PDA

View Full Version : SB LXI halftime and commercials

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:17 PM
one of the better halftime shows that i can remember.......surprised me to hear Prince cover a foo fighters song

the commercials pretty much sucked....a few funny bud lite spots, but that was about it

Mongo
2/4/2007, 10:19 PM
Prince was pretty good. Commercials, I have to agree, **** poor. Even the beer commercials sucked.

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:21 PM
prince rocks.....he's a freak but musically i think he's a genius

the early doritos commercial was funny

Mongo
2/4/2007, 10:25 PM
You can forget how good he is with his geetar due to all the cross dressing and orgasmic yelling.

The most retarded commercial was the Bob Goulet one. horrible.

"Who are the add wizzards that came up with that?"

Vaevictis
2/4/2007, 10:26 PM
I kept thinking, "You could put a monkey banging some cymbals on the TV and it would make a better ad than this." :D

bluedogok
2/4/2007, 10:28 PM
I concur, Prince was good, commercials sucked.

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:28 PM
yeah i didnt get the bob goulet one either

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 10:33 PM
the suicidal robot was creepy. I did laugh at Mr. Turkey neck though.

BeetDigger
2/4/2007, 10:33 PM
I wonder if Ashley Simpson was watching? You know, someone actually SINGING during their performance.

Mongo
2/4/2007, 10:35 PM
the suicidal robot was creepy. I did laugh at Mr. Turkey neck though.

Yeah, that was the only commercial I laughed at, the others were like "WTF?".

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2007, 10:36 PM
I wished they would've shown the GoDaddy commercial more. :D

JohnnyMack
2/4/2007, 10:36 PM
Did anyone else see the commercial where the guy was going to propose to his girlfriend? I missed it, or it didn't air cause I sure didn't see it.

ChickSoonerFan
2/4/2007, 10:38 PM
I thought the connectivity disfunction one was kind of funny...something like that. Where that lady, who is really ugly, gives him the come hither look?

I dunno. Maybe it wasn't THAT funny since I can't remember much about it.

But I giggled at the time.

At his goofy grin.

I think.

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:39 PM
oh that was a riot.......connectile dysfunction

the k-fed commercial made me chuckle

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 10:40 PM
Also Prince ruled. Best halftime show I can remember

ChickSoonerFan
2/4/2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah...took me a second to realize who K-Fed was. My 12 year old asked me if it was Eminem, I looked and I was really surprised it was him.

The message was a funny one though. Ya just never know.

Sooner51
2/4/2007, 10:44 PM
every other commercial was bud light, they spent a fortune.

BigRedJed
2/4/2007, 10:50 PM
Prince's talent gets hidden behind the bigger-than-life persona. Most people know he's a great songwriter, but I bet most people don't understand just how great of a guitarist he is. Personally, I think he should be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Clapton, Blackmore, Santana, SRV, B.B. King...

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:53 PM
totally agree, prince can wail on the guitar....although that second guitar he played...the opening lick was a bit rough

SicEmBaylor
2/4/2007, 10:59 PM
Prince sucks.

The best commercial was Letterman/Oprah. The suicidal bot was disturbing. The beer commercials weren't that bad except for the crab one. Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to create the Goulet commercial should be shot.

The snickers commercial>Robot commercial for creepy factor.

The Super Bowl itself sucked this year.

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 11:01 PM
Prince sucks.

The best commercial was Letterman/Oprah. The suicidal bot was disturbing. The beer commercials weren't that bad except for the crab one. Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to create the Goulet commercial should be shot.

If you think Prince sucks, then no wonder you have woman problems.

It would have been so sweet if Prince would have played ***** control just to melt down the FCC.

SoonerGirl06
2/4/2007, 11:04 PM
The Snickers commercial... WTF were they thinking on that one???? I love Snickers, but that commercial just totally turned me off.

I think the Blockbuster commercial at the beggining of the was the best one I saw tonight.

soonerboomer93
2/4/2007, 11:11 PM
what Foo song did he cover?

