PDA

View Full Version : Warning: The Woodward Oklahoma Mazzios

MamaMia
2/4/2007, 09:03 PM
That pizza joint is crazy today. They took the phone off the hook, so my daughter and I went up there to order pizzas. She has a friend that took care of us but the place was a mad house. Standing room only. Customers were yelling. Pizzas were sitting absolutely everywhere. The manager was going bonkers, folks waiting forever, people going behind the counter and just taking pizzas! :eek:

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/4/2007, 09:30 PM
Huh?

Is there a riot in Woodward?

KaiserSooner
2/4/2007, 09:33 PM
The problem is you people in Woodward need to get better places to eat than Mazzios ;)

SoonerBorn68
2/4/2007, 09:46 PM
The whole town of Coalgate closes at 8pm so there's no riots here. :)

oumartin
2/4/2007, 10:07 PM
Mazzios= Not so good pizza,, if you don't mind waiting three hours you should order from pizza hut.

MamaMia
2/4/2007, 10:10 PM
Huh?

Is there a riot in Woodward?
Yes, there was a pizza riot of epic pepperoni proportions! :D

Rhino
2/4/2007, 11:44 PM
When I was younger, I ate at Pizza Hut in Beaver, Oklahoma and they were out of pizza sauce.

That's the only NW Oklahoma small town pizza story I have.

TUSooner
2/4/2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I scratched my plans to go to Woodward for dinner. :twinkies: :D

soonerboomer93
2/5/2007, 12:15 AM
I did always like their calzone rings

their pizza, not so much

TopDawg
2/5/2007, 12:18 AM
One time I went to Mazzios for their lunch buffet.

That's not the only Mazzios story I have, but it's the only one I can think of right now.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2007, 12:59 AM
Today we ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut on Lindsay. We waited to order until right after halftime. I went to pick up the pizza 15 minutes later - I was the only person there that wasn't an employee. Round trip took me 5 minutes.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/5/2007, 10:02 AM
That pizza joint is crazy today. They took the phone off the hook, so my daughter and I went up there to order pizzas. She has a friend that took care of us but the place was a mad house. Standing room only. Customers were yelling. Pizzas were sitting absolutely everywhere. The manager was going bonkers, folks waiting forever, people going behind the counter and just taking pizzas! :eek:

Well that's what you get when the best Mexican food restaurant in Western Oklahoma, Marie's Villa, closes. Where the heck am I going to get good chile rellenos now?

Ah well, Waggs BBQ is still pretty darn good. Ya just can't have it everyday...

Of course there is the original Sonic right there in Big Woo...

LilSooner
2/5/2007, 10:23 AM
Isn't it sad that I have the Woodward Mazzio's in my phone? I spend alot of my company's money there.

oumartin
2/5/2007, 10:24 AM
Waggs? you gotta be kidding me.
most the time its decent but there are tmes its downright gross.

MamaMia
2/5/2007, 10:54 AM
I usually make my own pizza but after making a big breakfast for everyone, I wasn't in the mood to cook again. I just wanted to relax and watch the Super Bowl game/commercials.

We do have a new Italian restaurant in town called Napolis. They have pizza but I've never tried it. I have tried a couple of his dishes. I liked them okay but the sauce was overcooked and I think he could do with less mozzarella. He doesn't even have fresh Parmesan! An Italian restaurant without fresh grated Parmesan? Whats that all about? I am willing to give it another try but I think he could use a few pointers from me. :D

mdklatt
2/5/2007, 10:56 AM
That pizza joint is crazy today.

During the Super Bowl? Who would have thunk.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2007, 10:58 AM
I picked up a bake at home pizza at Papa Murphy's. I think they have the best store bought pizza in town. It tastes homemade. Way better than Mazzio's or Pizza Slut.

Soonrboy
2/5/2007, 11:55 AM
I first read this as the Woodward Maffioso...

and what is this Papa Murphy's of which I hear whispers?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2007, 02:22 PM
Papa Murphy's is a strictly take and bake place. They make your pizza to order and you take it home and bake it yourself. All of their ingredients are supa.fresh.

Petro-Sooner
2/5/2007, 02:57 PM
I dont know what you yahoos are talking about. Mazzios is the best chain pizza joints there is.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/5/2007, 03:43 PM
nm

soonerboy_odanorth
2/12/2007, 11:01 AM
Waggs? you gotta be kidding me.
most the time its decent but there are tmes its downright gross.

I haven't had the gross meal from there yet... Though I only hit it about once a year. And I really haven't done the dine-in for dinner... just lunch. And typically I just get a sammich... which I suppose is pretty hard to screw up.

When we've done dinner from Waggs its a huge family take-out order.... ribs 'n brisket. And it certainly has never been bad.

Though, this is coming from someone, mind you, that can't get any decent freaking BBQ here in Minnesota except for one joint that is straight outta Dallas called Baker's Ribs. And it's hard on me going in there because they've got Texas, aTm, and TT shiite plastered all over the place.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/12/2007, 11:02 AM
And again I say... it sucks that Marie's closed.

OzarkSooner
2/12/2007, 11:15 AM
I went to the Burger King in Lebanon Missouri one time whilst visitin' there. I go up to the counter to order a BURGER and the girl tells me, "We're out of burgers." I'm like WHAT???!!! You ARE THE BURGER KING? She failed to acknowledge the irony of the situation which made me a little crazy. I seem to remember I had a chicken sandwich.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/12/2007, 01:06 PM
I went to the Burger King in Lebanon Missouri one time whilst visitin' there. I go up to the counter to order a BURGER and the girl tells me, "We're out of burgers." I'm like WHAT???!!! You ARE THE BURGER KING? She failed to acknowledge the irony of the situation which made me a little crazy. I seem to remember I had a chicken sandwich.

That...... is hilarious!