PDA

View Full Version : Do OU frats take fat people?

setem
2/2/2007, 12:11 AM
I am gonna be at OU next fall and I thinking about rushing a frat.

I hope I will be skinny by then. If I am not...what then?

Anyone?

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:14 AM

Anyone?

TKE

setem
2/2/2007, 12:17 AM
Tau Kappa Epsilon?

They are a dead frat....

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:18 AM
Tau Kappa Epsilon?
Yep, if it's a beer belly then you'll do fine.

setem
2/2/2007, 12:25 AM
They are dead at oklahoma from what I see.

I have some friends who were fiji's and one who was a delta but he got into trouble so I dont know if he can hook me up.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:26 AM
They are dead at oklahoma from what I see.

I have some friends who were figi's and one who was a delta but he got into trouble so I dont know if he can hook me up.

Yeah the Fiji's here are on par with the TKE's.
My roommate is actually the prez of Sig Tau.

tommieharris91
2/2/2007, 12:33 AM
Here's a hint: When you go through rush, don't shower, wear a hooters shirt, and sign with a bad house and show off your shirt they give you to the house you really want to go to.

Ohh, and tell everyone you wanna be in their frat.

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2007, 12:34 AM
yes

setem
2/2/2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah the Fiji's here are on par with the TKE's.
My roommate is actually the prez of Sig Tau.

Is there an OU chapter of Sig Tau? You should get your partner to hook a brotha up? Are they a black fraternity?

...I have always wanter to be in a Black Fraternity!

GottaHavePride
2/2/2007, 12:37 AM
If you're willing to pay their dues and do all the stupid crap they ask you to do they'll take you.

setem
2/2/2007, 12:39 AM
Here's a hint: When you go through rush, don't shower, wear a hooters shirt, and sign with a bad house and show off your shirt they give you to the house you really want to go to.

Ohh, and tell everyone you wanna be in their frat.

That is just what I had planned on doing!

hurricane'bone
2/2/2007, 12:39 AM
My advice:

Don't let people from other schools tell you about what fraternities to look at because while they are all connected, the Fiji chapter at Baylor could be drastically different than the Fiji chapter at OU.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:46 AM
My advice:

Don't let people from other schools tell you about what fraternities to look at because while they are all connected, the Fiji chapter at Baylor could be drastically different than the Fiji chapter at OU.

This is very very true.

GottaHavePride
Exactly. Like, while the Phi Mu Alpha chapter at OU was (at the time I joined) a pretty freakin' cool group of guys that knew how to have a good time, some other chapters around the state had some questionable practices. As in, hairy man-a5s NEVER needs to be involved in a fraternity function.

tommieharris91

It made me, and about half of my house, VERY and I mean VERY unhappy when we took him. So, it might work for you too.

setem
2/2/2007, 12:51 AM
My advice:

I hear good things about the Fiji's at OU.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:52 AM
They are never going to let you in if you keep calling them Figi.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 12:53 AM
Do you guys have anything like the Noble Noze Brotherhood?

hurricane'bone
2/2/2007, 12:55 AM
I hear good things about the Figi's at OU.

I just used Fiji because it was mentioned earlier, I know nothing about them.

tommieharris91
2/2/2007, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't trust anything you hear on a message board. You'll see which houses are good and which houses aren't when you go through rush.

setem
2/2/2007, 01:01 AM

oops!

Mongo
2/2/2007, 01:03 AM
How about you just go to OU without joining a frat?

setem
2/2/2007, 01:06 AM
I may very well do that.

But...I would like to live up to my mother's expectations in life and grow up to be John Belushi!

THEY TOOK THE ****IN BAR!!!

Mongo
2/2/2007, 01:09 AM
I was very Belushi-esk, and didnt join a frat. Just go to their parties and take their booze. Then they will be the ones saying "They took the ****ing bar!"

setem
2/2/2007, 01:17 AM
I was very Belushi-esk, and didnt join a frat. Just go to their parties and take their booze. Then they will be the ones saying "They took the ****ing bar!"

**** I don't go to school there yet and I go to their parties!

...and I take their booze!

I like the Sam Smith's Oatmeal stout though, I buy it myself.