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 11:12 PM
"best of you"

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 11:12 PM
what Foo song did he cover?
He segued into Best of You from the opening riff of All Along the Watchtower.

yermom
2/4/2007, 11:14 PM
i didn't really like the All Along the Watchtower or Proud Mary covers, just seemed like he was mailing it in or something. Best of You was pretty cool, but i kinda expected more out of Prince. i was happy he only did his old stuff though, i haven't liked much of his newer crap

and dude does wail on a guitar...

i was also glad he wasn't wearing ***-less pants :D

Ike
2/4/2007, 11:15 PM
Prince sucks.

as usual, I disagree with almost everything you say here.

except for the Goulet commercial and the game part.

yermom
2/4/2007, 11:15 PM
the Snickers commercial was one of my favorites

JohnnyMack
2/4/2007, 11:16 PM
I thought the Garman commercial rocked.

Sooner98
2/4/2007, 11:31 PM
Easily the worst year for Super Bowl commercials I can remember. I chuckled maybe a couple of times. No outright laughs at all. They need to bring back Bud Bowl or something. The game was a snoozer as well.

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:39 PM
I thought the one with the guy car wash was pretty funny.

I liked the Coke one that referenced historic Black History moments. And the one with the African Americans proudly watching the game.

The one about saying goodbye that ended with Favre was kinda funny too.

Rhino
2/4/2007, 11:42 PM
Wow.

I like Prince and I thought it was one of his worst live performances ever.

SoonerGirl06
2/4/2007, 11:43 PM
Wow.

I'm sure the rain didn't help out much.

Mongo
2/4/2007, 11:46 PM
Wow.

It could have been better, but considering the past few years of Super Bowl performances, it was great.

If he played some of his old hits, it would have been alot better. I liked the Foo Fighters cover. But any televised concert in a stadium is going to sound horrible.

And yes, ***** Control should have been played.

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:46 PM
Hold on a second.

Prince is a guy?!

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:47 PM
I thought the slap commercial was okay too.

Rhino
2/4/2007, 11:51 PM
I hated the Foo Fighters cover.

Anyone with the catalog that Prince has shouldn't have to resort to covering his contemporary's songs.

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:52 PM
I liked the way the FAMU band glowed.

Mongo
2/4/2007, 11:55 PM
I liked the way the FAMU band glowed.

It looked cool. It looked like something out of TRON. Too bad you couldn't hear what they were playing.

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:55 PM
I hated the Foo Fighters cover.

Anyone with the catalog that Prince has shouldn't have to resort to covering his contemporary's songs.

Yep. Heck, just give us the Foo Fighters. I'd like to see their cover of Proud Mary.

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 11:58 PM
It looked cool. It looked like something out of TRON. Too bad you couldn't hear what they were playing.

I couldn't hear anything. I think there was only one person at our watch party interested in the performance and she got right up next to the TV.

I didn't know he did a FF cover until I read this thread. I actually did kinda jokingly think to myself that he was doing Proud Mary because the dancers were doing the standard Proud Mary dance (rolling their fists over each other) but I didn't really think he would be doing Proud Mary. I mean...c'mon. EVERYBODY does that cover.Let's change it up for the Super Bowl.

VeeJay
2/5/2007, 12:10 AM
I think "Purple Rain" will go down as one of the great SB halftime performances of all time. It wouldn't have meant as much performed inside the Metrodome with a foot of snow piled up outside.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 01:13 AM
Heh. You probably don't think about it, but the Superbowl didn't start going for the big, currently-popular artists until Superbowl XXV - 1990. They had the New Kids on the Block. Before that all the shows seem to have been either college marching bands or way-past-their-prime jazz musicians. Or Chubby Checker. ;)

http://www.superbowl.com/features/entertainment/halftime-honorroll

Prince was probably the best halftime since Stevie Wonder at SB XXXIII.

def_lazer_fc
2/5/2007, 03:00 AM
was i the only one that found the suicidal chevy robot to be a little messed up? i mean, there's probably some guy that was laid off by said robot, and they're making fun of the fact that the robot might commit suicide? how bout the regular joe that lost his job? was this just me and everyone else watching at my friend's house, or did anyone else find this lacking in taste as well?

soonerboomer93
2/5/2007, 03:48 AM
I just saw that one, and yeah, it was poor taste

the blockbuster mouse commercial, and the bud light rock, scissors paper game = greatness

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2007, 06:28 AM
I agree with 93....the paper, rock, scissors commerical was greatness...and the Sierra Mist beard comb over mad me laugh...and cringe.

yermom
2/5/2007, 06:54 AM
I couldn't hear anything. I think there was only one person at our watch party interested in the performance and she got right up next to the TV.

