boomersooner28
2/1/2007, 09:26 PM
http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/615086.html?refid=400

Sooner_Bob
2/1/2007, 09:37 PM
Kids today.

insuranceman_22
2/2/2007, 12:04 AM
We've got nearly a week before signing day, whose know what's going to happen between now & then. Hope he decides to stay in Norman though....

Ground_Attack
2/2/2007, 12:06 AM
while I know its a tough decision, the flip-flopping sounds kinda flaky. If you can't decide, don't decide until you are ready. I'm just glad that I'm not a recruiter.

NorthernIowaSooner
2/2/2007, 02:11 AM
id say let him go, he thought he'd start at slot receiver at OU while were really in need of DBs which he'd probly play. who knows, kids, let him go

NorthernIowaSooner
2/2/2007, 02:28 AM
it is too bad about him, i think he'll be a good player but i think he wants to be on the wrong side of the ball then he should be, and OU did really blow it with him by waiting too long. hate so see him go to the crap side of the state but if he's gonna be a head case it might not be all that bad

Easy180
2/2/2007, 09:34 AM
May just prefer to be done with football in mid December instead of having to play until Jan 1st or later :D

TXBOOMER
2/2/2007, 10:00 AM
Take the offer off of the table. I'll bet that is the first time you've ever seen three consecutive words used in a sentence that begin with the letters o and f.

stoopified
2/2/2007, 11:26 AM
Apparently Broyles doesn't want the pressure of competing for championships.:D

Big Red Ron
2/2/2007, 12:25 PM
who cares?

Seamus
2/2/2007, 02:02 PM
From the Oklahoman:

"It was just all unfair to begin with,” said Broyles, when asked if the Cowboys' addition of several wide receiver and defensive back recruits had anything to do with re-thinking his decision. "I don't really want to get into it, but there was more to it than that.”

What the hell is this nonsense? What was unfair? He didn't get his bobo packed soon enough by OU?

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2007, 04:29 PM
From the Oklahoman:

What the hell is this nonsense? What was unfair? He didn't get his bobo packed soon enough by OU?

that is exactly it.
i would bet GOOD money that if we would have offered him early, he would have no doubt 100% signed with us and had no problemm with it.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/2/2007, 04:44 PM
Why take a pay cut and come to OU? :D

oufan1
2/2/2007, 09:18 PM
Why take a pay cut and come to OU? :D
You know if you look at some of their "commits" and what other schools offered them you sort of have to wonder just how far Boones money is going? Didn't a kid from A&M say OSU offered money last year or the year before?

panhandlesooner
2/2/2007, 09:32 PM
He must be a "head case" let him go....

Frozen Sooner
2/2/2007, 10:33 PM
Be careful what you say about this young man, as your words may come back to haunt you. I'm not saying that I'm sure of this, but I have a feeling that Mr. Broyles' recruitment is not over.

Harry Beanbag
2/2/2007, 10:52 PM
I really can't blame the kid.

SoonerShark
2/2/2007, 11:32 PM
I really can't blame the kid.

True. He's just shy. Who would want to play for a team that people come to see? It gets old being on TV every game. In Stillwater, the only way you are visible is if you wear prisoners-picking-up-trash-on-the-side-of-the-highway orange.

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2007, 10:33 AM
True. He's just shy. Who would want to play for a team that people come to see? It gets old being on TV every game. In Stillwater, the only way you are visible is if you wear prisoners-picking-up-trash-on-the-side-of-the-highway orange.

:rolleyes:

jdsooner
2/3/2007, 11:17 AM
This kids going to have a heard time getting married.
"I do; I don't; I do; I don't; I'm not sure; I'll get back to you on that!"

sooner-n-ga
2/3/2007, 11:37 PM
May just prefer to be done with football in mid December instead of having to play until Jan 1st or later :D

Don't you mean "lose on jan. 1st or later ??" I know it is nice to have a BCS bowl bid, But coach Stoops gets out coached everytime our sooners play in one ! Come on guys, Boise State ??

sooneron
2/4/2007, 12:15 AM
Don't you mean "lose on jan. 1st or later ??" I know it is nice to have a BCS bowl bid, But coach Stoops gets out coached everytime our sooners play in one ! Come on guys, Boise State ??
EVERY time? Nice try troll.

birddog
2/4/2007, 01:17 AM

so you're one of those guys that would rather go 6-6 and win a meaningless bowl than make 8+ million for your conference and continue to get national recognition. i'll take a big 12 championship and a bcs game, thanks.

insuranceman_22
2/4/2007, 01:25 AM
Amen birddog -

sooner-n-ga
2/5/2007, 06:49 PM
so you're one of those guys that would rather go 6-6 and win a meaningless bowl than make 8+ million for your conference and continue to get national recognition. i'll take a big 12 championship and a bcs game, thanks.