Mongo
2/2/2007, 01:20 AM
**** I don't go to school there yet and I go to their parties!

...and I take their booze!

I like the Sam Smith's Oatmeal stout though, I buy it myself.

If you are that picky with the beer, you wont score the tang. Drink the beer offered, and take the tang offered:D

setem
2/2/2007, 01:24 AM
If you are that picky with the beer, you wont score the tang. Drink the beer offered, and take the tang offered:D

I am pretty sure one of the reasons I am fat is because I drink tomuch beer!

I am an equal opportunity beer drinker!

I go from Country Club Malt Liquor or Evil Eye to Sam Smith's sweet sweet nectar!

I will not drink PIG's EYE though that **** is horrible!

Frozen Sooner
2/2/2007, 01:35 AM
Well, they took me. Then again, I was skinny then. They didn't kick me out for being a lardass though.

soonerboomer93
2/2/2007, 01:56 AM
My advice:

What ever Sicem tells you to do, do the opposite

fixed it for ya

soonerboomer93
2/2/2007, 01:59 AM
I am pretty sure one of the reasons I am fat is because I drink tomuch beer!

please turn in your mancard and join Sicem at the tea time table

kplzthx

setem
2/2/2007, 02:02 AM
please turn in your mancard and join Sicem at the tea time table

kplzthx

One can never drink tomuch beer! But in order for me to lose weight I must cut back on my intake!

soonerboomer93
2/2/2007, 02:05 AM
sorry, no take backs on the "i drink too much beer" words

Mongo
2/2/2007, 02:06 AM
One can never drink tomuch beer! But in order for me to lose weight I must cut back on my intake!

You still can consume the same amount as normal, but you have to work out harder.:D

olevetonahill
2/2/2007, 02:18 AM
You still can consume the same amount as normal, but you have to work out harder.:D
Yup , Use both arms , use the right arm for the 1st , the left arm for the 2nd . Keeps you balanced ans stuff .
Now where In hell Is my CD thingy you said youd send ? :mad:

tommieharris91
2/2/2007, 02:21 AM
If you wanna be a fraternity, you must learn how to drink like a college student. Get used to the following three beers, and the hazing will be MUCH easier:

1) Miller High Life
2) Natural Light
3) Keystone Light (ESPECIALLY THIS ONE)

soonerboomer93
2/2/2007, 02:30 AM
oh, and a free peice of advise

when the waitress tells you "life too short to drink ****ty beer" she just wants you to spend more to get a bigger tip

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 08:59 AM
I think Boren killed your chances of ever being like Belushi, at least in a fraternity.

Six years of college down the drain.

sooner_born_1960
2/2/2007, 09:00 AM
In a word, no. They don't want your type around. At all.

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 09:08 AM

or if you keep calling it a Frat.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2007, 09:13 AM
sure they'll take you, the skinny guys always need a wingman ;)

jk2 was a fiji at Ou - albeit for a short time, but the house is nice.....i've been inside it....i really have no other info to judge that specific frat but i think they're well thought of so far as that goes......at least at OU

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 09:28 AM
sure they'll take you, the skinny guys always need a wingman ;)

jk2 was a fiji at Ou - albeit for a short time, but the house is nice.....i've been inside it....i really have no other info to judge that specific frat but i think they're well thought of so far as that goes......at least at OU
I almost signed Fiji, but I wanted to be in the house that would eventually sign 1TC, so I changed. ;)

crawfish
2/2/2007, 09:31 AM
They've gotta take you. You're a legacy!

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/floundergeek.jpg

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 09:51 AM
Didn't we decide that frats were for losers/winners? I forget now what the consensus was.

:pop:

Beef
2/2/2007, 09:52 AM
Didn't we decide that frats were for losers/winners? I forget now what the consensus was.

I think we just decided that if you join a frat you won't be able to date FanInAma's daughters.:pop: :pop:

crawfish
2/2/2007, 09:55 AM

Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life, son.

LilSooner
2/2/2007, 09:58 AM
I always thought the guys at Sig Ep and Sigma Chi ( I know they aren't there any more) were total snobs. Although I do have a story about meeting Josh Heupel at Sig Ep in 99 and a even funnier story about Tim Duncan at Sigma Chi.