I didn't know he did a FF cover until I read this thread. I actually did kinda jokingly think to myself that he was doing Proud Mary because the dancers were doing the standard Proud Mary dance (rolling their fists over each other) but I didn't really think he would be doing Proud Mary. I mean...c'mon. EVERYBODY does that cover.Let's change it up for the Super Bowl.

exactly.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2007, 07:56 AM
If he played some of his old hits, it would have been alot better. What the crap? Purple Rain isn't old enough for you? Prince did a great job, but I'd imagine that isn't the best set up for a live performance. As far as commercials, I can't think of a worse year. Those Career Builder/Survivor ones were pretty dumb. I thought they were going to show some amateur one. Which was it? I kept dozing off in my chair.

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2007, 07:58 AM
I thought they were going to show some amateur one. Which was it? I kept dozing off in my chair.The Doritos commericals where the amateur ones...which I thought were kind of funny.

Mongo
2/5/2007, 08:00 AM
What the crap? Purple Rain isn't old enough for you? Prince did a great job, but I'd imagine that isn't the best set up for a live performance. As far as commercials, I can't think of a worse year. Those Career Builder/Survivor ones were pretty dumb. I thought they were going to show some amateur one. Which was it? I kept dozing off in my chair.

I meant stick to them all, "Little Red Corvette" and "Rasberry Beret", and yes Purple Rain was awesome.

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2007, 08:01 AM
I was waiting for him to break out "Little Nicky" and watch them zip to commerical.

yermom
2/5/2007, 08:02 AM
i'm thinking that the younger demographic might not know any of those, that's my theory

not everyone grew up on Purple Rain :D

yermom
2/5/2007, 08:03 AM
I was waiting for him to break out "Little Nicky" and watch them zip to commerical.

that or P Control :D

heh, i just thought about Foo Fighters covering Darling Nikki, i guess Prince was returning the favor

Mongo
2/5/2007, 08:11 AM
Game: Blouses.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/prince.jpg

And yes, he should have played P Control. That would have made the Janet Jackson incident look like nothing.

yermom
2/5/2007, 08:12 AM
Charlie Murphy might have been the best part of that show :D

heh, pancakes

Mongo
2/5/2007, 08:15 AM
Charlie took that show to a new level of greatness. And i seriously think of that skit anytime I see or hear Prince.

Nice game......Bitches

Howzit
2/5/2007, 08:47 AM
Prince. succs. bahls.

Boffingham
2/5/2007, 08:55 AM
I agree with 93....the paper, rock, scissors commerical was greatness...and the Sierra Mist beard comb over mad me laugh...and cringe.

Couldn't agree more with the P,R,S commercial. I liked the robot as well.

SoonerJack
2/5/2007, 09:13 AM
The Game = I guess the Colts defense > bears offense
Commercials = the Garmin commercial was awesome, as was the first Doritos commercial, then Rock Paper Scissors. What was with all the adds for CBS shows? Guess they didn't sell all their space.
Prince = yes, fewer covers, more old school Prince stuff
Super-Vision?? = to me this seemed a little lacking, like the signal was not quite all there

achiro
2/5/2007, 09:13 AM
Did you and doleo giggle because it reminded you of that time at band camp?:D

LilSooner
2/5/2007, 09:21 AM
Prince sucked, his cover of Best of You was an absolute tragedy.

We turned it over and watched the puppy bowl.

yermom
2/5/2007, 09:22 AM
Prince. succs. bahls.

yeah, i'm not that worried about his personal life, but he's pretty talented as a musician ;)

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 10:03 AM
Considering Prince is up for something like 3 Grammys for his new album, I'm not surprised he didn't totally stick with his old tunes. I mean, it's not like the guy just stopped writing music after the Bat-Dance. ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 10:09 AM
Prince sucks.

Oh, deer...

*shakes head*

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 10:11 AM
Prince has some talent, but something about a dude playing an ejaculating guitar doesn't appeal to me.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 10:12 AM
Prince sucks.

You truly are hopeless.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 10:14 AM
Musically...he's a freakin' genius.

All the sessual stuff can be weird...but strictly talking about his musical talent...he's more gifted than only a couple of handfuls of human beings to ever exist.

Ever.

