PDA

View Full Version : Humans are EVIL!

Widescreen
2/1/2007, 01:01 PM
This conference is about to declare that there's a 90% chance that global warming is caused by humans. I wonder what's causing their 10% uncertainty? It sounds like they're saying that human activity is the exclusive reason for global warming (I guess volcanos are no longer the factor they used to be). Although I'm sure these people know a little more about climate shifts than I do, I still haven't seen a good explanation about how global warming happened in the pre-industrial revolution days. Because we know it happened. Our climate temperatures shift up and down all the time.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/01/D8N10JFG0.html

As the delegates hold their evening session, the Eiffel Tower, other Paris monuments and concerned citizens in several European countries were expected to switch off their lights for five minutes to call attention to energy conservation, heeding a call by French environmental campaigners.

Some experts said that while well-intentioned, turning the lights out could actually consume more energy than it would conserve by requiring a power spike when the lights turn back on _ possibly causing brownouts or even blackouts.
This is my favorite part of the article. It just demonstrates that reality is nowhere near as important as perception and symbolism.

mdklatt
2/1/2007, 01:03 PM
I still haven't seen a good explanation about how global warming happened in the pre-industrial revolution days.

Milankovitch Cycles

Widescreen
2/1/2007, 01:04 PM
Milankovitch Cycles
Did this milankovich dude have huge CO2 generators or something?

OklahomaTuba
2/1/2007, 01:07 PM
Ahh yes, more hysteria and fear mongering by the environmental elites.

Of course, don't expect those people to actually do the things they want everyone else to do.

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2007, 01:09 PM
Pat Buchanan was on Tucker Carlson's show and he said, "Everytime I hear the phrase 'global warming', I reach for my revolver."

IB4OU2
2/1/2007, 01:24 PM
This conference is about to declare that there's a 90% chance that global warming is caused by humans. I wonder what's causing their 10% uncertainty? It sounds like they're saying that human activity is the exclusive reason for global warming (I guess volcanos are no longer the factor they used to be). Although I'm sure these people know a little more about climate shifts than I do, I still haven't seen a good explanation about how global warming happened in the pre-industrial revolution days. Because we know it happened. Our climate temperatures shift up and down all the time.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/01/D8N10JFG0.html

This is my favorite part of the article. It just demonstrates that reality is nowhere near as important as perception and symbolism.

Did GWB pay you alot to start this thread?

OklahomaTuba
2/1/2007, 01:32 PM
I blame the right-wing controlled media.

Oh, and Halliburton, I blame them too.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/1/2007, 03:07 PM
The other 10% comes from cow farts.

jacru
2/1/2007, 03:14 PM
... especially the commie, evironmental wacko humans.

Czar Soonerov
2/1/2007, 03:18 PM
... especially the commie, evironmental wacko humans.

The actual commies (China) are contributing to the problem way more than we (USA) are.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/1/2007, 03:19 PM
The actual commies (China) are contributing to the problem way more than we (USA) are.

Really? I had no idea that China's cows fart more than USA cows.

jacru
2/1/2007, 03:26 PM
environmentalist wackos are watermelons - green on the outside and red on the inside.

OklahomaTuba
2/1/2007, 06:21 PM

China is disgusting. The place is a **** hole.

No other way to put it.

Good thing they are exempt from Kyoto!

TopDawg
2/1/2007, 06:59 PM
Although I'm sure these people know a little more about climate shifts than I do, I still haven't seen a good explanation about how global warming happened in the pre-industrial revolution days.

Have you ever watched the show Miracle Planet? Here's a synopsis of one of their episodes that explains a theory about how the entire earth froze and then thawed out. Kinda interesting:

The hypothesis "Snowball Earth" explains that ice ages, caused by the earliest life-forms, resulted in an evolutional leap — larger-sized life. Atmospheric methane created by microbes initially kept the Earth warm. As microbes that produce oxygen (photosynthesizers) emerged, atmospheric methane was lowered. As a result Earth cooled and the primeval ocean froze to 1,000 meters deep.

Most life may have become extinct during a long period of intense glaciation believed to have lasted several million years. However, some life survived, perhaps in puddles created near volcanic craters. Carbon dioxide accumulated in the air because thick ice sheets prevented ocean water from absorbing it. A green-house effect, created by carbon dioxide, finally melted the ice and fed photosynthesizers.

Hyper hurricanes raged after the great meltdown and stirred up the ocean water, creating an ideal condition for life to prosper and develop collagen. Using collagen, life-forms were able to build larger bodies, and a variety of creatures, called Ediacara biota, emerged for the first time.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2007, 07:04 PM
primordial ooze.

awesome.

tommieharris91
2/1/2007, 08:53 PM
Have you ever watched the show Miracle Planet? Here's a synopsis of one of their episodes that explains a theory about how the entire earth froze and then thawed out. Kinda interesting:

Well now ya dun pizzed off the religis right by saying evlushun dun happend.

Caint make errbody happy.

landrun
2/2/2007, 09:41 AM

Hyper hurricanes raged after the great meltdown and stirred up the ocean water, creating an ideal condition for life to prosper and develop collagen. Using collagen, life-forms were able to build larger bodies, and a variety of creatures, called Ediacara biota, emerged for the first time.

Hurricanes create the ideal condition for life.
Amazing how time and chance always works like that huh? Why. Its a miracle even!
:D :rolleyes: