PDA

View Full Version : UFC sixty something... 2-4-07

tbl
2/4/2007, 12:30 AM
It's confirmed. Cro-Cop is one of the baddest men I've ever seen in my life. I mean that guy is just wicked with his skills. I feel sorry for the winner of the Couture/Sylvia fight. I like the Natural, but I'd like to see Sylvia face Cro-Cop so CC could beat the everloving shiznit out of him. What an animal...

Rampage was pretty good, but I wasn't that impressed. I'd definitely like to see he and Liddell square off again.

I can't believe Lutter couldn't overcome Sylva in the BJJ. I knew he was gonna get him, but he kept using that stand up move to get out of full guard, and it was just a matter of time before the Spider sunk in that triangle. From what I saw, it didn't look like Lutter tapped out (thought that triangle was sunk in for quite a while, and tight too).

I loves the UFC.

The only thing that really sucks is that you have to go to a sports bar to watch it (the alternative of forking over $50 isn't an option). Tonight I was surrounded by Georgia's finest out for a night on the town. Two fights almost broke out right next to me, while I was going solo at my little 2 seater table. If I wasn't so good looking I'd be embarrassed to sit by myself. :texan:

Turd_Ferguson
2/4/2007, 01:02 AM
I thought the best part of the event, was the two little 150 #ers at the end. They got after it!

TF

tbl
2/4/2007, 01:04 AM
For like 15 seconds. That fight blew. ;)

I was hoping the ref wouldn't call the Cro-Cop fight till the next round. I just dig watching that dude fight.

Turd_Ferguson
2/4/2007, 01:11 AM
yea, Crocop reminds me of Vladimir or Vitaly Klitschko. Mean SOB's. I don't know if Chuck wants any part of him.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 01:16 AM
Cro-Cop is just sick. The only one who tops him is Fedor. Actually, Fedor is pretty boring to watch sometimes, but he just kills people. He tossed Cro-Cop around like a ragdoll.

But I do love me some Cro-Cop. Total warrior.

silverwheels
2/4/2007, 01:17 AM
Didn't get to watch it tonight, but Cro Cop is one mean mother. When he swings that left leg around, you just know something bad is going to happen, and it's going to be glorious to watch.

Turd_Ferguson
2/4/2007, 01:18 AM
The only thing that really sucks is that you have to go to a sports bar to watch it (the alternative of forking over $50 isn't an option).
I forked over the 39.95. Wifey is at work catchin babies. I'm at home verifying inebriation studies.:D She won't see the bill till next month, so I'm clear till then.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2007, 01:47 AM
Didn't get to watch it tonight, but Cro Cop is one mean mother. When he swings that left leg around, you just know something bad is going to happen, and it's going to be glorious to watch.

Yep.:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWx5Y_-sh-U

Melo
2/4/2007, 01:02 PM
UFC 67. CMON, NOW!

I watched it, and I loved every minute of it. The Rampage and Eastman fight did nothing for me. Cropcop fight was good... lumbering around in his little hotpants... the other guy... Eddie Sanchez? Stood around for longer than I expected, though. It was pretty funny how towards the end, he just had that 'knocked silly' look to his face. The cropcop means business. ANd I liked the little pants, just in case no one heard me before.

The lightweight fight - Huerta and Halverson - was alright. It was over so quickly. It really DID look like he kneed Halverson in the face, though. They showed one view there at the end, though, that proved it was more towards his shoulder area.

And what about the middleweight fight? Cote and Smith. I was pretty unimpressed with that. Cote's fighting annoyed me, but I thought SMith's little mock 'fighting stance' halfway through was pretty damned funny.

I thought it was pretty gay that Lutter didnt make weight. Not much I have to say on that fight. Neither of them are my favorite fighters, neither of the did anything for me.

Glad to see The Iceman in the audience!

Frozen Sooner
2/4/2007, 01:05 PM
So I watched last night. First one I've ever watched sober-I watched the last one with everyone down in Phoenix in January, but had no idea what was going on.

I was a bit shocked at the amount of gay innuendo that the announcers were using. NTTAWWT.

The final match showed a lot of wrestling skill. The counters that the dude who won was using were textbook wrestling moves.

I was a bit confused why they kept calling a figure-four a triangle, but that dude certainly got it sunk on the head and arm pretty well.

OUAndy1807
2/4/2007, 01:06 PM
I haven't been into the UFC, but I went to check out some Crocop clips on youtube and I might have to get into this. Now that boxing pretty much sucks, this might be worth checking out.

tbl
2/4/2007, 01:46 PM
UFC 67. CMON, NOW!

I watched it, and I loved every minute of it. The Rampage and Eastman fight did nothing for me. Cropcop fight was good... lumbering around in his little hotpants... the other guy... Eddie Sanchez? Stood around for longer than I expected, though. It was pretty funny how towards the end, he just had that 'knocked silly' look to his face. The cropcop means business. ANd I liked the little pants, just in case no one heard me before.

The lightweight fight - Huerta and Halverson - was alright. It was over so quickly. It really DID look like he kneed Halverson in the face, though. They showed one view there at the end, though, that proved it was more towards his shoulder area.

And what about the middleweight fight? Cote and Smith. I was pretty unimpressed with that. Cote's fighting annoyed me, but I thought SMith's little mock 'fighting stance' halfway through was pretty damned funny.

I thought it was pretty gay that Lutter didnt make weight. Not much I have to say on that fight. Neither of them are my favorite fighters, neither of the did anything for me.

Glad to see The Iceman in the audience!
So you loved every minute of it, yet the only fight you then go on to explain enjoying is the Cro-Cop fight... :confused:

:P

Smiths crane kick was pretty funny, but that dudes all about being a goof. The fight with him and Drago was awesome. If you haven't seen it, you have to check it out. Cote just played it safe the entire time and IMO does not deserve another UFC fight.

In response to Turd Ferg, Cro-Cop is a heavyweight, so Liddel won't be seeing him (lucky for Chuck). I liked the way Cro-Cop was completely uninterested during the post fight interview with Rogan. I've always thought the "now talk us through the knockout" shtick was retarded, and apparently CC felt the same way. It won't be long till he gets the belt and keeps it till he retires.

tbl
2/4/2007, 01:53 PM
I haven't been into the UFC, but I went to check out some Crocop clips on youtube and I might have to get into this. Now that boxing pretty much sucks, this might be worth checking out.
It totally is. I have a feeling that it's going to end up completely dominating the fighting sport segment and boxing will go by the wayside. There's so much more talent involved, and IMO it's way more entertaining. You can see the different skills employed and how opponents strengths match up against one another.

Like last night, Silva is an amazing striker, and Lutter is a world champion BJJ champion, yet Silva submitted Lutter. Totally not what was supposed to happen, but just goes to show how how well rounded these guys are.

The marriage of Spike and the UFC has completely changed things.

tbl
2/4/2007, 01:56 PM
Lest any of us forget who the actual baddest man alive is... at least by these judges reckoning. ;) I agree he's not as exciting as CC, but he just knows how to fight. Plus he has hands that appear to be made of lead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pwRF6M7N4 Interesting to see who's backing up on this one.

Melo
2/4/2007, 02:41 PM
So you loved every minute of it, yet the only fight you then go on to explain enjoying is the Cro-Cop fight... :confused:

I LOVE watching them, and every fight I watch, I try to stay interested in what is going on. But this round was rather disappointing. Not every match can be incredibly entertaining. I love it enough to keep going back, though.