PDA

View Full Version : You guys ever work with someone

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2007, 01:42 AM
that is wrong 99% of the time? This guy I work with just likes to hear himself talk is all I can figure. He just makes up crap. About stupid stuff. Yesterday he and a directional driller were talking about how much the CEO of our company makes. The driller said it was probably a few million a year. This guy says that there's no way that our CEO makes more than 800,000/yr because we're a public company yadda yadda yadda. A quick Google search showed that our CEO made $8,833,333 in 2005 and had another $3MM in unexcersied stock options.

Tonight he's said some more stuff like that. I don't correct him anymore. I just leave him be and do a lot of nodding accompanied with, 'I can't believe that' or 'amazing' or 'I never knew that'.

For the record. Shale is a source rock. I don't care what this guy says.

jacru
2/3/2007, 02:10 AM
Was he like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrqy5S-H_A)?

Tailwind
2/3/2007, 06:59 AM
My older sister is exactly like that.

AlbqSooner
2/3/2007, 07:39 AM
Cliff Clavin

Tailwind
2/3/2007, 07:45 AM
There you go. :D

royalfan5
2/3/2007, 10:12 AM
My old roommate was that way, eventually he got ****ed at me for ignoring or correcting everything he said.

jrsooner
2/3/2007, 10:26 AM
that is wrong 99% of the time? This guy I work with just likes to hear himself talk is all I can figure. He just makes up crap. About stupid stuff.Dang...my new (soon to be ex as of Tuesday when I give my resignation) director is wrong in every project she's started. She blows about a 1/2 to a full million on projects each year and nothing is accomplished from it. After 3 layoffs in the past 6 months due to controlling finances, she's still here! We just think she has pictures of somebody. :)

OCUDad
2/3/2007, 10:56 AM
Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, "makes" only $1/year if you're just counting salary. Executive compensation can get pretty complicated: salary, bonus, incentives, and stock options of various kinds. So when you have arguments about how much your CEO makes, it's probably worthwhile to define just what you mean. It's easy to believe your CEO makes $800,000 in salary, but over $8 million when the other parts of his/her compensation are factored in.

Just sayin'.

MamaMia
2/3/2007, 11:02 AM
Yes, I have worked with, and for, some extremely annoying and dishonest people. Thats one reason I went into business for myself at a very young age. I found that even when you own your own company, you still have to do business with annoying and dishonest people, but at least you have the option of cutting it short.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2007, 11:07 AM
I post with this guy on SF that doesn't know ****.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36546

Maybe you've heard of him?

Howzit
2/3/2007, 12:48 PM
I post with this guy on SF that doesn't know ****.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36546

Maybe you've heard of him?

Yes, but the difference is that I KNOW I don't know ****.

King Crimson
2/3/2007, 01:08 PM
howzit=socrates.

i used to work with this little punk *** dude named Toby. dude was like the only person on planet earth who didn't know Toby was FOS.

Howzit
2/3/2007, 01:20 PM
howzit=socrates.

JohnnyMack=Testacles, that Greek philsophizer that talked about rainbows...like...all the time.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2007, 01:23 PM
I think I am that guy. :(

SoonerGirl06
2/3/2007, 08:34 PM
Yep. My director doesn't know squat. I have to explain her what everything is and how it's supposed to be done. I would complain to the CEO, but she's married to him. :(

Oldnslo
2/3/2007, 11:39 PM
Wait. They're not called French Benefits?

proud gonzo
2/3/2007, 11:50 PM
i went to school with a guy like that. He told us tornados are square.

VeeJay
2/4/2007, 07:55 AM
I work with a guy like that. He's in another dept., thank God.

If there is ever a water cooler conversation going on, this guy snuffs it out and gets involved. No matter what the conversation is on - he knows it all.

Two women could be talking about yeast infections and he's gonna be the expert, offering knowledge and advice.

He's also the guy who goes to meetings asking off the topic questions, letting everyone in the room know that he is clueless.

Amazing how some people by their mid-40's have slacked their way through their careers and held on.

SoonerGirl06
2/4/2007, 10:33 AM
I work with a guy like that. He's in another dept., thank God.

If there is ever a water cooler conversation going on, this guy snuffs it out and gets involved. No matter what the conversation is on - he knows it all.

Two women could be talking about yeast infections and he's gonna be the expert, offering knowledge and advice.

He's also the guy who goes to meetings asking off the topic questions, letting everyone in the room know that he is clueless.

Amazing how some people by their mid-40's have slacked their way through their careers and held on.

Amazing how they seem to be the ones getting the promotions as well.

Skysooner
2/4/2007, 11:18 AM
Shale is both a source rock and a reservoir rock if it has natural fractures and reasonable permeability.