And he's got EXCELLENT taste in high heels. :kelvin:

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 10:23 AM
Bill Joel was awful singing the national anthem. I like Prince, but I didn't think the halftime show was that great. I think the era of good Super Bowl commercials might be dead. I liked the amateur Doritos commercial, and the David Letterman/Oprah commercial was funny. I thought the funniest one was the Kevin Federline one for...I don't remember what, some job finder web site or something. The rock/paper/scissors one was okay. As usual, all the car ads were lame. The worst ad by far was the GM robot. GM recently laid off a bunch of actual human beings, and the really ironic thing is that GM build quality succs. Who are they trying to fool with that ad?

sooneron
2/5/2007, 10:28 AM
The worst ad by far was the GM robot. GM recently laid off a bunch of actual human beings, and the really ironic thing is that GM build quality succs. Who are they trying to fool with that ad?
I agree and Sierra Mist doesn't know how to use Gaffigan.

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 10:34 AM
Billy Joel's voice is shot. He's just not physically able to perform at a high level anymore.

Howzit
Musically...he's a freakin' genius.

All the sessual stuff can be weird...but strictly talking about his musical talent...he's more gifted than only a couple of handfuls of human beings to ever exist.

Ever.

And he's got EXCELLENT taste in high heels. :kelvin:

:les: I SAID succs. bahls.

:D

Sorry, the dude can rip some licks, can play a bunch of instruments well, but so can Wayne Newton. I have NEVER gotten the whole genius deal. Maybe I haven't heard the genius stuff, I dunno, but what I have heard is horrible.

Little Red Corvette?

Raspberry Beret?

Fingernails on a chalkboard.

Mjcpr
Sorry, the dude can rip some licks, but I have NEVER gotten the whole genius deal. Maybe I haven't heard the genius stuff, I dunno, but what I have heard is horrible.

Little Red Corvette?

Raspberry Beret?

****, you and SicEm are like two pee pees in a pod.

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 10:36 AM
At bed time I tell my 7 year old it' time to "potty like it's 1999"

It gets on his nerves.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 10:36 AM
****, you and SicEm are like two pee pees in a pod.

:les: MAYBE THAT'S WHY I KEEP LETTIN' YOU **** ALL OVER ME, YOU SEE YOU IN TEE!!!1

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 11:05 AM
:les: I SAID succs. bahls.

Sorry, the dude can rip some licks, can play a bunch of instruments well, but so can Wayne Newton. I have NEVER gotten the whole genius deal. Maybe I haven't heard the genius stuff, I dunno, but what I have heard is horrible.

Little Red Corvette?

Raspberry Beret?

You might listen to Prince.

But you can't hear him.

:norm:

Fugue
2/5/2007, 11:17 AM

But you can't hear him.

If only I could be so lucky.

*ducking shoes and Rolling Rock bottles, EMPTY Rolling Rock bottles* :texan:

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 11:18 AM
Et tu, Foogay?

:(

Howzit
2/5/2007, 11:20 AM

But you can't hear him.

:les: WHAT DO YOU KNOW 'BOUT MUSIC ANYWAYS?!?!?!

;)

Fugue
2/5/2007, 11:20 AM
Et tu, Foogay?

:mad:

Sorry Bootay, I'd even rather listen to Mustaine sing. Sorry Pat.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 11:21 AM
If only I could be so lucky.

*ducking shoes and Rolling Rock bottles, EMPTY Rolling Rock bottles* :texan:

*snicker*

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 11:26 AM
People who suck:

Howzie
Fu-gay
SuckEm

This list shall increase if anyone else thinks Prince sucks.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 11:30 AM
:mad:

Sorry Bootay, I'd even rather listen to Mustaine sing. Sorry Pat.

I'm not necessarily talking about his voice...his ability to write, arrange and perform music is just extraordinary.

List-onners.

Melo
2/5/2007, 11:31 AM
I didnt grow up on Prince, so all I know is a few songs. I was unimpressed with his show last night. I wish he would have done some of his old stuff. Also, I couldnt help but giggle when that sheet went up, and the silhouette looked like he had a giant hoo-hoo.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 11:33 AM
People who suck:

Howzie
Fu-gay
SuckEm

This list shall increase if anyone else thinks Prince sucks.

Philosophize on, Testacles!!!

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 11:34 AM
I didnt grow up on Prince, so all I know is a few songs. I was unimpressed with his show last night. I wish he would have done some of his old stuff. Also, I couldnt help but giggle when that sheet went up, and the silhouette looked like he had a giant hoo-hoo.
There would have been some FCC issues if he does that. I can't imagine the FCC would have been thrilled if he would have busted out Head.

