PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "Rex Grossman *****s worse than donkey b**ls!" thread!

SoonerStormchaser
2/4/2007, 09:23 PM
This guy is worse than Rich Gannon four years ago!

I mean, come on...have you ever seen a worse QB in the SUPER BOWL??!?!?:pop:

Rogue
2/4/2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, he's bad.

Who was the QB for Tampa Bay a few years ago?

SoonerStormchaser
2/4/2007, 09:26 PM
Brad Johnson

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/4/2007, 09:28 PM
They should run the Wildcat formation with Devin Hester at QB

GrapevineSooner
2/4/2007, 09:28 PM
This guy is worse than Rich Gannon four years ago!

Kerry Collins had a pretty big bag six years ago, in addition to Gannon stinking up the joint four years ago.

kevpks
2/4/2007, 09:32 PM
Has a team ever drafted a QB in the first round after appearing in a Superbowl? If not, I think we might see that in this draft.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 09:35 PM
Has a team ever drafted a QB in the first round after appearing in a Superbowl? If not, I think we might see that in this draft.

Rex Grossman
Brian Griese
Kyle Orton
BJ Symons

their stacked at QB. they just dont have enough expierence.

Hella Sideburns
2/4/2007, 09:37 PM
Rex Grossman
Brian Griese
Kyle Orton
BJ Symons

their stacked at QB. they just dont have enough expierence.

if you have four ****ty quarterbacks, i dont think that counts as being stacked.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 09:40 PM
if you have four ****ty quarterbacks, i dont think that counts as being stacked.

name one qb coming out of the next draft that could start before any of them.

Frozen Sooner
Well, it counts as a stack of ****...

Grossman is so dang streaky it's amazing.

And I think that the Ravens drafted a QB in the first round after winning a Super Bowl, but don't hold me to that.

Frozen Sooner

Right now or in a couple of years?

JaMarcus Russell comes to mind.

sooneron
2/4/2007, 09:42 PM
Rex has sucked, but the playcalling has been Chuck-like

Hella Sideburns
2/4/2007, 09:45 PM

Just because a rookie QB couldn't start for the bears does not mean that they are "stacked" at QB.

How many teams in the league would any of the bears guys start for?

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 09:45 PM
Right now or in a couple of years?

JaMarcus Russell comes to mind.

Now. And you're dreaming if you think J.R could start.

85sooners
2/4/2007, 09:51 PM
grossman is gay:rolleyes:

sooneron
2/4/2007, 09:54 PM
Neil O'Donnel may be close.

TUSooner
2/4/2007, 10:05 PM

No.

sooneron
2/4/2007, 10:08 PM
O'Donnell had 5 oskies against Switzer's cowboys.

Octavian
2/4/2007, 10:12 PM
Elway's performance against San Fransisco (SB 24) would be up there.

franklinjake
2/4/2007, 10:12 PM
Rex has sucked, but the playcalling has been Chuck-like
Agreed, very predictable and they played not to loose, instead of to win!

tommieharris91
2/4/2007, 10:15 PM
They let Peyton Manning and the Colts have the ball for like 45 minutes.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 10:16 PM
O'Donnell had 5 oskies against Switzer's cowboys.

I still wonder if he wasn't payed to throw that game. He threw a couple of oskies right in the bread basket of Dallas defenders and his receivers were no where in sight.

StoopTroup
2/4/2007, 10:17 PM
Manning deserves this win.

The Colts all deserve credit for this win.

The Bears D took them as far as the Super Bowl.

To many injuries led to their doom IMO.

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2007, 10:20 PM
Those UT guys sure helped the Bears out today, didn't they? I'm sure they also didn't miss the guy that didn't help them get to the Super Bowl, Tommie Harris, at all; how long till the 'whorns apologists are on here?

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2007, 10:21 PM
And back on track, the only QB i can think of that stunk it up worse than Grossman would have been O'Donnell.

LittleWingSooner
2/4/2007, 10:25 PM
Did Da Bears ever really come close to touching Peyton Manning? I think with more pressure to Manning the game is a lot closer. Also Chicago never really had a run game outside of one play.

CtheB
2/4/2007, 10:25 PM
Brad Johnson???? Are you serious? Brad was a steady QB for the Bucs that season. As for winners, no qb did less than Dilfer for the Ravens.

Back to Grossman, if you are McCasskey, you've go to think that you give Griese a chance next year. He's not an all world qb, but if they can get steady play at QB, not streaky, they've got everything in place.

swardboy
2/4/2007, 10:26 PM
Sure hope the OU gang stays healthy next year. They were missed tonight. "Course with Grossman's performance, I don't know of anything that would have helped.

bluedogok
2/4/2007, 10:34 PM
Grossman is the worst kind, he has stellar games that shows his ability and promise but then has those turd in the punch bowl games. He still reverts back to his "Fun-nGun" days way too much. If the Bears are going to win it all, they need a major upgrade at QB.

I dare say that even a QB like Chrissy would be an upgrade for them.

