PDA

View Full Version : So...what's the over/under

Scott D
2/3/2007, 10:45 PM
on how many shows until Eddie kicks him out again.

David Lee Roth Back As Van Halen Singer
Van Halen to Reunite With Original Singer David Lee Roth for Summer Tour of North America

LOS ANGELES Feb 3, 2007 (AP)— The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

On the Net:

http://www.van-halen.com

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

royalfan5
2/3/2007, 10:53 PM
I hope this tour ends with them having to call Gary Cheron back. Also, I just can't picture them without Michael Anthony.

VeeJay
2/3/2007, 10:54 PM
Is David Lee taking a leave of absence from his paramedic job?