PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fisherpeople who get the Sportsman Channel

OUinFLA
2/1/2007, 09:07 PM
One of my friends has a new show this season on The Sportsman Channel.

Captain Todd Foucher is the host, and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet, and perhaps go fishing with someday.

We have fished together several times and I have sent some employees on a day's trip with him. He is very personable, and extreamly knowledgable about fishing salt water.

Ever since I have known him he has had the ambition to have his own TV show, and last year it all came together for him. I have Brighthouse, and dont get The Sportsman Channel, but he has streaming video on his website of each weeks show.

If you get The Sportsman Channel give it a view, I hope you will like it. Perhaps some of you coming to the West Coast of Florida are in need of a professional guide, and he's as reasonably priced and as good as I think you'll find.

Anyway, I hope some of you can use the heads up and enjoy the show.

Link to show schedule (http://thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/descriptions/description.php?ID=86)

Link to Todd's website (http://www.slingnbait.com/)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2007, 12:07 AM
How is your buddy on guiding for BIG snook?(30 lbs. +)

OUinFLA
2/2/2007, 12:19 AM
How is your buddy on guiding for BIG snook?(30 lbs. +)

Snook Reds Trout .... he's excellent.
He's primarily a live bait fisherman.
Usual day is 2000 pilchards. Chums like crazy.
Being on the water 4-6 days a week, he keeps up with the fish movements rather well.
30 lbs is pretty large. I'd guess you were talking 37-40 inches.
Night fishing is the best time to catch the big linesiders like that.
30" - 36" he catches regularly.
Last few trips he and I talked about he is putting his clients on up to 60-80 fish a day. Occasionally 100.
Time of year is important for those types of numbers though.

You want those size fish, you fish at night and use large baits. 2 foot Ladyfish are common baits for those going after the big guys.

He's straight up honest though, and if you contact him with what you are wanting to do, Im sure he wont lead you astray if he doesnt feel he can satisfy what you are looking for.