day. You can argue about who's the "best" but over his career he's up there with anybody you can name.

sooneron
2/4/2007, 11:51 PM
Jello, you're off on this one. Show me a qb that has had better #'s over the last 4 years.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9176/picture2bu2.jpg

NorthernIowaSooner
2/4/2007, 11:52 PM

i dont think any other QB in the NFL gets more respect then him except possibly tom brady. hes in the ballpark but i think by far peyton is the best natural QB with incredible respect around the NFL

pretty bitter indeed, tough to talk crap about possibly one of the best QB's ever (time will tell) and someone who just won the superbowl

Jello Biafra
2/4/2007, 11:54 PM
So what's wrong with that? You think he's the only QB that shows some emotion? Maybe that emotional involvement is one of the things that makes him a great competitor. It beats the Grossman's "stoned Bambi in the headlights" look any day. You can argue about who's the "best" but over his career he's up there with anybody you can name.

eh.....whatever. i still have absolutely no love for the mannings before or after the superbowl i'm still piissed off that the offense gave up two turnovers before grossman even had the chance.

hey! you f'ing texas homeowners....whats up with that smokin, tokin, flat screen totin, dread lock wearin first round draft pick of yours giving up the ball when he gets hit by a freakin dback? i thought he was suppose to be such a tough runner? god i hated him before....now i think im going to go to the summer camp and boo his asss every time he touches a football. and ill do in my high school buddies front yard so i don't get booted out.....

SoonerTerry
2/4/2007, 11:54 PM
IF I was 6'5 and 250 lbs and had a rocket arm I would be an NFL quaterback..;) .... Dammit sooo close:rolleyes:

LittleWingSooner
2/4/2007, 11:55 PM
He didn't win it so much as Grossman lost it.

John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkington, all had as bad or worse Super Bowls then Grossman had. I'm sure I can add more hall of famers with bad super bowls. Also in recent years Kerry Collins and Rothlisberger both had worse games. Point is that Grossman had an average game just like his team did. Colts were the better team.

SoonerTerry
2/4/2007, 11:57 PM
Jello.. repeat after me...

goooooooos fraaaa baaaaaaa...

sooneron
2/4/2007, 11:58 PM
John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkington, all had as bad or worse Super Bowls then Grossman had. I'm sure I can add more hall of famers with bad super bowls. Also in recent years Kerry Collins and Rothlisberger both had worse games.
I think you're in the wrong thread.

kelloggOUballa
2/5/2007, 12:01 AM
Tom Brady is STILL better than Manning. 3 to 1 baby!

LittleWingSooner
2/5/2007, 12:02 AM
I think you're in the wrong thread.

I meant to quote another poster saying Grossman lost it. Grossman didn't play all that bad. No one stepped up for the Bears.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 12:02 AM

true...and before its all over with......i think palmer finishes with more than manning. i think the colts have moved into second place bhind dallas as my most hated franchise...

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 12:07 AM
I meant to quote another poster saying Grossman lost it. Grossman didn't play all that bad. No one stepped up for the Bears.

you mean noone on the offense.....the defense was on the field 38+ minutes. its amazing that they didn't give up more than 22.

TUSooner
2/5/2007, 12:08 AM
eh.....whatever. i still have absolutely no love for the mannings before or after the superbowl i'm still piissed off that the offense gave up two turnovers before grossman even had the chance.

hey! you f'ing texas homeowners....whats up with that smokin, tokin, flat screen totin, dread lock wearin first round draft pick of yours giving up the ball when he gets hit by a freakin dback? i thought he was suppose to be such a tough runner? god i hated him before....now i think im going to go to the summer camp and boo his asss every time he touches a football. and ill do in my high school buddies front yard so i don't get booted out.....

