PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Badger

Herr Scholz
2/1/2007, 11:31 AM
Our avatar bet still on for the basketball season? As I remember it, the bet was UT vs. OU in men and women's hoops in all games, right? I'm up 2-0 so far. :D

fwsooner22
2/1/2007, 11:41 AM
Our avatar bet still on for the basketball season? As I remember it, the bet was UT vs. OU in men and women's hoops in all games, right? I'm up 2-0 so far. :D

Heh.......I remembered reading that when the lead went to 16 last night

badger
2/1/2007, 02:22 PM
oh geez...

:(

Okay Herr. There's at least two OU-Texas games left this season. So, bet avatars for both of these. I wasn't here during the game yesterday, but of course I would have bet ya then... in retrospect, I kind of like my absence of avatar at the moment :mad:

Next two games. Winatar decides avatar. Deal?

Herr Scholz
2/1/2007, 02:58 PM
oh geez...

:(

Okay Herr. There's at least two OU-Texas games left this season. So, bet avatars for both of these. I wasn't here during the game yesterday, but of course I would have bet ya then... in retrospect, I kind of like my absence of avatar at the moment :mad:

Next two games. Winatar decides avatar. Deal?
I thought the bet was all the games over the course of the season, thus my 2-0 lead at this point?

NormanPride
2/1/2007, 03:46 PM
I think he's got you there, sweetie.

I'll help you pick out something nice, Herr. :D

Herr Scholz
2/1/2007, 03:53 PM
Gracias but it ain't over yet. I doubt our women win again and we didn't have to play Longar last time either.

NormanPride
2/1/2007, 03:59 PM
Fair enough, but the only way she wins is if we win one in a Big 12 tourney. ;)

badger
2/2/2007, 08:32 PM
I think he's got you there, sweetie.

NO YOU WILL NOT.

Okay Herr. You have a 2-0 lead. I am going to have to pull for extra matchups in the Big 12 (and possibly NCAA) tourney.

OSUAggie
2/3/2007, 02:25 PM
we didn't have to play Longar last time either.

wow...

badger
2/4/2007, 01:39 AM
wow...
are you trying to call me out too, aggie? if so, there's a certain game coming up this week that you're going to lose and we're going to win :D

Herr Scholz
2/4/2007, 11:18 PM
wow...
He's a difference maker. Rebounds and blocks shots. When he plays for OU in Norman, it'll be a different game than last time.

OSUAggie
2/4/2007, 11:34 PM
are you trying to call me out too, aggie? if so, there's a certain game coming up this week that you're going to lose and we're going to win :D

Sure, I'll call you out. I think OSU will lose by at least 10, but I'll go ahead and bet whatever you come up with... I gotta have some points, though, considering there will actually be a crowd there for a men's game and we're the worst road team in the history of man.

Wow was more in reference to the idea (or fact) that Longar actually is a difference maker now, considering what he has been in the past... not so much wow that you think he's a difference maker, Herr...

NormanPride
2/5/2007, 11:21 AM
Sure, I'll call you out. I think OSU will lose by at least 10, but I'll go ahead and bet whatever you come up with... I gotta have some points, though, considering there will actually be a crowd there for a men's game and we're the worst road team in the history of man.

Wow was more in reference to the idea (or fact) that Longar actually is a difference maker now, considering what he has been in the past... not so much wow that you think he's a difference maker, Herr...
(badger here, not NP)
okay, aggie. The bet is as follows:

game winner (either you or me) decides game loser's avatar and signature until the big 12 tourney. i'm sure you know this, but the avatar is herr's pic of cartman (and I currently don't have one up). signature is the "a winnar is me" below each of my posts.

After OSU loses, I will post your new avatar pic and new signature, which you will need to keep up until the big 12 tourney. If by some freak accident OU loses, you will post my new avatar pic and signature, which I will keep up until the Big 12 tourney.

Dealio?

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 11:31 AM
You totally skipped over the I need some points portion...

JohnnyMack
2/5/2007, 12:00 PM
You totally skipped over the I need some points portion...