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 11:39 AM
Prince sucked, his cover of Best of You was an absolute tragedy.

We turned it over and watched the puppy bowl.

The only thing tragic about Prince's performance was the doo rag he had to wear so his hair wouldn't jerry curl in the rain.

Other than that, he was amazing. As usual.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 11:45 AM
Philosophize on, Testacles!!!

:les:Imma drag 'em on yer face!!!!

Howzit
2/5/2007, 11:46 AM
The only thing tragic about Prince's performance was the doo rag he had to wear so his hair wouldn't jerry curl in the rain.

Other than that, he was amazing. As usual.

Fugey's gonna read this, ya know.

He will be VERY disappointed.

just sayin.

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 11:47 AM
Fugue likes the jerry curl?

Fugue
2/5/2007, 11:50 AM
Just did a little youtubin' and yep, Prince sucks.

:pop:

Fugue
2/5/2007, 11:51 AM
Fugue likes the jerry curl?

I've got my shower cap on right now, beyonce!11

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 11:52 AM
Don't forget the Glo Mo Glo.

Fugue
2/5/2007, 11:59 AM
Don't forget the Glo Mo Glo.

oh yeah, I'm lookin' right.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~jett/ridiculous.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 11:59 AM
Here's me:

http://static.twoday.net/mahalanobis/images/coworkers.jpg

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 12:01 PM
Here's me:

http://static.twoday.net/mahalanobis/images/coworkers.jpg

I call b.s. on that. None of those monkeys are wearing Hawaiian shirts.

tbl
2/5/2007, 12:05 PM
Prince's talent gets hidden behind the bigger-than-life persona. Most people know he's a great songwriter, but I bet most people don't understand just how great of a guitarist he is. Personally, I think he should be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Clapton, Blackmore, Santana, SRV, B.B. King...
He could blow Santana & BB off the planet. I never can understand why people think Carlos Santana is a good guitarist. I mean, he's okay and all, but there are scores of better guitarists out there.

Jimi - SRV - Page - Clapton - Guy - Prince

All right up there, with Jimi getting the edge....

Fugue
2/5/2007, 12:10 PM
Prince = SRV?

you must be joking.

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 12:12 PM
Prince = SRV?

you must be joking.

Is that a new Law and Order?

tbl
2/5/2007, 12:15 PM
Prince = SRV?

you must be joking.
Do you play guitar? I'd have to assume you don't b/c there's no way any guitar player out there could ever say that Prince is anything but amazing. I've been playing guitar for a long time, and I'm tellin ya, that guy is bad to the bone.

and I never said Prince = SRV. I might venture to say Prince>SRV...

BeetDigger
2/5/2007, 12:15 PM
I thought Prince was great. And when measured against the suckiness that has invaded the half-time performances of late, he was off the charts.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 12:18 PM
Do you play guitar? I'd have to assume you don't b/c there's no way any guitar player out there could ever say that Prince is anything but amazing. I've been playing guitar for a long time, and I'm tellin ya, that guy is bad to the bone.

I do and I agree with you on his ability to play the guitar.

His music, however, succs bahls.

I also agree with you on Santana and BB, btw...

Fugue
2/5/2007, 12:19 PM

Yes, I play all teh time and playng Prince licks is easy compared to SRV's. Clapton almost di'int continue with geetar after he heard SRV because he was so good.

Any Jackass>Prince ;)

tbl
2/5/2007, 12:24 PM
New song he played on SNL a couple of months ago. Badness.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1676285393

Performing "While my guitar gently weeps". You tell me which guitarist stands out (aside from Harrisons son looking identical to him).
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1440356767

He's a bad mother. If you can't see that, I propose you have an extra chromosome. :D

tbl
2/5/2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, I play all teh time and playng Prince licks is easy compared to SRV's. Clapton almost di'int continue with geetar after he heard SRV because he was so good.

Any Jackass>Prince ;)
I was kinda joking about him being greater than SRV, b/c that dude was pretty insane. However, I still stand by the opinion that he's in the same level of guitar stratosphere.

Fugue
2/5/2007, 12:28 PM
New song he played on SNL a couple of months ago. Badness.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1676285393

Performing "While my guitar gently weeps". You tell me which guitarist stands out (aside from Harrisons son looking identical to him).
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1440356767

He's a bad mother. If you can't see that, I propose you have an extra chromosome. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bxiH8G0XIE

tbl
2/5/2007, 12:31 PM
Hey ma! Look at me! I can play behind my back!!!! That makes me awesome! ;)

Fugue
2/5/2007, 12:34 PM
Hey ma! Look at me! I can play better than Prince behind my back!!!! That makes me awesome! ;)

word :texan:

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 12:35 PM
I'm about to start kickin' teh junk...