Apparently I have a very interesting name.

Anyways, even though it wasn't "cool" I always had fun with the KA guys and though the guys at kappa sig were really sweet.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2007, 10:04 AM
my Dad was a lambda chi at OU - not sure how good or bad their house is these days.....when I was at OU, KA stood for "knights of alcohol".......which may not necessarily be a bad thing ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 10:09 AM
Is this where you make the 'Phi Zappa Crappa' comment?

LilSooner
2/2/2007, 10:21 AM
my Dad was a lambda chi at OU - not sure how good or bad their house is these days.....when I was at OU, KA stood for "knights of alcohol".......which may not necessarily be a bad thing ;)

Yes, yes they were. They also used to beat the crap out of their pledges. We would sneak in the back door and sneak down their stairs to watch them "initiate" their pledges.

jeremy885
2/2/2007, 10:24 AM
I was in Alpha Sigma Phi from 97 to 00. We went from winning the President's trophy in 98 to losing our house in 00, due to low membership and the phi delt's coming back on campus (their alumni owned our house).

If you join a house, just remember that you are at OU for your education, not to party.

Oh and the Fiji's are the biggest pot heads at OU (at least when I went there) and the remaining Sig Tau members joined Phi Delt when it came back to OU in 00.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/2/2007, 10:34 AM
Gamma Delta Iota will hook you up...

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 10:34 AM
This is very very true.
Does OU have KOT or Chambermen chapters?

*snicker*

mxATVracer10
2/2/2007, 10:36 AM
They aren't actually a recognized "frat" but my brother joined the Ruf/Neks and had a blast. He's not the smallest feller around either....

TheHumanAlphabet
2/2/2007, 10:38 AM

Lets see...

Lambda Chi: Lamb Chops or choppers
Delta Upsilon: Ducks, dykes, gays - whatever
SAE: Sigma Alpha Everybody
Delta Tau Delta: Delt Doorknobs
TKE: If you don't want to go Greek Go Teek
Sigma Chi: Sigma Fried (token dood)
Sigma Nu: Snakes

any others?

mdklatt
2/2/2007, 10:50 AM
but the house is nice.....i've been inside it

Did they let you go upstairs? I delivered pizza to a bunch of frat houses, and they were all the same--very nice downstairs, but as soon as you went up the steps to the living area it was like Lord of the Flies. :eek: After awhile I started making them meet me at the front door.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2007, 11:05 AM
i looked at the rooms on the first floor

typical college kid rooms

Beef
2/2/2007, 11:06 AM
Yes, yes they were. They also used to beat the crap out of their pledges. We would sneak in the back door and sneak down their stairs to watch them "initiate" their pledges.
Beating pledges is gay. My fraternity got kicked off campus when I was a pledge for hazing, but we were instructed that if any member laid a hand on you, you're encouraged and expected to fight back.

picasso
2/2/2007, 11:21 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/43/180px-Silencelamp7.jpg

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 11:58 AM
Buffalo Bill spek

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 12:10 PM
I always thought the guys at Sig Ep and Sigma Chi ( I know they aren't there any more) were total snobs. Although I do have a story about meeting Josh Heupel at Sig Ep in 99 and a even funnier story about Tim Duncan at Sigma Chi.

Apparently I have a very interesting name.

Anyways, even though it wasn't "cool" I always had fun with the KA guys and though the guys at kappa sig were really sweet.

what years?

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 01:19 PM
or if you keep calling it a Frat.
Would you call your country "c*nt"?

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 01:21 PM
Does OU have KOT or Chambermen chapters?

*snicker*

You will never ever hear me rush to the defense of KOT or Chamber.
Especially Chamber....

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 01:35 PM
You will never ever hear me rush to the defense of KOT or Chamber.
Especially Chamber....
What about the Noze brothers. They're kind of a fraternity aren't they? :texan:

mdklatt
2/2/2007, 01:37 PM

Depends on the country....

MamaMia
2/2/2007, 02:10 PM
Doc is right. Boren put a halt to serving beer or any other type of adult beverage at frat parties. Now the students are going off campus to get all drunk. The good news is that some of them even have designated drivers to get back home. The bad news is that some don't.

tommieharris91
2/2/2007, 02:24 PM
It's more like no alchiehol at frat houses, period. All thanks to sigma chi.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 02:46 PM

What's a cint?