I'm just yankin yer chain. ;)

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 12:09 AM
I'm just yankin yer chain. ;)

i know. i m just gearing up for it .........GAWDDDDDD its going to be a looong day tomorrow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/5/2007, 12:10 AM

hey! you f'ing texas homeowners....whats up with that smokin, tokin, flat screen totin, dread lock wearin first round draft pick of yours giving up the ball when he gets hit by a freakin dback? i thought he was suppose to be such a tough runner? god i hated him before....now i think im going to go to the summer camp and boo his asss every time he touches a football. and ill do in my high school buddies front yard so i don't get booted out.....What he said!

bixby28
2/5/2007, 01:43 AM

Peyton has much better statistics than Tom Brady and weaker defenses supporting him over the years. Brady is a very good QB, but not because he has played on a team who won 3 Super Bowls.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 01:44 AM
Manning had a good, solid game. He didn't have an outstanding game. I wouldn't put Manning's performance today in the same area code as Montana's 22/29 for 300 yards and 5 TDs against the Broncos.

VolinArizona
2/5/2007, 07:26 AM
manning is a crying bish.......period. if harris was playing, they would have been lucky to complete more than 10 passes. chicago gave up waaaay too many turnovers and couldn't seem to complete a first down. defense on the feild too long = *** whipping.

ROFL. 1 player makes up for a 400 yard whacking?

VolinArizona
2/5/2007, 07:29 AM

Seriously, there is no doubt he's the best QB in the NFL right now, and by the time he's done, he'll be the best EVER.

VolinArizona
2/5/2007, 07:31 AM
true...and before its all over with......i think palmer finishes with more than manning. i think the colts have moved into second place bhind dallas as my most hated franchise...

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA. A player who has NOT played more than 1 quarter of a playoff game will end with more than Manning? You're a ****ing idiot.

yermom
2/5/2007, 07:58 AM
John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkington, all had as bad or worse Super Bowls then Grossman had. I'm sure I can add more hall of famers with bad super bowls. Also in recent years Kerry Collins and Rothlisberger both had worse games. Point is that Grossman had an average game just like his team did. Colts were the better team.

he choked in his trademark way when all he needed to do was move the chains (i'm bitter, i've been pulling for the Sooners North all season)

Manning didn't have to do much to win this game, it's not like he had to drive the field and score in 2:00 or something, he just had to stop playing like crap like he did on the first couple of possessions, due to his defense and Chicago's ineptness

i'm not really a Peyton hater, but as far as him having the best numbers in the last 4 years, i'd say Brady has the better numbers that matter

GrapevineSooner
2/5/2007, 08:58 AM
I have to admit, I don't really see why the guy is hated.

And sure, Rex Grossman probably lost the Super Bowl more than Peyton won it last night. But the Colts, IIRC, scored points in all 16 post-season quarters of play this year, so Peyton must have had something to do with that.

Not to mention, they also overcame an 18-point deficit to the Pats which included a Peyton Manning game-clinching, two-minute drive.

Point is, he earned this championship.

LittleWingSooner
2/5/2007, 09:11 AM
Payton didn't have to do a lot to win it. But Grossman didn't have a chance with the way his team played. Their defense didn't really get pressure on Manning, their line didn't protect that great, their wide receivers really didn't play that great either, and they had no run game for the most part.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:26 AM
I have to admit, I don't really see why the guy is hated.

And sure, Rex Grossman probably lost the Super Bowl more than Peyton won it last night. But the Colts, IIRC, scored points in all 16 post-season quarters of play this year, so Peyton must have had something to do with that.

Not to mention, they also overcame an 18-point deficit to the Pats which included a Peyton Manning game-clinching, two-minute drive.

Point is, he earned this championship.

the Colts were a better team. i think this championship had more to do with the post season rally the defense had than him

with the exception of the Pats game

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 09:36 AM
I hate Manning. I hear he farted in an elevator once.
:mad:

RedstickSooner
2/5/2007, 10:25 AM
To you Bears fans: Having Ye Olde Helmet Shiiter himself would've been great, but I don't know that even Tommie could've saved the day. I hope you consider the possibility -- strange as it may sound -- that this superbowl is what can happen if your coach is of the Don't Worry, Be Happy school of thought.

To you Colts fans: I know you've been dying to annoint PMS (Peyton Manning, Superstar) as the Greatest Quarterback Ever, but it's a little early. He's now overcome one of the biggest knocks against him, but he's not perfect. And that foot-stomping performance (even if he was trying to argue about stomping his foot) was one of the silliest things I've ever seen an NFL player do during a game.