No I'm not, but I do think if you are the highest paid coach in college football you should win the big game every now and then. Boise State pays their coach $400,000 and he has won a BCS game, Stoops has failed to do that in the last 5 years. We are getting Kia coaching at a BMW price !

soonermax
2/5/2007, 07:14 PM
No I'm not, but I do think if you are the highest paid coach in college football you should win the big game every now and then. Boise State pays their coach $400,000 and he has won a BCS game, Stoops has failed to do that in the last 5 years. We are getting Kia coaching at a BMW price !

Lighten up sooner in ga. I understand your frustation with us losing to Potatoe State. but, with all the adversity going on throughout the year, Coach Stoops did a heck of a job. Paul Thompson was just a much to blame for the TEXAS loss and the Potatoe State loss as the coach was. I think Coach Stoops will still get another national championship before he leaves and Potatoe State will be 4-8 next year

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2007, 07:35 PM

:eek:

1. Q: What does Florida State, Washington State, Arkansas, and Oregon have in common?
1. A: They have all lost to OU in Bowl games. Two of them were BCS Bowl wins. One was for a National Championship.

2. Q: Just how experienced was that Boise State team?
2. A: They had over 15 Seniors starting for them. While OU had 11 Seniors on its roster.

3. Q: How many undefeated teams were their after the last game was played?
3. A: There was just one undefeated team in the nation. Yes, that is correct, Boise State.

Do we expect nothing less than championships? Yes. However, most of us are also realistic. We know not ever year will be a championship season. In 2006, after losing to Texas, no one with a logical brain was making plans to be in Kansas City to watch OU play for the Big 12 title. It wasn't until A&M did us the favor of beating them that we all decided to purchase our tickets.

Bob Stoops has 1 National Championship, a 4-4 bowl record. He also has won the Big 12 outright 4 times. He has won the South 5 times.

What more do you want the guy to do? We cannot win them all nowadays, thanks to parity.

sooner-n-ga
2/5/2007, 08:34 PM
Of those 15 returning starters Boise State had, how many were recruited by Oklahoma ? Not one and none of the other Boise players either, but they found a way to beat our sooners because their coach out coached ours just as Pete Carroll and Nick Saban did. We beat FSU (which is 30 miles form me) only because they out ugly'd us, the noles lost the game more than our sooners won it and it wasn't due to our great coaching.

I think for 3.4 million, we should be getting a better product on saturdays.
Boise got 13-0 for $400,000 and a bunch of kids not recruited by any of the preseason top 15.

Widescreen
2/5/2007, 08:38 PM
Of those 15 returning starters Boise State had, how many were recruited by Oklahoma ? Not one and none of the other Boise players either, but they found a way to beat our sooners because their coach out coached ours just as Pete Carroll and Nick Saban did. We beat FSU (which is 30 miles form me) only because they out ugly'd us, the noles lost the game more than our sooners won it and it wasn't due to our great coaching.
You weren't doing too bad until that last statement. You've just outed yourself, troll.

Big Red Ron
2/5/2007, 10:59 PM

Boise got 13-0 for $400,000 and a bunch of kids not recruited by any of the preseason top 15.Geez, where's Bri when you need him?

:D

TopDawg
2/5/2007, 11:11 PM
We beat FSU (which is 30 miles form me) only because they out ugly'd us, the noles lost the game more than our sooners won it and it wasn't due to our great coaching.

You don't understand anything about defense. Go back to your playstation.

okienole3
2/5/2007, 11:40 PM

Boise got 13-0 for $400,000 and a bunch of kids not recruited by any of the preseason top 15.

Nicky Z?

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2007, 01:52 AM

Now ask yourself, out of the players on the 2000 NC team that went 13-0, how many were recruited by FSU? How many were recruited by Miami? Florida? what about Michigan?

You are being naive if you do not think other teams can do good with "lesser talent."

Fact remains, and apparently you are to ignorant to see it, when you have 15 of your 22 offense and defensive starters playing together for at least 4 years, the tendency will be by their fourth season, they will be able to compete with anyone.

Stoops was not outcoached by Peterson of Boise State. Peterson had to use three run-this-and-hope-to-God-it-works plays because he knew his team was battling a young team that had all the momentum.

