PDA

View Full Version : Jones HAS already coaced Dallas to SuperBowl

stoopified
2/2/2007, 01:01 PM
I caught part of AROUND THE HORN the other day and this IDIOT sports caster was talking about Jones possibly coaching Dallas himself.This even bigger idiot says JONES HAS ALREADY WON A SUPER BOWL AS COACH,you might remember Barry Switzer was his assistant.I don't recall the names of the idiots in question as I rarely watch this show.I do nkmow that every time they talk about OU it is in a negative waywhether it was this shot at Switzer or at Stoops for the game against usc.They are ALL abunch of *********s!!!

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 01:11 PM
That's why I NEVER watch ESPN's sports commentary/editorial crap. They suck.

MichiganSooner
2/2/2007, 03:14 PM
I think they are referring to the constant and continous meddling into the team when they say, JJ has won a Super Bowl. I have not really followed the Cowboys but I believe that is the overriding reason he has not been able to keep good coaches.

Jerry Jones probably really believes he won MORE than one Super Bowl.

SoonerGirl06
2/2/2007, 03:20 PM
I think they are referring to the constant and continous meddling into the team when they say, JJ has won a Super Bowl. I have not really followed the Cowboys but I believe that is the overriding reason he has not been able to keep good coaches.

All that you said is true. Non of the sportscasters really like him, but have to put up with him so they can get the stories they want. As far as keeping a good coach... no one with high qualifications wants to risk their career or their coaching reputation to work for JJ.

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 03:31 PM
As far as keeping a good coach... no one with high qualifications wants to risk their career or their coaching reputation to work for JJ.
That's probably why he has to resort to hiring no-names like Bill Parcells.

SoonerGirl06
2/2/2007, 03:37 PM
That's probably why he has to result to hiring no-names like Bill Parcells.

Look how many coaches he went through after Switzer before he got Parcells. Parcells was a great coach, but he certainly didn't end his career on a high note with the Cowboys. If Jones had let Parcells do his job the way Parcells knows how to do it, then I'm sure the Cowboys would have done much better and Parcells wouldn't have had to leave with a poor record.

IMO Jones just needs to step back from trying to coach the team and let the coaches do that.

Fugue
2/2/2007, 03:46 PM
Look how many coaches he went through after Switzer before he got Parcells. Parcells was a great coach, but he certainly didn't end his career on a high note with the Cowboys. If Jones had let Parcells do his job the way Parcells knows how to do it, then I'm sure the Cowboys would have done much better and Parcells wouldn't have had to leave with a poor record.

IMO Jones just needs to step back from trying to coach the team and let the coaches do that.

Yeah Pat.

:pop:

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 03:51 PM
Look how many coaches he went through after Switzer before he got Parcells.
2?

You said "no one with high qualifications wants to risk their career or their coaching reputation to work for JJ." I said Bill Parcells. I wasn't saying he didn't make two bad choices between Switzer and Parcells. But to say nobody "with high qualifications" would want to coach them because of Jerry Jones is incorrect. Who that meets that criteria has turned him down when offered?

Fugue
2/2/2007, 03:55 PM
2?

You said "no one with high qualifications wants to risk their career or their coaching reputation to work for JJ." I said Bill Parcells. I wasn't saying he didn't make two bad choices between Switzer and Parcells. But to say nobody "with high qualifications" would want to coach them because of Jerry Jones is incorrect. Whothat meets that criteria has turned him down when offered?

Yeah SoonerGirl06.

:pop:

85sooners
2/2/2007, 04:16 PM
:mad:

stoopified
2/2/2007, 05:08 PM
Most of what has been saidI agree withbut my main point was how they painted the Switzer coached teams as being lead on the field by Jerry,not Barry.It is a discredit to Barry ,who is a great coach.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/2/2007, 05:57 PM

Jerry Jones probably really believes he won MORE than one Super Bowl.

I'm a little confused but he has 3.

I'll get my bias out there because I am a Cowboys fan and certainly I'm a big fan of the King so this is just my take.

Yes, Jones would definitely be a hands on owner but especially before the salary cap was a factor he showed he would pull out all the stops to try to win....

Is his ego huge? Certainly.

Remember that Around the Horn, PTI and Sports Reporters are just some sportwriters, most of which having played a sport since they were about 10 years old argueing about how smart they are. Plus to a man they all pretty much HATE THE COWBOYS It's really easy to say Jerry Jones is the coach of the Cowboys because it is pithy and people aren't going to line up and defend him. The exact same reason they can make that sort of comment about Switzer. Because he himself has downplayed his X and O ability. Which is funny because how many successful college, NFL head coaches call the plays on gameday? The head coach is a CEO, a manager (with a background in X ands O's and the other stuff) and is the guy that makes the tough decisions.

As fot JJ, he may not know as much football as HE thinks he does, BUT, I guarantee he knows more than the guys on TV commenting about it and more than they give him credit for and while I think he probably offers his opinion freely whether asked or not I don't think Jones is up in the booth on game day telling his coaches what plays to call,etc.

If some of these sports reporters have won multiple Pulitzer prizes then maybe I respect their opinion more than rather just generating talk on a subject. Otherwise I think the coaches with 3 national championship rings and a Super Bowl trophy and the Owner with 3 Super Bowl trophies is probably the one I'm going to side with.

I understand some of you hate the Cowboys with a passion and would like to see Jones give an Iguana a "happy ending" but any time any of the ESPN shows is on TV commenting on whatever, what comes to mind for me is ****** ripping Stoops for running up the score in a game that ****** didn't even watch.

SoonerGirl06
2/2/2007, 07:20 PM
But to say nobody "with high qualifications" would want to coach them because of Jerry Jones is incorrect.

I think it is correct, because under JJ they’re not going to be allowed to coach the way that they want to and most coaches who are highly qualified don‘t want to have to give that up. Those who do are usually just trying to get their foot in the door as an NFL coach so they're willing to give up that power.

JJ made it clear from day one that he’s going to be a hands on GM/Owner and be a part of the coaching decisions for the team. Which is why I feel they haven’t been as successful as they could be if JJ would step back and just let the coaches do their thing.

LittleWingSooner
2/2/2007, 07:40 PM
Switzer was a good NFL coach, but the NFL was never for him.