I understand Bears fans being upset -- after all, in your hearts of hearts, you knew it was coming. Nobody wants their dreams riding on the arm of Rex Grossman.

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 10:31 AM
Peyton isn't even the best Colt QB ever.

He's very good and not finished yet though.

And the people that hate Manning are the same people who can't fathom why there is OU hatred. Amazing how success makes other people irritable.

85sooners
2/5/2007, 12:28 PM
MVP should have went to Addia and Rhodes IMOyeah

tnraider1
2/5/2007, 03:06 PM
I don't think so many people would hate Peyton, if it wasn't for the rest of his no-talent, no-class family.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 05:18 PM
AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA. A player who has NOT played more than 1 quarter of a playoff game will end with more than Manning? You're a ****ing idiot.

im a ***ing idiot? mmmhmmm........how you gonna prove that palmer CAN'T? how old do you think manning is anyway? he's been in the NFL 9 seasons? he's got 5 left MAX...not everyone can be brett farve and i wouldn't doubt the fact that the colts won't even sniff the afc championship next year. hide and watch.

take your 91 posts and go play a nice silent game of hide and go **** yourself!

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 05:23 PM
JB.........I got banned for less offensive stuff.

Why don't you edit?

We get it. You hate Manning and the Colts.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 05:31 PM
JB.........I got banned for less offensive stuff.

Why don't you edit?

We get it. You hate Manning and the Colts.

its not about that anymore......trust me, im over it. vol decided he was going to call me out in public so......... we have boise state people on this board with more posts than she does.......

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 05:35 PM
its not about that anymore......trust me, im over it. vol decided he was going to call me out in public so......... we have boise state people on this board with more posts than she does.......
yeah.......well, report it. You might share his fate if you play the same game. If you get canned.........it's got to be over something better than a Manning rant.;)

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 08:33 PM
yeah.......well, report it. You might share his fate if you play the same game. If you get canned.........it's got to be over something better than a Manning rant.;)

eh. agrred. it's not quite as cute but i think she'll get the point.

SoonerInKCMO
2/5/2007, 08:37 PM

Did you even watch the game? I ask because anyone that actually watched the game and said that Grossman didn't play poorly would have to be... well, aggie-like. Two picks - both on awful throws. Another throw into double coverage that hit the safety in the head and should've been intercepted. Fumbled snaps. Sacks that shouldn't have been taken. He was bad. Bad.

SoonerInKCMO
2/5/2007, 08:39 PM
Seriously, there is no doubt he's the best QB in the NFL right now, and by the time he's done, he'll be the best EVER.

Until he can make it through a post-season without throwing twice as many picks as TDs, he won't be the best ever.

ashley
2/5/2007, 08:40 PM
I have cometo the conclusion that there are some people who aren't going to like him if he had completed 40 of 41 and six TD'snad wins twenty games next year. There are lots of people who need a help in lots of ways.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 09:11 PM
I have cometo the conclusion that there are some people who aren't going to like him if he had completed 40 of 41 and six TD'snad wins twenty games next year. There are lots of people who need a help in lots of ways.

ashley, I can only assume you are talking to me and my manning statements. it's not that i hate him. I get tired of hearing from the press cramming him down my throat at every corner. ok he's good. is he the best ever???? jesus christ..... how many qbs have there been in the history of the game? I personally don't like him and his family for their **** poor attitudes. the old man, no big deal don't have many memories of him really. peyton is a crybaby complaining about anything that is borderline. i confirmed this at work today with a few indianapolis fans.......he cries........ALOT...... call it passion call it standing up for your team...call it what you want but it is not the message i try to pass to the teams i coach. I basically tell them that life is not perfect and you need to get over a perceived bad call or non-call. it's not the end of the world and you're more than likely not going to change their mind anyway.

whatever.

lil junior up there in giant blue refused to play the game with san diego and if i remember correctly, archie had a whole bunch to do with that. now look at him. sitting on a mediocre team with less team chemistry than the colorado buffalo basketball team.....

end of rant.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 09:15 PM
ROFL. 1 player makes up for a 400 yard whacking?

incredible.....do you even KNOW anything about football? or are you just here to talk smack?