LittleWingSooner
2/4/2007, 10:39 PM
And back on track, the only QB i can think of that stunk it up worse than Grossman would have been O'Donnell.

Grossman was 20-28 for 165 threw 1 TD and 2 INTs.

Collins threw 4 picks in a Super Bowl against the Ravens.

Kelly threw 2 against Dallas in only 10 attempts. 4 INTs against Washington

Dan Marino was 29-50 for 318 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs

Elway threw 5 INTs and 1 TD in his first 2 SBs

Grossman's numbers for this game weren't bad for a losing team. He just had no help around him. In any phase of the game. Get off his back a little. The Bears just weren't as good as the Colts.

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 10:42 PM

Grossman's numbers for this game weren't bad for a losing team. He just had no help around him. In any phase of the game. Get off his back a little. The Bears just weren't as good as the Colts.Don't forget his misadventures with snaps and running backwards and falling down.

yermom
2/4/2007, 11:07 PM
or those horrible throws to the sideline in double coverage when they still had a shot to win

he makes awful decisions at times

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think anyone is saying Grossman lost the game on his own, but he did absolutely nothing to help his team have a chance except for the little TD throw to Muhammad. Also, when they got the ball back down only 5, he makes a horrible decision and throws the pick 6, then underthrows Berrian on the next series when that might have been 6 for the Bears; Grossman was very mediocre tonight and so was the Bears run defense.

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2007, 11:13 PM

Grossman's numbers for this game weren't bad for a losing team. He just had no help around him. In any phase of the game. Get off his
back a little. The Bears just weren't as good as the Colts.

It's not just the numbers though, it's the decisions he made when the Bears had a chance to win the game; i don't think any of those QB's you mentioned above were ever really in their games in the 4th quarter and made such bad decisions.

Vaevictis
2/4/2007, 11:19 PM
I don't think anyone is saying Grossman lost the game on his own, but he did absolutely nothing to help his team have a chance except for the little TD throw to Muhammad. Also, when they got the ball back down only 5, he makes a horrible decision and throws the pick 6, then underthrows Berrian on the next series when that might have been 6 for the Bears; Grossman was very mediocre tonight and so was the Bears run defense.

Grossman was also under pressure from four linemen pretty much all game, something that Chicago didn't match on defense.

Not to mention that Chicago's defensive plan appeared to be so scared ****less of the long ball that they pretty much yielded everything within five yards of the line of scrimmage for the vast majority of the game.

Shaz-Bot
2/4/2007, 11:29 PM
Neil O'Donnel may be close.

I think we have a winner.

sooneron
2/4/2007, 11:34 PM

It should be noted that this was against what was arguably the best D ever to set foot on a field.

TUSooner
2/4/2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, Grossman was crummy, but the biggest surprise was seeing Chicago's D-line get owned. They really missed Tommie

bluedogok
2/4/2007, 11:53 PM
They missed an offense being able to keep them off the field, that D was gassed especially with the injuries.

Time of Possession
Colts - 38:04
Bears - 21:56

LittleWingSooner
2/5/2007, 12:03 AM
It's not just the numbers though, it's the decisions he made when the Bears had a chance to win the game; i don't think any of those QB's you mentioned above were ever really in their games in the 4th quarter and made such bad decisions.

Most of the time those QBs were in the game in the 4th quarter.

TUSooner
2/5/2007, 12:06 AM
They missed an offense being able to keep them off the field, that D was gassed especially with the injuries.

Time of Possession
Colts - 38:04
Bears - 21:56
True, dat.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 01:35 AM
Did Da Bears ever really come close to touching Peyton Manning?

Sacked him once, I think.

Texas Golfer
2/5/2007, 01:47 AM
Lovie is just as much to blame for that loss as anyone by keeping Grossman in after around the middle of the 3rd qtr.

But Lovie has been defending Grossman all season. The Bears were winning in spite of Grossman, not because of him. Grossman didn't win any games this year but he's lost a couple. This being one of them.

yermom
2/5/2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, Grossman was crummy, but the biggest surprise was seeing Chicago's D-line get owned. They really missed Tommie

they were so thin, what did they lose 3 DTs during the season to injury?

Addai was gashing them at the end of the game

OUmillenium
2/5/2007, 10:01 AM
Grossman was pathetic. Laughable performance and I was slightly(because of the OU guys) pulling for da bears.

MikeInNorman
2/5/2007, 10:34 AM
New, updated list of worst QBs to ever play in a Super Bowl:

1. Joe Kapp
2. Rex Grossman
3. David Woodley
4. Kerry Collins

It's hard to put Dilfer on there because he won. Craig Morton makes some lists, but how terrible can you be if you had a chance to stink up two Super Bowls?

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 10:38 AM
When folks are asking, as I was, whether or not they thought Rex was going to have one of his good games or one of his lousy games, its definately time to get a new quarterback.

RedstickSooner
2/5/2007, 10:55 AM
Lovie is just as much to blame for that loss as anyone by keeping Grossman in after around the middle of the 3rd qtr.

