PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Fireman

MiccoMacey
2/2/2007, 03:00 PM
Did you promote yesterday? I heard seven people came off the list. If so, congrats. Where did you land?

BTW, for those who don't know about our promotion policy and what he had to go through, he was asked 150 questions covering (I believe) six different huge training books (easily 200 pages each), our Administrative Operating Procedures, and our Emergency Operating Procedures. Our man Tulsa Fireman was in the top ten (not sure of our exact number). Which means out of several thousands of pages of material covered, he missed probably around five questions. People study and give up huge amounts of personal and family time in order to do this (usually around three to four months studying 12-14 hours a day every day).

Usually over 100-150 people take this test and they only take the top 25. My brother missed six questions on two different tests and he didn't make the list (altough he made it on his third try).

Huge, huge accomplishment TF.

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 03:02 PM
Squirt water on it.

That's what I'd put on every question.

MiccoMacey
2/2/2007, 03:04 PM
Squirt water on it.

There's more to it than that??? :D

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 03:07 PM
Appreciate it, man. Lots of hard work. I was official January 2nd, and am now drivin' Ladder 27 on A.

I don't want to sound like I'm tootin' my horn (insert masturbation crack here), but it was grueling. All in all, after pullin' up short on my first exam, right at a year solid of my nose in the books not countin' the two week break after the first exam. Second attempt put me at #4 on the list, missing 2 questions, a two way tie for the highest score. But you ain't kiddin', you have to straight up sell out to get there when seniority ain't on your side. Downright brutal.

You oughta be comin' up on eligibility pretty soon, ain't ya?

MiccoMacey
2/2/2007, 03:11 PM
July. Already started reading (just a little at the station).

And I didn't know you'd already been made. Congrats.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 03:15 PM
'Preciate it. Stay hard in 'em, too. Every trip through, something sticks. And every test, regardless of outcome, you figure something out that you need to do better or different. But if you're willin' and able, it can happen.

It happened to me, and I'm an idiot.

Good luck with it. Don't get with the cute stuff, just read your *** off.

TMcGee86
2/2/2007, 03:20 PM
(usually around three to four months studying 12-14 hours a day every day).

daaang. sounds exactly like studying for the bar.

Big time congrats TF.

My uncle was a tulsa fireman. You should be very, very proud.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 03:26 PM
Appreciate it, man. Lots of hard work. I was official January 2nd, and am now drivin' Ladder 27 on A.

I don't want to sound like I'm tootin' my horn (insert masturbation crack here), but it was grueling. All in all, after pullin' up short on my first exam, right at a year solid of my nose in the books not countin' the two week break after the first exam. Second attempt put me at #4 on the list, missing 2 questions, a two way tie for the highest score. But you ain't kiddin', you have to straight up sell out to get there when seniority ain't on your side. Downright brutal.

You oughta be comin' up on eligibility pretty soon, ain't ya?

You did all that studying to drive a ladder truck? Damn. I wonder what kinda tests they got to become a Chief......

Congrats.

Fugue
2/2/2007, 03:29 PM
July. Already started reading (just a little at the station).

And I didn't know you'd already been made. Congrats.

good luck with that :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/cinemorgue2/joepesci.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 03:30 PM
Fuggedaboudit!

Newbomb Turk
2/2/2007, 03:39 PM
Congratulations TF.

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 03:47 PM
Squirt water on it.

Has your house burned to the ground yet?

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 03:52 PM
Has your house burned to the ground yet?

No but if it started to, I'd squirt water on it.

bri
2/2/2007, 03:54 PM
That's not water, dude.

And congrats, TF!

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2007, 04:23 PM
congrats. Is my brother still in charge of the dalmation's pooper scooper or do they let him ride on the truck yet?

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 04:53 PM
No but if it started to, I'd squirt water on it.
Only for electrical or grease fires. ;)

soonerboomer93
2/2/2007, 05:14 PM
grats TF