VolinArizona
2/5/2007, 09:20 PM
incredible.....do you even KNOW anything about football? or are you just here to talk smack?

You said Tommie Harris would have stopped the Colts. As good as Harris is, nobody on defense makes that kind of impact. I guarandamntee I know more about football than you do.

VolinArizona
2/5/2007, 09:23 PM
im a ***ing idiot? mmmhmmm........how you gonna prove that palmer CAN'T? how old do you think manning is anyway? he's been in the NFL 9 seasons? he's got 5 left MAX...not everyone can be brett farve and i wouldn't doubt the fact that the colts won't even sniff the afc championship next year. hide and watch.

take your 91 posts and go play a nice silent game of hide and go **** yourself!

You're the one saying Carson Palmer with less than 5 minutes of playoff experience is going to win more Super Bowls than Peyton Manning. Is it possible? Yes, but it's so ****ing ridiculous that some ignorant hick praises it as fact.

And Peyton Manning is 30 years old, takes less sacks and hits than any QB ... EVER. Only 5 years left? You know jack**** about football.

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 10:19 PM
I guarandamntee I know more about football than you do.

rofl you have NO clue.....

by the way....i said brown and harris would have made the difference. and they would have. think about it and get back to me on how its possible. if you know more than me, surely you can come up with a way its possible

Jello Biafra
2/5/2007, 10:39 PM
You're the one saying Carson Palmer with less than 5 minutes of playoff experience is going to win more Super Bowls than Peyton Manning. Is it possible? Yes, but it's so ****ing ridiculous that some ignorant hick praises it as fact.

And Peyton Manning is 30 years old, takes less sacks and hits than any QB ... EVER. Only 5 years left? You know jack**** about football.

so tell me guru....how is it NOT possible? the colts are one of the oldest teams alive right now and they will stay around TOGETHER for the next few years to come maybe? he has three lineman that have more than 6 years in the league....including one with 10 years and another with 8(do you know what the average life of an lineman in the nfl is?)he has mucho 1, 2, and 3 year players but they aren't as good as what is currently strating and who knows if they will even match up the scout team d much less protect manning in the pocket.... he's not very nimble so he has to stay in the pocket.......yup once he loses the guys in front of him, hes in for a long remaining career.

he has two wideouts with 6 years one with 11 and one with 17 thats four of his 6 listed wrs that will be looking for greener pastures or flat out be asked to leave in the next year or two....

so

that leaves him jo jo addai........

im thinking peyton has a little time to enjoy the success and then we watch him turn into favre...

tell me o wise one, whatcha got?

bixby28
2/5/2007, 11:20 PM
so tell me guru....how is it NOT possible? the colts are one of the oldest teams alive right now and they will stay around TOGETHER for the next few years to come maybe? he has three lineman that have more than 6 years in the league....including one with 10 years and another with 8(do you know what the average life of an lineman in the nfl is?)he has mucho 1, 2, and 3 year players but they aren't as good as what is currently strating and who knows if they will even match up the scout team d much less protect manning in the pocket.... he's not very nimble so he has to stay in the pocket.......yup once he loses the guys in front of him, hes in for a long remaining career.

he has two wideouts with 6 years one with 11 and one with 17 thats four of his 6 listed wrs that will be looking for greener pastures or flat out be asked to leave in the next year or two....

so

im thinking peyton has a little time to enjoy the success and then we watch him turn into favre...

Jello, i see your point about Manning being in the twilight of his career, but John Elway had his most talented teams after his Broncos lost 3 Super Bowls. I think Manning has a much better hand at this point in his career than Elway did in Denver,... before he won two Super Bowls. But, i agree you do have a good point.

picasso
2/5/2007, 11:25 PM

a Tennessee fan living in Flagstaff, Arizona is calling someone else a hick? that's kind of like the flannel shirt calling the coveralls country isn't it?

VolinArizona
2/6/2007, 09:17 AM
a Tennessee fan living in Flagstaff, Arizona is calling someone else a hick? that's kind of like the flannel shirt calling the coveralls country isn't it?