But Lovie has been defending Grossman all season. The Bears were winning in spite of Grossman, not because of him. Grossman didn't win any games this year but he's lost a couple. This being one of them.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!

Grossman can't help sucking. It's up to the coach to figure out who should be on the field - not the players.

Be bitter about Grossman all you want -- you can't expect him to pull himself. I'm really surprised Bears fans haven't been more agitated towards Lovie about the loss.

SoonerStormchaser
2/5/2007, 11:18 AM
Ding ding ding ding ding!!

Grossman can't help sucking. It's up to the coach to figure out who should be on the field - not the players.

Be bitter about Grossman all you want -- you can't expect him to pull himself. I'm really surprised Bears fans haven't been more agitated towards Lovie about the loss.

It's the same mantra about Lovie vs. Rex that we SORTA had about Bob vs. Jason in the two MNC games.

soonerdave79
2/5/2007, 12:24 PM
I keep telling myself that it's probably best the bears defense didn't win it for 'em. I would hate to see Rex fumble the Lombardi trophy.

lcaldwell1
2/5/2007, 12:26 PM
yea i agree that he isnt the most consistent player, but man they had pressure on him every play...

85sooners
2/5/2007, 12:27 PM
bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot:

tulsaoilerfan
2/5/2007, 10:27 PM
Most of the time those QBs were in the game in the 4th quarter.
They may have been, but their team was already beaten; that was my only point, sorry i didn't clarify that.

Phantasm
2/5/2007, 11:48 PM
Since I live up here - where there the Bears are covered by the local media almost as much as ND, I would like to share my take.

The Bears were really hot the first part of the season, but were only fair to crappy the last half of the season. They ended the regular season with a blow-out loss to the Packers at Soldier Field (aka "the space ship").

Tommie Harris' production had dropped off before his season ending injury. Actually, the entire D-line's sack production dropped off to the level you would think it was OU's ! The same performance drop was seen in their run stopping. So, the Bear's performance on Sunday night was on par for the latter part of the season.

Rex played his typical game - within the OC's game plan. You should remember the OC, Ron Turner, was the fired U. of Illinois head coach, replaced by Ron Zook. I suppose you could see why Turner was fired from Illinois, with his play calling with the Bears. (For some of you old-timers, kinda' like: Kenny King up the middle, Kenny King up the middle, Kenny King up the middle, punt)

There was a lot of talk about putting Mark Bradley and Bernard Berrie in the game at the same time to stretch the safeties and corners - where Rex could attempt to hit either of the fast, long receivers or have Mark and Berrie clear out the middle for the other receivers.....Sure didn't see that play all evening. They should have played Mark much more than they did.....

Now, for the horn-dogs - Nathan Vasher played very good and Cedric the Un-entertainer - well, you saw how he "played."

Wait until next year, when Harris will return with Dusty Dvoracek joining him on the D-line. Mark Bradley will be the starting wide receiver and J.D. the starting fullback. Sort of the Sooners North.....

In summary, Colts were a much better team, peaking at the right time. Bears were on a downward spiral after peaking during the first half of the season.

Peyton's place is now solidified.

SoonerStormchaser
2/6/2007, 12:05 PM
Spek for your observations and optimism about the Chicago Sooners!

Ike
2/6/2007, 12:17 PM
I know everyone wants to throw Grossman under a bus right now, but in reality, I'm not concerned. He's shown often enough that he is good enough to be there, and in reality, this was his first complete season under center. His past two have been cut short due to injury. Granted, when he has an off day, he is terrible. But I think he can overcome it. I'm really not worried about him at all. At some point (maybe next year, maybe later) he'll get his streakiness under control and be a great QB.

I have a feeling that the Bears will be in contention for a super bowl again next year too. Especially if they can hang on to most of that D.

RedGiant
2/6/2007, 10:48 PM
Wow, Rex is a disaster at QB. He looked completely lost, confused, scared, and bumfuzzled the entire game. The OC tried to hide Rex as much as he could but Rex was so bad he still ended up screwing them. How bad do you have to be to get game planned out of a game and then still impact it to the point that you don't give your team a chance? If Lovie doesn't make a move at QB look for another meltdown next year.

sooneron
2/6/2007, 11:36 PM
New, updated list of worst QBs to ever play in a Super Bowl:

1. Joe Kapp
2. Rex Grossman
3. David Woodley
4. Kerry Collins

It's hard to put Dilfer on there because he won. Craig Morton makes some lists, but how terrible can you be if you had a chance to stink up two Super Bowls?
By not having O'Donnell in there, the list loses some cred.

O'Donnell was so bad, that the cb that intercepted him twice won the MVP.

Vaevictis
2/7/2007, 10:01 AM
I don't know why everyone is piling on. Everyone knew that Grossman is not an elite QB by any means, and that if they were going to win this game, they were going to need the defense and special teams to step up and win it. They didn't. End of story.