PDA

View Full Version : Peterson on Best Damn...

Brasky7
2/3/2007, 01:31 AM
flippin through and saw that Adrian is gonna be on The Best Damn Sports Show Period, sometime in the next hour...

CatfishSooner
2/3/2007, 03:43 AM
sweeet.

StoopTroup
2/3/2007, 11:50 AM
For those of us who may have not caught the show....

What happened?

Brasky7
2/3/2007, 02:41 PM
For those of us who may have not caught the show....

What happened?

well, i don't remember much, but i know he said he wouldn't mind playing for the texans.

and of course they asked him about the fiesta bowl, he handled it w/ class, as always...

MichiganSooner
2/3/2007, 04:51 PM
The Lions will have the 2nd pick. Think the texans have a chance? I have cheered for Lions since 1960's cause I came from there. Pathetic franchise. But they have had Steve Owens, Billy Sims, and now Teddy Lehman. Of couse Barry Sanders, too.

TripleOption14
2/3/2007, 06:03 PM
The Lions will have the 2nd pick. Think the texans have a chance? I have cheered for Lions since 1960's cause I came from there. Pathetic franchise. But they have had Steve Owens, Billy Sims, and now Teddy Lehman. Of couse Barry Sanders, too.

Much as i would love to see AD in Detroit it's simply not gonna happen. They have Kevin Jones anyway. Plus, they need to focus on the defensive side of the ball. The only offensive player they need to even think about taking is a QB. Kitna is serviceable but he's getting up there in age.

Scott D
2/3/2007, 06:34 PM

too much invested in Kevin Jones like TO14 said, also they picked up Brian Calhoun last year and have a lot of money tied up in the two of them. Millen's stupid, but not that stupid.

TripleOption14
2/3/2007, 06:42 PM
I will say this though. Kevin Jones has got about 1 1/2 years to prove he is a good back. If he does nothing this upcoming year the clock will be DEFINITELY ticking with him.

The Lions actually did surprisely good in last year draft by FINALLY going defense first!! Ernie Sims was all over the place last year. They need to pick defense first again and then move to the O-line in the second and third rounds finishing with more defensive players!!!

Scott D
2/3/2007, 06:43 PM
if they go defense first round then Marinelli had input on the pick. If they go Joe Thomas in the first round, then Martz may have had input. If they go Calvin Johnson, then it was all Millen :D

TripleOption14
2/3/2007, 06:58 PM
if they go defense first round then Marinelli had input on the pick. If they go Joe Thomas in the first round, then Martz may have had input. If they go Calvin Johnson, then it was all Millen :D

If they go Calvin Johnson i am SERIOUSLY done with them!!!!!! :D I'm turning in my Lions t-shirts and Lions skully and i'll be a free agent!! :D

They better be picking either Leon Hall, Alan Branch, or Joe Thomas PERIOD!!!!!!!!! :D

Archangel
2/3/2007, 07:25 PM
Note on Kevin Jones, he sprained his Lisfranc joint (joint in foot), the same injury Teddy Lehman suffered in 2005. Very hard injury to come back from and takes a very long time to rehab. Took Teddy well over a year to come back, and we still don't know if he can play at his former level, so there are some serious questions about Kevin Jones. I do know Warrick Dunn sprained his at one point and he's came back, but it's different with everyone.

Detroit also lacks a proven 2nd back.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/3/2007, 08:29 PM
cool

badger
2/4/2007, 01:38 AM
(crosses fingers) green bay green bay green bay (crosses fingers harder) play for the packers, AD! (fingers break from crossing too hard) OUch.

Ash
2/4/2007, 09:58 AM
(crosses fingers) green bay green bay green bay (crosses fingers harder) play for the packers, AD! (fingers break from crossing too hard) OUch.

Even AD couldn't make Favre play better - he should just retire.:eek:

;) I keed, I keed!!! :texan:

85sooners
2/4/2007, 11:08 AM
bears

Vic n Tulsa
2/4/2007, 12:04 PM
bears

Boy there's a real football genius! Here's your bold prediction for 2007, Defending Super Bowl Champions Bears trade entire football team to trade up and select running back Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma with the first pick. Da Bears become the first team in NFL history to play 2 man offense and repeat as Super Bowl champions!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2007, 01:22 PM
Boy there's a real football genius! Here's your bold prediction for 2007, Defending Super Bowl Champions Bears trade entire football team to trade up and select running back Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma with the first pick. Da Bears become the first team in NFL history to play 2 man offense and repeat as Super Bowl champions!Calm down, tiger. You don't really think the boy is serious, do you?

SoonerStud615
2/4/2007, 03:49 PM
He is.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/5/2007, 07:57 AM
We shall never know

yermom
2/5/2007, 08:08 AM
i still want to see two Adrian Petersons on the same team, then maybe on the field at the same time :D

RedstickSooner
2/5/2007, 10:10 AM
Boy there's a real football genius! Here's your bold prediction for 2007, Defending Super Bowl Champions Bears trade entire football team to trade up and select running back Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma with the first pick. Da Bears become the first team in NFL history to play 2 man offense and repeat as Super Bowl champions!

Relax, amigo. Heck, maybe the guy figured the dipshiites who were commenting at the Senior Bowl were right, and AD isn't even in the top 5 of RBs this year.

I was dumbfounded watching the senior bowl, and seeing all the seniors and juniors they listed in their top 15 best players -- with AD completely missing.

Probably missed it, but can I assume we had some good threads about those asshats?

Sco
2/5/2007, 07:48 PM
I'm kinda hoping that somehow, some way, AD is passed by the first 13 teams so that he can join my Panthers and replace Foster. That would rock.

But it ain't gonna happen.

soonerboomer93
2/5/2007, 08:11 PM
Denver's gonna get him :D