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 02:49 PM
What's a cint?

5 cints make a nuckel, 10 make a dume, etc.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/2/2007, 02:52 PM
5 cints make a nuckel, 10 make a dume, etc.

Ohhhh... Got change for a dallor?

GottaHavePride
2/2/2007, 02:54 PM
you guys are morans.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 03:59 PM
What about the Noze brothers. They're kind of a fraternity aren't they? :texan:

Yes, the Noze are definitely the finest brothers on campus.

setem
2/2/2007, 04:09 PM
They aren't actually a recognized "frat" but my brother joined the Ruf/Neks and had a blast. He's not the smallest feller around either....

That is another option I was thinking about. Not tomany people find it cool when you say...I am one of the Ruf-Neks at OU.

Then they call you a cheerleader and all that and I dont know. Maybe I could get on the inside and get everyone one of those cool shot guns everyone is always going on about?

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2007, 04:12 PM
dude, if you're heavy, white pants are the last thing you want to wear

not to mention you dont want to be the "heavy guy" huffing and puffing down to the north end zone at the beginning of the game

LilSooner
2/2/2007, 04:13 PM
what years?

Mostly 99 a little in 2000 then I started hanging out with Beta's. I know, I know.

Beef
2/2/2007, 04:25 PM
That is another option I was thinking about. Not tomany people find it cool when you say...I am one of the Ruf-Neks at OU.

Then they call you a cheerleader and all that and I dont know. Maybe I could get on the inside and get everyone one of those cool shot guns everyone is always going on about?
OU will be a lot more enjoyable if you don't worry about what other people think is "cool".

****. I'm getting old saying **** like that.

mdklatt
2/2/2007, 04:39 PM
OU will be a lot more enjoyable if you don't worry about what other people think is "cool".

Not exactly. The key is to find the people who agree with you about what is cool.

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 04:41 PM
Or rule with an iron fist and dictate what is cool. That's what I did.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 04:46 PM
Or rule with an iron fist and dictate what is cool. That's what I did.

Ditto.

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 04:51 PM
Mostly 99 a little in 2000 then I started hanging out with Beta's. I know, I know.
What? I think that makes you the smartest woman on here. :D

LilSooner
2/2/2007, 04:59 PM

You don't need to tell me something that I already knew. :D

TUSooner
2/2/2007, 06:35 PM
I was a Lambda Chi at OCU. We were small, but we had a dog from every alley, before "diversity" was even popular:
Jocks, rednecks, science nerds, pot-heads(me), squares, musicians(me), preppies, a Mexican, Venezuelans (black & white), a bunch of guys from New York, a rather large Israeli Defense Force veteran, Australian tennis players, theatre guys, and even a couple of gay guys (not the theatre guys, btw, AND NOT ME :rolleyes: NTTAWWT). We won intramural football and basketball and the annual theatre deal, "Kesheena Capers," I think it was. We got low marks at "Spring Sing", but were a hit doing all Beatle songs. I have no idea how we did it all that goofy stuff so well together with so many different guys.
And no hazing. At all.
It was pretty cool, but it seems cooler looking back.

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 10:45 PM

pup ;)

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 10:46 PM

what years, doc?

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 11:08 PM
what years, doc?
1986-1990
Are you a Beta?

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 11:13 PM
1986-1990
Are you a Beta?

nope. kappa sig. had a high school buddy is a beta and now a doc.

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 11:14 PM
Anywhere near as old as me? :O

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2007, 11:15 PM
Beta schmeta

Hamhock
2/2/2007, 11:17 PM
Anywhere near as old as me? :O

you've got him by 5 or 6 years.

betas are the only guys that gave me alcohol during formal rush visits.

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 11:19 PM
AEKDB, dude.