:kelvin:

Fugue
2/5/2007, 12:42 PM
I'm about to start kickin' teh junk...

:kelvin:

How YOU Doin'?

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 12:52 PM
Don't make BSG come out the vase...

Fugue
2/5/2007, 01:01 PM
I think she really is po'd at me. :eek:

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 01:03 PM
:les: YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF!!

Fugue
2/5/2007, 01:05 PM

Howzit
2/5/2007, 01:28 PM
IT'S JUST TEH INNERWEBS!!!1

def_lazer_fc
2/5/2007, 01:59 PM
if we are talking guitarists, lets put pete townsend up on that list as well. and i cant believe no one has mentioned the guitar player of the gods, Yngwie Malmsteen! i mean, look at him! you gotta be good to get away with looking like this, right? dude defeats dragons and wizards with his tasty licks.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/def_lazer_fc/yngwie.jpg

p.s. i was secretly kinda wanting prince to play diamonds and pearls.

Fugue
2/5/2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghJeWyzvyj4

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 02:29 PM
one of the better halftime shows that i can remember.......surprised me to hear Prince cover a foo fighters song

the commercials pretty much sucked....a few funny bud lite spots, but that was about it Prince performing Purple Rain in the pouring rain was so cool. :)

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 02:30 PM
Ingway is a turd. I've talked to him. He's a big, fat baby.

But dude can rule...that's for sure.

:les: HI FOOGAY!!! CAN YOU SEE ME WAVING???

Fugue
2/5/2007, 02:39 PM

But dude can rule...that's for sure.

:les: HI FOOGAY!!! CAN YOU SEE ME WAVING???

heh

yes but I wish you were waving with more than 1 finger. :(

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 02:40 PM

tbl
2/5/2007, 02:44 PM
if we are talking guitarists, lets put pete townsend up on that list as well. and i cant believe no one has mentioned the guitar player of the gods, Yngwie Malmsteen! i mean, look at him! you gotta be good to get away with looking like this, right? dude defeats dragons and wizards with his tasty licks.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/def_lazer_fc/yngwie.jpg

p.s. i was secretly kinda wanting prince to play diamonds and pearls.
Anybody that's been playing guitar for more than a year can play anything by Pete Townsend. Most overrated guitar player, evar.

Yngwie and Vai can both lick my scrod. I won't take away from their speed ability, but IMO that style of guitar playing is horrible. Talented? Sure. Good to listen to? Absolutely not. Lacking substance? Without a doubt.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 02:49 PM
Lick my scrod.

Now that's a saying I just don't use enough.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds like something a medieval knight would say.

Fugue
2/5/2007, 02:53 PM
Anybody that's been playing guitar for more than a year can play anything by Pete Townsend. Most overrated guitar player, evar.

Yngwie and Vai can both lick my scrod. I won't take away from their speed ability, but IMO that style of guitar playing is horrible. Talented? Sure. Good to listen to? Absolutely not. Lacking substance? Without a doubt.

Yep, that Bach/Vivaldi influence has no guts to it. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2007, 02:53 PM
Sounds like something a medieval knight would say.

wouldnt it be "licketh my scrod"

?

Fugue
2/5/2007, 02:54 PM
I think "wench" has to be included also.

KABOOKIE
2/5/2007, 02:55 PM
Super Bowl LXI is still 20 years away.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 02:56 PM
Heh. Me and Fugue had this discussion a long time ago. It's the 'ol Technical vs. Artistic issue.

Sometimes, something technically perfect has no soul. Sometimes, something artistic is sloppy and easy to pull off.

What do you appreciate? What do you like to hear? That's really what it comes down to...

Fugue
2/5/2007, 03:00 PM
Booty is correct.
And, for all you folks that like Prince, that is just fine with me. I only get freaked out when I hear people say that they really don't listen to any music. wtehf? :D

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 03:01 PM
Booty is correct.
And, for all you folks that like Prince, that is just fine with me. I only get freaked out when I hear people say that they really don't listen to any music. wtehf? :D

Okay everybody, this is the 'OK' we've all been waiting for.....go ahead and listen to Prince if you want.