Not everyone from Tennessee or Oklahoma is a hick. Jello is a hick.

VolinArizona
2/6/2007, 09:27 AM

so

Thank God they have things like free agency and the NFL draft. It's not like these players will retire and nobody will be there to replace them. Remember, Manning made Brandon Stokely a 1000 yard receiver.

Also, Manning's lack of sacks and hits is due to 2 reasons: his offensive line and his quick release. His release won't change.

It's obvious you hate Manning and you can't make fair judgments about his play, his future, or anything related. Because of that, I'll let you think you know more than Joe Schmo at the local dive. You're an idiot, and I'm done wasting my time with you.

picasso
2/6/2007, 10:39 AM
his commercials suck.

hows that?

sanantoniosooner
2/6/2007, 01:09 PM
I like the commercial where Peyton has the pornstache and fake hair.

Jello Biafra
2/6/2007, 05:28 PM

and your mother's a tick......if you get my drift.

Jello Biafra
2/6/2007, 05:40 PM
Thank God they have things like free agency and the NFL draft. It's not like these players will retire and nobody will be there to replace them. Remember, Manning made Brandon Stokely a 1000 yard receiver.

why would they go to free agency? they have replacements for the current players. see this is what im talking about. YOU are the one who doesn't know shiite. do you actually have a clue how hard it is to make it to the nfl championship? any clue? there is such thing as salary cap and team chemistry etc..... you know why it has taken baltimore/indianapolis so long to get back to the super bowl? because planets have to align....ownership has to commit to winning....you have to DRAFT well....you have to have a good coaching staff....your players have to be SELFLESS. in order for a team to go back over and over again like you have been implying, the core of this team will have to stay together for quite a few years to come and i don't see it happening with a bunch of aging veterans. if you feel like peyton will win another championship, fine. but, don't act like i don't know jack about football. i have been playing/watching/coaching football since before you were brushing your teeth. which in your case could have been last week you oversexed, fat, jeffro bodine wannabe, moonshine drinkin, mother humpin red neck.

Also, Manning's lack of sacks and hits is due to 2 reasons: his offensive line and his quick release. His release won't change.

again, dumbass, you ASSUME his release won't change because he will ALWAYS have open receivers on the quick slant or a hook or something. what happens if the receiver gets a good solid bump at the line and noone is actually scared of his receiving corps beating them long?
let me give you a hint.....the exact same thing happened to a certain qb in green bay. need i say more?

It's obvious you hate Manning and you can't make fair judgments about his play, his future, or anything related. Because of that, I'll let you think you know more than Joe Schmo at the local dive. You're an idiot, and I'm done wasting my time with you.

no. you're not done wasting your time. your coon dog lovin azz has come back here to talk more smack than your mother DEALS in downtown memphis and i don't see you leaving anytime soon. If you were done wasting your time with me, you would have shut that big azzed hole in your face like 5 posts back.

RedGiant
2/6/2007, 10:54 PM
Manning may have gotten the MVP, but the Colts D may have deserved it as well as Addai. They were laying some pretty good licks on Chicago. Especially on one Cedric Benson. He pulled his patented fumble the ball then losers limp my way off the field back to back combo once again.

sooneron
2/6/2007, 11:30 PM
You must have NO idea of who or what Jello Biafra is.

Google is your friend.

Jello Biafra
2/6/2007, 11:39 PM
You must have NO idea of who or what Jello Biafra is.

Google is your friend.

;) lol

but, HE thinks he's the man.....

i think it was ali who had the patented rope a' dope???

sanantoniosooner
2/7/2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure we all want to declare Jello the victor based on his Peyton whining.

This comes off as a pillow fight. ;)

Jello Biafra
2/7/2007, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure we all want to declare Jello the victor based on his Peyton whining.

This comes off as a pillow fight. ;)

bah!

i don't know about a pillow fight but it did sound a little like two socks hitting each other.

:D

on a side note, it is pretty comical to see all my so called "negs" in my rep points.........everything from calling me a flaming homosexual to the all time favorite, spelling police...... is grey spec still counted as spec? :)