Last fact for your ignorant ***. OU in 2006 was the third youngest team in the nation. and the youngest team in the big 12. Boise State was the oldest team in the nation.

BoonesFarmSooner
2/6/2007, 09:10 AM
Bottom line is this...

If this kid wants to go to okie state and set his sights on playing in the Independence Bowl or GalleryFurniture.com Bowl every year, then that's his choice.

I want players who want to play for Championships. In the past 5 years we have played in every BCS Bowl game and the Holiday Bowl.

We need athletes who want to compete and play at the OU level.

usmc-sooner
2/6/2007, 09:31 AM
I wasn't happy losing to BSU either but to say Stoops hasn't won any big games is ridiculous. He's won about 86 big games. By the end of next year it will be in the 90's with probably another BCS game.

Seamus
2/6/2007, 02:20 PM
Heh. Permabaning in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Collier11
2/6/2007, 10:10 PM
Now I am hearing that he is waiting til 3pm to sign. Maybe he needs some more time to consider...let me say this, if it doesnt "literally" hurt someone and you would be more comfortable going against your ORIGINAL commitment then do it. THere is a lot to be said for being honorable but there is also alot to say for not regretting the biggest 4-5 years of your life thus far

TopDawg
2/6/2007, 10:25 PM
Now I am hearing that he is waiting til 3pm to sign. Maybe he needs some more time to consider...let me say this, if it doesnt "literally" hurt someone and you would be more comfortable going against your ORIGINAL commitment then do it. THere is a lot to be said for being honorable but there is also alot to say for not regretting the biggest 4-5 years of your life thus far

Howsabout this: If you've grown up wanting to go to one school but they haven't offered you, yet it's still several weeks before signing day, don't commit to their little sister school. Wait it out. What's the hurry?

Sonic might've played the "do the honorable thing" card with Broyles, but the honorable thing for Sonic to do would've been to not pressure the young kid into making an early decision that he knows, in his heart of hearts, the kid doesn't wanna make yet.

Collier11
2/6/2007, 10:37 PM
If anything it is obvious that the kid is confused and at the least "thinks about going to OU"

picasso
2/6/2007, 10:46 PM

beep.

up yours Jerry.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/7/2007, 11:37 AM
Gundy told all his recruits to announce their signing by 9:00 and has a press conference at 12:30 to announce his class. Accoring to James Hale Broyles has not sent in his paperwork yet to OSU and will annouce at 3:00. Stoops has a press conference at 3:00.

I'd stay tuned to this one...

Collier11
2/7/2007, 11:39 AM
soonersports showing broyles a Sooner as of 7 minutes ago...

PhxSooner
2/7/2007, 11:44 AM
He changed his mind again?

Collier11
2/7/2007, 11:48 AM
yep, he is signed, sealed, and delivered. Good For Him! Sonic is gonna be sad!

jdsooner
2/7/2007, 12:10 PM
Way to go, Ryan!!

Frozen Sooner
2/7/2007, 12:26 PM
Like I said, be careful what you say about a kid who's waffling..

Welcome aboard Ryan!

LRoss
2/7/2007, 12:52 PM
Heck yeah, dude, heck yeah!!!

Wohoo!

SoonerShark
2/7/2007, 01:11 PM
I was wondering how the locals would take it, but of course his signing "party" was going to be at 3, which is after school, which might have been reflective of signing with a usurper rather than the University.

Blitzkrieg
2/7/2007, 02:17 PM
Robert Allen. LOL

Shooterms
2/7/2007, 03:22 PM
Scout.com has him listed as having signed an LOI to OU.
Could it be?

RedstickSooner
2/7/2007, 03:51 PM
Scout.com has him listed as having signed an LOI to OU.
Could it be?

Who cares what Scout.com or Rivlas says? On signing day, just go to the *real* site - Soonersports.com. The site itself bogs way down, but since it's the *official* Sooner athletics site, they have the *official* info on LOIs as they arrive.

Soonersports.com has Broyles LOI received at 10:32 am.

Big Red Ron
2/7/2007, 04:56 PM
While I'm sure Broyles is gonna be a very good player, since when did we get all worked up over beating out OSUX for a recruit? It's like being surprised that the sun came up.

Frozen Sooner
2/7/2007, 06:15 PM
Heh. This is true.

This year I think we've all been a little tense because we feel like we've lost a bunch of recruiting battles. It's nice to win a couple at the 11th hour, like Broyles, Lewis, and Alexander-especially since those are three of the higher-rated guys in the class.