Viking Kitten
Aw look. They made up. How freakin' sweet. (pukes.)

Scott D
heh..RR was better than Malmsteen.

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 03:02 PM
Prince was the first African American to perform at halftime of the first Super Bowl to have an African American as head coach.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 03:04 PM

Oh.

Snap.

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2007, 03:04 PM
Prince is Halle Berry black too..... ;)

Fugue
2/5/2007, 03:08 PM

it's close, Ingway is really good, he is just so much of a jackass that it's hard to like him.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 03:09 PM
Prince was the first African American to perform at halftime of the first Super Bowl to have an African American as head coach.

And WON by an African American.

Fugue
2/5/2007, 03:09 PM
Aw look. They made up. How freakin' sweet. (pukes.)

don't you have some rollerchair surfing to do? :pop:

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 03:10 PM
And WON by an African American.

African American cocaches are now 1-1 in the Super Bowl.

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 03:13 PM
don't you have some rollerchair surfing to do? :pop:

Dude, I am the Johnny Utah of rollerchair surfing. (Like toward the beginning when Lori Petty had to save his life.)

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:13 PM

A black head coach has lost every Super Bowl that featured a black head coach. No wonder they don't get more chances....

:twinkies:

Scott D
2/5/2007, 03:14 PM
it's close, Ingway is really good, he is just so much of a jackass that it's hard to like him.

well of course he's a jackass, you would be too with Ingway for a name :P

it would have been nice to see RR's development had he not died in that accident.

SoonersEnFuego
2/5/2007, 03:14 PM
That's because you like man-love. ;)

sanantoniosooner
2/5/2007, 03:15 PM
Black on Black crime is frustrating.

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 03:18 PM
Non-African American coaches, however, are 40-40 in the Super Bowl.

Howzit
2/5/2007, 03:22 PM
Non-African American coaches, however, are 40-40 in the Super Bowl.

I find it interesting that no one is pointing out that Japanese American coaches are undefeated in Super Bowl appearances.

Telling, indeed.

<edit> that should have read Supah Bowr Appealances

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:27 PM
Heh. Me and Fugue had this discussion a long time ago. It's the 'ol Technical vs. Artistic issue.

Sometimes, something technically perfect has no soul. Sometimes, something artistic is sloppy and easy to pull off.

What do you appreciate? What do you like to hear? That's really what it comes down to...
I like to hear me some good music. Prince is not it.

Scott D
2/5/2007, 03:28 PM
I like to hear me some good music. Chicks dig my Lawrence Welk collection.

oy vey.

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:30 PM
I like to hear me some good music.

Such as?

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 03:31 PM
He's just upset because Prince has yet to play Branson.

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:32 PM
Prince has yet to play Branson

He's probably afraid to since so many women there have hair bigger than he is.

:texan:

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:33 PM
Such as?

My taste in music is pretty electic. I've got a playlist as an html file I should send you. It's pretty amazing the range I have.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 03:34 PM
Post it.

Please.

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:36 PM
Post it.

Please.

It's too big. This is every song in my library.

Mjcpr
2/5/2007, 03:37 PM
My taste in music is pretty electic. I've got a playlist as an html file I should send you. It's pretty amazing the range I have.

Does electic mean ghey?

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:37 PM
Does electic mean ghey?
Depends on what you think of Hanson.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/5/2007, 03:38 PM
Oh, for the love of...

nevermind.

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:38 PM
Depends on what you think of Hanson.

OKC > Tulsa

Crap, I forget about Hinder. Call it a wash.

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 03:43 PM
Ooh. I bet he's got Spice Girls. I know it. I just know it.

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:46 PM
Ooh. I bet he's got Spice Girls. I know it. I just know it.
Heh

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2007, 03:47 PM
hanson.......make it stop

please

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:50 PM
hanson.......make it stop

I thought 1998 took care of that.

achiro
2/5/2007, 03:50 PM
IIIIIII'll tell you what you want what you really really want....:eek:

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:52 PM
IIIIIII'll tell you what you want what you really really want....:eek:

There's not a guy here who wouldn't hit it.

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 03:54 PM
I KNEW IT.

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 03:54 PM
There's not a guy here who wouldn't hit it.

