PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Hall of Fame

StoopTroup
2/3/2007, 04:02 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/JackieChiles/irvrant.jpg

royalfan5
2/4/2007, 10:43 AM
I agree that Art Monk is getting screwed over. Between him and Buck O'Neil to very deserving people have gotten the short end of the stick from the major HOF's recently. Goose Gossage too.

jk the sooner fan
2/4/2007, 10:56 AM
make all the irvin jokes you want....regardless what he did off the field, his on the field play is deserving of the HOF

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2007, 11:03 AM
Some people just don't like America's Team. :D

85sooners
2/4/2007, 11:07 AM
cocaine sniffer

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2007, 11:09 AM
hall of Famer

I know! Isn't it great!

MichiganSooner
2/4/2007, 11:40 AM
Charlie Sanders elected. Amen.

Why not Art Monk?

LittleWingSooner
2/4/2007, 05:25 PM
Art Monk, Ray Guy, Bob Boyd, Paul Tagliabue(sp?) should all be in.

GrapevineSooner
2/4/2007, 08:59 PM
As should Bob Hayes and Drew Pearson.

This is bound to start a debate ;)

And speaking of yesterday's ceremonies.

But this long shot came through. It figures, because Wehrli could always run fast. In praising Wehrli's ability, new Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders candidly raised an interesting aspect of Wehrli's career: race. In the last few decades, the NFL cornerback position has been predominantly manned by black players, and Wehrli is white.

"To be very honest with you, when you look at the secondary, you would think that this was a guy you'd be able to take advantage of," Sanders said. "Those who played in my era will understand what I'm saying. You didn't typically see non-Afro Americans playing that position. But he represented, very well. How did he get where he is right now? Basically because he brought an attitude, along with skill, along with quickness. And I give all the credit to the Cardinals for recognizing that talent and putting him into position where he could end up in the Hall of Fame."

Now, I don't consider what Sanders said as being racist. Perhaps this is because I'm grown up about this.

But can you imagine if, say, a white defensive player in the HOF admitted they thought they initially could take advantage of Warren Moon because of his skin color?

sooneron
2/4/2007, 09:05 PM
Monk should have signaled for a first down after every catch.

Cam
2/4/2007, 09:13 PM
Art Monk, Ray Guy, Bob Boyd, Paul Tagliabue(sp?) should all be in.
It took Pete Rozelle 7 or 8 attempts to be voted in. Tagliabue's going to have to wait. The last major contribution to his role as commissioner, the latest collective bargaining agreement, isn't even done yet.

StoopTroup
2/4/2007, 10:19 PM
I've always felt that the HOF should limit the inductions to players.

If they want to make a place there for Front Office and Coaches then that should be separate IMO.

BeetDigger
2/4/2007, 10:24 PM

Yeah, they should just put in ALL of the Cowboys.

Funny how Gary Zimmerman, a member of TWO All Decade Teams still isn't in.

jacru
2/4/2007, 11:06 PM

Now, I don't consider what Sanders said as being racist. Perhaps this is because I'm grown up about this.

But can you imagine if, say, a white defensive player in the HOF admitted they thought they initially could take advantage of Warren Moon because of his skin color?
good point. we all have come to accept the reality of the double standard.

jacru
2/4/2007, 11:08 PM
Some people just don't like America's Team. :D
America's Team is just a nostalgic memory.:(

Collier11
2/5/2007, 01:34 AM
Is it just me or is the HOF supposed to be the Best of the Best, the top 1 or 2% of athletes in whatever sport it may be? I am getting sick of people getting elected for being REALLY GOOD. Good for them, but some of these people are not HOF'ers

Fraggle145
2/5/2007, 02:26 AM

http://cwraa.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=regCZXBIJ48

:pop:

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/5/2007, 10:21 AM
Over/Under of Rex Grossman getting in the HOF

;)

SteelClip49
2/5/2007, 02:02 PM
Janitors, trainers and concession workers should be eligible for the hall of fame if they are going to allow Michael Irvin in. The Hall of Fame is based on a superb career which he had and off the field contributions which he doesn't know a damn thing about. All he did after football was get in trouble with the law, purchase drugs, blame a friend for his cocaine or marijuana whatever it was possession and work for the always biased ESPN. Hell, he makes Lou Holtz make more sense. Irvin talking is more of a cocaine slur.

BTW, Dallas never was America's team. They havn't done anything since Switzer, other than embarrass themselves in the 1998 playoffs losing to the Cardinals and a Tony Romo mistake.

StoopTroup
2/5/2007, 02:39 PM
What has Pittsburgh's QB done since winning the SB?

http://www.bsnews.org/articles/images/1138641118_111.2.jpg

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/5/2007, 03:43 PM
Induct JOE WASHINGTON!

That is all.