PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Visits

Mjcpr
2/3/2007, 11:22 AM
OUInsider says this is a big visit weekend for us (football and basketball) .....anyone know who is supposed to be in this weekend?

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2007, 11:24 AM
It's Junior Day or something. There is supposed to be a large contingent of very good recruits for next year's class, with Justin Johnson and R.J. Washington headlining.

Collier11
2/3/2007, 02:05 PM
We have over 50 football potentials here. Plus Jai Lucas, im not sure who else for bball

Rhino
2/3/2007, 02:37 PM
There's a whole lot more, but here's some I've seen mentioned:

2007:
PK Jimmy Stevens (Heritage Hall) -committed
Maybe one certain flip-flopper

2008:
DE RJ Washington -committed
DE Stacey McGee (Muskogee)
WR Jameel Owens (Muskogee)
WR Jeff Fuller (McKinney, TX)
WR Chance Blackmon (Tatum, TX)
RB Justin Johnson (Gilmer, TX)
RB Sam McGuffie (Cypress, TX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygKqRMd94U
RB Harrison Jeffers (Lawton Ike)
RB Jermie Calhoun (Van, TX)
RB Lester Ward (Brenham, TX)
QB/RB Kye Staley (Guthrie)
QB Riley Dodge (Southlake Carroll)
QB/ATH Lonzie Range (Creekville, TX)
QB Nathan Stanley (Tahlequah)
OL JB Shugarts (Klein, TX)
OL Stephen Goode (Paris, TX)
OL Ben Habern (Argyle, TX)
OL John Williams (Booker T)
DT Troy Franklin (Celina, TX)
DT Thomas Ascraft (Cedar Hill, TX)
LB Arthur Brown (Wichita, KS)
LB Chris Gipson (Dallas, TX)
DB John Flanders (Midwest City)
DB Hezekiah Robinson (Midwest City)
DB Jordan Fields (Paris, TX)

2009:
RB Bryce Brown (Wichita, KS)

Basketball:
PG Jai Lucas (Bellaire, TX)
SF Rodney Alexander (Redlands CC)
PF Blake Griffin (Oklahoma Christian) -signed LOI

2008:
G/F Steve Tchiengang (Houston, TX)

2009:
PF Kyle Hardrick (Norman) -committed

Women's Basketball:
C/F Alyssia Brewer (Sapulpa)
F Nneka Ogwumike (Houston, TX)

Collier11
2/3/2007, 02:40 PM
good work as always Rhino

KingDavid
2/4/2007, 12:43 AM
i feel bad for the poor kid that Sam McGuffie hurdled. isn't he being recruited by Texas?

TopDawg
2/4/2007, 12:58 AM
i feel bad for the poor kid that Sam McGuffie hurdled. isn't he being recruited by Texas?

McGuffie or the guy he hurdled?

insuranceman_22
2/4/2007, 01:26 AM
Rhino, you are impressive.....thanks!

Rhino
2/4/2007, 03:47 AM
That's what she said.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/4/2007, 09:30 AM
John Lucas(The Dad) said that they REALLY loved Jeff Capel and that they were impressed with how hands on that Capel was and how he participated with the team in certain drills. They said that Lloyd Noble was good not great. He seemed to think Capel was going to help us accomplish great things regardless. His wife said that they had already visited Ok State, Maryland, and one other I can't remember, I think she said something NC State. They seemed to be really impressed from my conversation, hopefully we can pull some big time kids with Capel!!

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2007, 11:00 AM
John Lucas(The Dad) said that they REALLY loved Jeff Capel and that they were impressed with how hands on that Capel was and how he participated with the team in certain drills. They said that Lloyd Noble was good not great. He seemed to think Capel was going to help us accomplish great things regardless. His wife said that they had already visited Ok State, Maryland, and one other I can't remember, I think she said something NC State. They seemed to be really impressed from my conversation, hopefully we can pull some big time kids with Capel!!

While I want to have him on our team, remember how much they showed his dad on TV with John III was playing on TV? Ugh.

okienole3
2/4/2007, 04:31 PM
From where I was sitting, it looked like they were having a good time. Papa Lucas was having a very animated conversation with Tubbs.

trwxxa
2/4/2007, 05:09 PM
Was Jai with him? I know he had a game in Houston Saturday.

I know he has some interest in both Kentucky and Florida.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/4/2007, 05:25 PM
I would assume so, I just talked to Deedgra and John though

KingDavid
2/4/2007, 05:28 PM
McGuffie or the guy he hurdled?

the guy McGuffie hurdled has already signed with Texas's track team. He will be competing in the 110 high hurdles . . . as one of the hurdles.

And actually, for the record, McGuffie did more than just hurdle that dude. He STEPPED ON HIS HEAD. He left CLEAT MARKS on the back of the poor fella's helmet.