Hanson? :eek:

Viking Kitten
2/5/2007, 03:55 PM
I bet you also have Savage Garden and a whole bunch of Britney Spears you didn't buy because of the school girl outfit. :D

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 03:56 PM
I bet you also have Savage Garden and a whole bunch of Britney Spears you didn't buy because of the school girl outfit. :D

Leave him alone, he's flying to the moon and back right now.

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2007, 03:57 PM
hey now, easy on brittney and the school girl outfit...... ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 03:57 PM

lol, I was kidding about the Spice Girls. I do have Savage Garden but not Britney Spears except..well I do have the "orgasm" song or whatever it's called. I never listen to it but I have it.

IB4OU2
2/5/2007, 04:03 PM
lol, I was kidding about the Spice Girls. I do have Savage Garden but not Britney Spears except..well I do have the "orgasm" song or whatever it's called. I never listen to it but I have it.

Iv'e heard that song sung alot before......:cool:

BeetDigger
2/5/2007, 04:10 PM
Too much bias on this board. There are a handful of Prince haters who are getting off scott free with their Hanson, Spice Girl and Yanni collections.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 05:30 PM
Heh. SicEm has yet to figure out that Prince is basically a sonic panty remover.

Scott D
2/5/2007, 05:49 PM
probably because panty remover music to SicEm is Yanni, The Wiggles, and John Tesh.

Ike
2/5/2007, 05:56 PM
probably because panty remover music to SicEm is Yanni, The Wiggles, and John Tesh.

I really don't think he knows. It seems like when he has had panties removed in his presence, the cause has been something completely outside his influence.

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 05:59 PM
Heh. SicEm has yet to figure out that Prince is basically a sonic panty remover.

The sad thing is...the first time with SicEmEx my parents were the catalyst.
For Xmas they got me this gift basket of assorted liquors with a card for a suite at the Tulsa Doubletree (downtown) for New Year's Eve for her and I.

Scott D
2/5/2007, 05:59 PM
I really don't think he knows. It seems like when he has had panties removed in his presence, the cause has been something completely outside his influence.

usually because the female feels dirty, and gets the desire to take a shower.....alone.

royalfan5
2/5/2007, 06:01 PM
The sad thing is...the first time with SicEmEx my parents were the catalyst.
For Xmas they got me this gift basket of assorted liquors with a card for a suite at the Tulsa Doubletree (downtown) for New Year's Eve for her and I.
So even you're parents knew you would have to get her blackout drunk?

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2007, 06:02 PM
So even you're parents knew you would have to get her blackout drunk?

The two weren't connected except for packaging purposes.

Melo
2/5/2007, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry - I'm still giggling over the large hoo-hoo pictures...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Misc/r2083585953.jpg

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 06:31 PM
Remember, SicEm likes Bread.......

tbl
2/5/2007, 06:43 PM
The band?

Scott D
2/5/2007, 09:14 PM
Remember, SicEm likes The Gipsy Kings.......

:stunned:

SoonerInKCMO
2/5/2007, 09:16 PM
Prince sucks.

Every time I think you couldn't possibly be more of an idiot, you prove me wrong.

SoonerInKCMO
2/5/2007, 09:32 PM

He turned you down, didn't he. :(

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 10:22 PM
The band?

From the SicEm Trouble thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88521&page=18).

Bread's "Everything I Own" saved my relationship with this girl once. She had come down to Waco for an OU/Baylor game about the time she was wavering on whether or not she wanted to continue a relationship with me. On the way home, I popped my Bread CD into the car and "Everything I Own" comes on. By the time we got back to Oklahoma the deal was sealed and we remained together (for the time being).

VeeJay
2/5/2007, 10:45 PM
He's just upset because Prince has yet to play Branson.

What? The Prince Country Music Theater shut down?

GottaHavePride
2/6/2007, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry - I'm still giggling over the large hoo-hoo pictures...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/Misc/r2083585953.jpg

I'd give really good odds that well over half the chicks on the field for that performance would've ****ed his brains out right there.

Hell, probably 50/50 that he nailed at least one of the dancing girls.

tbl
2/6/2007, 01:03 AM
I think Sicem could possibly just be jealous that somebody shorter and punier than him has the ability to be one of the mackingest guys on the planet.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/6/2007, 09:36 AM
He turned you down, didn't he. :(

Heh. :D

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2007, 09:40 AM
Hell, probably 50/50 that he nailed at least one of the dancing girls.

those dancing girls are twins......he's had them both.......many times over i'm sure

looking at him, you'd never think he gets as much ***** as he does......