OUDoc
2/2/2007, 11:20 PM
Beta schmeta
Well, I can guarantee you'll never be a member here.

http://pbpl.physics.ucla.edu/About_Us/Bios/Carl_Spackler/smails.jpg

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2007, 11:25 PM
our IM teams were called Beta Girth. we were clever

william_brasky
2/3/2007, 09:09 AM
Wear the following shirt everyday through rush, and you'll be fine.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/stylinonline_1933_18066686

badger
2/3/2007, 11:57 AM
if this is the guy i'm thinking of, I thought it was cool that they gave him a head start running down the field. he was pretty nice, too.

sooneron
2/3/2007, 08:37 PM
We slimmed down a few pledges in our house. I can remember two of them dropping about 30 lbs in the first year. We had some ROTC guys that designed a good PT for them.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, well, I think I found all the weight you made those guys lose damn it.

sooneron
2/3/2007, 08:40 PM
1986-1990
Are you a Beta?
Heh, Doc was in school when I was.

I didn't read the whole thread. Have Dean and ama given their two cents?

I recommend going through rush after you have at least one semester under your belt.

sooneron
2/3/2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, well, I think I found all the weight you made those guys lose damn it.
Yeah, it was in the second stairwell.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2007, 08:41 PM
:mad:

That's where I found it all right. Just jumped right out at me. I was in good ol' room 13, so I was right next to the second stairs in 1994.

the_ouskull
2/3/2007, 09:30 PM
Well, I was skinny when I joined, but I've gotten fat, and they're still "down" with me, so I guess it's not an issue at my place... I hear that some places kill fat pledges though. That's the word on the street.

The street is pretty f'in' dumb though. My advice, assuming that you're not a troll, is to go to each house and figure out for yourself at which house you feel the most comfortable. Go from there.

the_ouskull

Boffingham
2/3/2007, 09:48 PM

Anyone?

Omega Mu

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2007, 09:57 PM
Well, I was skinny when I joined, but I've gotten fat, and they're still "down" with me, so I guess it's not an issue at my place... I hear that some places kill fat pledges though. That's the word on the street.

The street is pretty f'in' dumb though. My advice, assuming that you're not a troll, is to go to each house and figure out for yourself at which house you feel the most comfortable. Go from there.

the_ouskull

You guys took Charles. Not saying anything against the guy, brother had a gland problem or something. Just saying.

OUAndy1807
2/3/2007, 10:09 PM
Do OU frats take straight guys?

LilSooner
2/3/2007, 10:11 PM

That's where I found it all right. Just jumped right out at me. I was in good ol' room 13, so I was right next to the second stairs in 1994.

I was 13 in 1994. Your really old. :D

Hamhock
2/3/2007, 10:12 PM

booo....;)

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2007, 10:14 PM
if you mean take them out back and give them a good rogering, yes.

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2007, 10:18 PM
our IM teams were called Beta Girth. we were clever

you were on an instant message team?

how weird of you......

the_ouskull
2/3/2007, 10:31 PM
Do OU frats take straight guys?

Why? Do you know one?

the_ouskull

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2007, 10:35 PM
124 wpm. I was blazin' fast

OUAndy1807
2/3/2007, 11:06 PM
Why? Do you know one?

the_ouskull
I know a lot of them and none of the straight guys I know would ever do the "elephant walk"

LilSooner
2/3/2007, 11:22 PM
What about the walk of shame?

OUDoc
2/3/2007, 11:30 PM
I know a lot of them and none of the straight guys I know would ever do the "elephant walk"
None of the guys I knew would do that either. As my best friend's brother (who was in the same house I eventually joined) would say, "Do you really think I would do that to get into a fraternity?"

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2007, 11:35 PM

You're thinking of the Pride.

;)

OUAndy1807
2/3/2007, 11:36 PM
"Do you really think I would do that to get into a fraternity?"
yes;)

Frozen Sooner
2/4/2007, 01:09 AM

When I was 13, I knew how to properly contract "you are."

WHIPPERSNAPPER!

HenriOU
2/4/2007, 03:39 AM
To the guy who just got into OU. I go to OU now. I'm a SigEp. In my opinion, the top three houses are SigEp, Beta, and SAE by far. Fiji and Lambda Chi are pretty good too. All the rest aren't strong at all. It definitely cycles which ones are good. Delt use to be the sh!t at OU but its not strong at all now. It has been a very positive experience for me. Got me a job at the Pi Phi house in which I get paid to eat with hot girls. I highly recommend it and message me if you have any questions.