PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Colorado knowledge possesors

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 10:05 AM
I have a job opportunity as an Ag lender out in Eastern Colorado in the town of Limon. Does anybody here know anything about this area.

sooner_born_1960
2/2/2007, 10:06 AM
It's just like Western Kansas.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 10:09 AM
A whole lot of nothin'. Should be right up your alley.:texan:

King Crimson
2/2/2007, 10:15 AM
right on the interstate......not a great town. probably some deece mexican joints, though. not many white girls of your age ready to swing.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you're talking to honkies, it's pronounced "Lie-man." If you're talking to messicans, it's pronounced "Lee-mown."

oklaclarinet
2/2/2007, 10:25 AM
It is the junction point for two common paths for people headed up to Denver and beyond (from central Oklahoma). (The two paths being the interstate route 35-135-70 and the more direct path going through towns Woodward, Dodge City, and Lamar.) It is the last major stop along I-70 before the Denver area, and thus when bad snows close the roads getting close to Denver, it becomes a stopping point.

IB4OU2
2/2/2007, 10:31 AM
Corn and Cattle....what more could you want? ;)

mdklatt
2/2/2007, 10:37 AM
Does anybody here know anything about this area.

It's *** cold there right now.

King Crimson
2/2/2007, 10:47 AM

wha? -6 is cold? you're a gay. sack up.

it's gonna jump up to 21 tomorrow.

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 10:48 AM
It feels one degree colder in Lincoln right now than Limon. The cold is fine with me.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 10:56 AM
Dude, learn espanol first.

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 11:51 AM
I'm not completely in the dark about Limon. The guy I would be working for is the father of a close friend. Also, according to the census Lincoln county is 90% white, and my friend as never complained about the messicans there(which he would have if they were real percentage of the population) so that leads me to believe that you are ill-informed about the presence of hispanics in Limon. Also I'll be a farm loan officer, I guessing I will be dealing mostly with people who have been their for quite awhile.

mdklatt
2/2/2007, 12:05 PM
Also, according to the census Lincoln county is 90% white

Limon is probably the only town of any size in Lincoln County, if not the only town altogether, right? It's not like immigrants are going to have a spread out in the country, so that 10% non-white is probably concentrated in Limon. Besides, how many illegal immigrants do you think make it into the census? And, white and Hispanic are not mutually exclusive in census terms (although presumably almost all of the Caucasian Hispanics down south don't need to come to the US to make a living).

picasso
2/2/2007, 12:08 PM
I have a job opportunity as an Ag lender out in Eastern Colorado in the town of Limon. Does anybody here know anything about this area.
the wind blows so hard you have to lean into it.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 12:11 PM
I'm not completely in the dark about Limon. The guy I would be working for is the father of a close friend. Also, according to the census Lincoln county is 90% white, and my friend as never complained about the messicans there(which he would have if they were real percentage of the population) so that leads me to believe that you are ill-informed about the presence of hispanics in Limon. Also I'll be a farm loan officer, I guessing I will be dealing mostly with people who have been their for quite awhile.

Trust me, there's a bunch of messicans in Limon. NTTAWWT.

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 12:16 PM
Trust me, there's a bunch of messicans in Limon. NTTAWWT.
There's a difference between a bunch of messicans, and you better learn spanish. I doubt illegals use banks. Also, you do realize that most places in Nebraska have a ton of illegals too, don't you? I mean it isn't like this would be new to me.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 12:36 PM
There's a difference between a bunch of messicans, and you better learn spanish. I doubt illegals use banks. Also, you do realize that most places in Nebraska have a ton of illegals too, don't you? I mean it isn't like this would be new to me.

Yeah, I realize that, but you can get pretty decent messican food in Limon. Not so in NE. Ever wonder why that is? Also, you ain't gonna live in a bank are you? And Limon isn't better/worse than the average NE town of it's size.

BeetDigger
2/2/2007, 12:39 PM
PM me if you want more information about Limon. Unfortunately, I grew up just north of there. It's a great place to be FROM.

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I realize that, but you can get pretty decent messican food in Limon. Not so in NE. Ever wonder why that is? Also, you ain't gonna live in a bank are you? And Limon isn't better/worse than the average NE town of it's size. You can get decent Mexican food in Nebraska, you just have to know where to look. How would messicans in colorado be different than the messicans and methheads I live by in Nebraska? I'll be living out in the country with weapons and cattle no matter where I live, so I don't see why the state location makes a difference.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 02:39 PM
You can get decent Mexican food in Nebraska, you just have to know where to look. How would messicans in colorado be different than the messicans and methheads I live by in Nebraska? I'll be living out in the country with weapons and cattle no matter where I live, so I don't see why the state location makes a difference.

I'm not arguing with you. And I agree that the state location doesn't make a difference. All I'm saying is you'll run into a lot of messicans and have a lot better messican food. Is there a problem here?

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 02:40 PM
I'm not arguing with you. And I agree that the state location doesn't make a difference. All I'm saying is you'll run into a lot of messicans and have a lot better messican food. Is there a problem here?
No, it won't be any different than I'm used to is what I am saying.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 02:46 PM
No, it won't be any different than I'm used to is what I am saying.

Then go for it. Amigo.

King Crimson
2/2/2007, 02:56 PM
I doubt illegals use banks.

ain't true these days. they've all got debit cards and big *** TV's. guys i know at least. so they can watch afternoon talk shows like this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images2/talk-show-hosts4.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5268/noname3ah2.jpg

but i doubt she lives in Limon.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 02:57 PM
That's racy...er racist.

IB4OU2
2/2/2007, 03:04 PM
ain't true these days. they've all got debit cards and big *** TV's. guys i know at least. so they can watch afternoon talk shows like this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images2/talk-show-hosts4.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5268/noname3ah2.jpg

but i doubt she lives in Limon.

Yummy...

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 03:05 PM
Nice knowing you KC.

King Crimson
2/2/2007, 03:14 PM
Nice knowing you KC.

she gets by on her intellect and turn of phrase. i don't know what you are talking about.

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 03:17 PM
she gets by on her intellect and turn of phrase. i don't know what you are talking about.
Plus her camel toad ain't puffing a camel.

Mongo
2/2/2007, 03:19 PM
I am just glad Oprah doesnt dress like that

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 03:20 PM
I am just glad Oprah doesnt dress like that

I bet she looks like a zebra when she's nekkid.

Mongo
2/2/2007, 03:22 PM
I bet she looks like a zebra when she's nekkid.

Yeah, but we all know you'd still hit it

C&CDean
2/2/2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but we all know you'd still hit it

With a 7 iron.