PDA

View Full Version : Jackass the Movie

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/4/2007, 12:21 PM
So last night Jaime4OU and I were at a house party. Somehow Jackass the Movie ended up in the DVD player.

My question is why the hell do guys think this is so funny? Also, how realistic are the stunts? Do guys really sit around and do this crap when women aren't there?

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 12:28 PM
I never found jackass particularly funny, but the answer to the second part is many guys do, especially if alcohol is involved. I've seen people do enough stupid stuff to know that those stunts are pretty realistic. As an addendum, if there is even a hint that said stupid **** will impress a chick, that hint will act as a lever, exponetially increasing the possibility for additional stupidity.

Melo
2/4/2007, 12:44 PM
I saw Jackass 2 at the movie theater twice. Not of my own accord, but the bf wanted to see it. I think he sees life as one big jackass movie and him as the star.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2007, 01:03 PM
It IS funny stuff for lots of men. I don't think I could watch a whole movie's worth of that idiocy, though.

proud gonzo
2/4/2007, 01:08 PM
So last night Jaime4OU and I were at a house party. Somehow Jackass the Movie ended up in the DVD player.

My question is why the hell do guys think this is so funny? Also, how realistic are the stunts? Do guys really sit around and do this crap when women aren't there?i think many of them are realistic as in the idiots in the movie actually did the stupid things they appear to be doing. And I don't think many guys (other than retarded teenagers) actually do things like that. I think that's kinda the point.

Chuck Bao
2/4/2007, 01:13 PM
I'm definitely not into watching genital torture and it seems that was a big part of Jackass 2.

As a party video, it rawks because everyone will be either disgusted or laugh at it.

On the other hand, the Jackass series pretty much reflects, I think, a lot of kids idea of cool - do something stupid and get it posted on youtube. You're made if you have a youtube video.

This whole stupid thing to attract attention will probably go much, much further downhill from here and be much less original. Hopefully, I'm wrong and we get funny good as opposed to funny self abuse.

IronSooner
2/4/2007, 01:34 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. I actually rented it on the advice of a girl friend of mine. Another on the list of things I just don't get. Maybe one or two of the stunts were funny, most were just downright stupid. I (almost) can't believe they made a 2nd. Almost.

proud gonzo
2/4/2007, 01:36 PM
there were a couple of things they did that were funny... most of them i couldn't stand to watch because it's just retarded. i've never seen the whole movie and i'm never going to contribute money to them in any way. good lord.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/4/2007, 01:38 PM
Sometimes, the stunts really crack me up.

But those fools like to be nekked around each other waaaaay too much.

Viking Kitten
2/4/2007, 01:39 PM
Did Kid 'n' Play show up? ;)

http://www.sharkygames.com/games/columns/beatdown/45/houseparty.jpg

yermom
2/4/2007, 02:20 PM
i kinda felt bad for some of the guys in the 2nd one, i mean to stay fresh they have to do stuff that tops the crap they've done before

it's not like most of them have real careers in movies or anything, so they are kinda bound to make these things

you could tell a couple of them weren't really into it anymore, i doubt there will be another one

that being said, some of that stuff is just funny in a "oh my god, i'd never do that" sort of way. yep, that's semen.

they even got Jay Charcjasnaakjsdar to be in the second one :D

soonerboomer93
2/4/2007, 06:02 PM
yeah, there were a couple that didn't seem very hot about the second one and they even mentioned that they didn't want to do a 3rd one.

Some of the stuff, is funny because not all of it's stunts, more like an R-Rated candid camera skit. Some of the stunts are greatness, others, not so much.

the_ouskull
2/4/2007, 06:14 PM
They're just being f*cked up for the sake of being f*cked up, and if other people want to laugh along, then so be it. I think that they're funny as Hell. I mean, just as with anything, there are some hits and misses, but, overall, I think that they're funny. The old man stuff from the first movie was awesome. ("An old man who steals, I can't believe it..." "I was Lon Cheany's lover.")

I agree wholeheartedly that it's not for everybody, but I admit to being a fan. Don't try to over-analyze it. If you don't like it, don't watch it, and certainly don't force the issue.

...and yes, I did do this sort of thing when I was younger. I was a skateboarder.

the_ouskull

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2007, 07:49 AM
Sometimes, the stunts really crack me up.

But those fools like to be nekked around each other waaaaay too much."But we're straight!!!"

Melo
2/5/2007, 09:43 AM
After watching the second one, I tried... VERY HARD... to get my friend to do the 'snake in the ball pen' bidness. Except instead of those boas, or anacondas, or wtf ever they were, he should get in there with his cobras.

It would be funny, you know it would be. You just cant beat that.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/5/2007, 11:00 AM
After watching the second one, I tried... VERY HARD... to get my friend to do the 'snake in the ball pen' bidness. Except instead of those boas, or anacondas, or wtf ever they were, he should get in there with his cobras.

It would be funny, you know it would be. You just cant beat that.Um yeah, snakes rank right up there with bees for me.

yermom
2/5/2007, 11:04 AM
i can dodge the bad end of a freaking huge snake a lot easier than a bunch of bees

they even got the cameraman on that one :D

Melo
2/5/2007, 11:04 AM
I like snakes. I like LOOKING at them. Ones like boas and stuff dont bother me, Ill pull them out and wrap them around me. This friend of mine had cobras and rattlesnakes. I got to see the 8 foot rattlesnake. I would never play with those. Mean bastards. (I'm pretty sure theyre also illegal).

There was just something about watching this ********* open the cobra cage and playing with this thing that could totally screw his world up. And by screw his world up, I mean end his life. That thing came close to biting him a few times. Good times, good times.

IB4OU2
2/5/2007, 12:16 PM
Who the heck would stick a large hook through their cheek and get trolled around the ocean while being chased by sharks? :eek:

yermom
2/5/2007, 12:18 PM
Steve-O

the same guy that pierced his butt-cheeks together

Melo
2/5/2007, 12:51 PM
Steve-O

the same guy that pierced his butt-cheeks together

Haha. I remember that episode, vaguely. Personally, I love the self portrait on his back:

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/829/74b/82974b9d-ba84-40a7-960b-cff13d98b57b.large-profile.jpg

BoogercountySooner
2/5/2007, 12:52 PM
I'm definitely not into watching genital torture and it seems that was a big part of Jackass 2.

Speaking of genital abuse! I once witnessed this Idiot out at Little river at the end of Rock Creek rd. I beleive Jump naked out of a tree and he straddled the rope hanging from the tree as he was going down. You could see that rope jump as his junk was hitting the knots in the rope on the way down.

He was hauled off in an ambulance afterwords. His junk was almost torn off.

picasso
2/5/2007, 01:02 PM
#2 sucked and was incredibly sick. the horse sperm and Steve-o's inema.

no thanks. and you can keep the stool samples.