A top flight elite basketball program against a young squad with a first year coach and you want points?

You guys are elite. Top flight I say. You don't need points.

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 12:03 PM
A team that can't find its own dick on the road against a team that realizes there are, in fact, fans that enjoy hetero basketball at their school (at least a few times a year) is not a good combination... Especially when the latter team is currently playing better than the former.

NormanPride
2/5/2007, 12:15 PM
who needs points?! I'd say I am the winnar after eddie junior hits the ground.

So winner decides avatar and sig. DEALIO?!

I would say that a ranked Cowboy squad does not need any points. What, not feeling confident in your awesome basketball team? Is it no longer worthy of sleeping in tents through the freezing cold for a measily 15 minute run to courtside seats? Is it time to stop talking about the OSU basketball powerhouse and your orange powerhouse seats filling Gally-Eyeball Arena? Should we just re-name the court "Goodenuf Court" in honor of your women's team instead?

(and yes, I know she was fired)

A win is a win. A loss is a loss, whether its by ref screwjob (thanks, oregon) or knight conference blowjob (longar revengeance!).

(this is still badger)

OSUAggie
2/5/2007, 12:47 PM
First off.... fine, I'll go straight up, even though OU will be favored.

Secondly... I've never slept in a tent to get a seat. They make tickets that you can buy and have a seat assigned to you. I use that option.. It's quite handy, and not as cold.

I guess that's about it... Oh yeah, I haven't heard dealio used consistently since '93.

badger
2/5/2007, 09:39 PM
First off.... fine, I'll go straight up, even though OU will be favored.

Secondly... I've never slept in a tent to get a seat. They make tickets that you can buy and have a seat assigned to you. I use that option.. It's quite handy, and not as cold.

I guess that's about it... Oh yeah, I haven't heard dealio used consistently since '93.
well, well, poke grows some :D

let's face it. every "expert" in the country knows that OU won't beat OSU this Wednesday, and every "expert" knows that there's no way both OU teams pull off victories against Texas in both women's and men's basketball this season.

Of course, every "expert" also knew that OU wouldn't win the Big 12 championship in football... before Texas' meltdown at home versus a&m.

I am no "expert." I am a fan that knows better and has the bets to prove it.

So, this isn't about lines, this isn't about who is favored. It's about being a fan and making friendly rivalries a little bit friendlier.

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 02:36 PM
You're not our rival.

NormanPride
2/6/2007, 02:47 PM
You're not our rival.

I think this is the funniest freaking thing I've ever read.

fwsooner22
2/6/2007, 02:55 PM
You're not our rival.

I'll be holding on to this future use...........:eek: :eek: :eek:

OSUAggie
2/6/2007, 03:50 PM
:D

badger
2/6/2007, 07:20 PM
This is soooooooo worth the avatar I'll be giving up. Make sure everyone sees the aggie quote, sooner fans!

badger
2/8/2007, 01:11 PM
You're not our rival.
Ok, dude. Your avatar will be ready in a few days. In the meantime, your new sig will be:

You're not our rival.

Basically, you type in the following without all the spaces:

[ Q U O T E = O S U A g g i e ] Y o u ' r e n o t o u r r i v a l . [ / Q U O T E ]

In compliance with the agreed bet, the avatar and sig stays up until the start of the Big 12 tournament. After this time, I have a bet with Herr the Horn.

As was the case with the bet with Herr and HskrGrl, I will not get all angry if you decide not to keep your end. It's all in non-rivalry fun. After all, we aren't rivals.

EDIT: nevermind, I found the perfect pic on the fark board, so your avatar is ready now. Please post within the next few days if ya want.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7329/avatar2xh6.jpg
:D

OSUAggie
2/8/2007, 10:31 PM
k... thanks for the lessons, and ****.

Octavian
2/8/2007, 10:35 PM
lookin' good

OSUAggie
2/8/2007, 10:47 PM
time to fix your nasty thing... and you actually like Zwan..

badger
2/9/2007, 03:22 AM
pleasure doin' betting with ya, aggie. I cashed in on a bet at work (one liter of mountain dew from the loser to the winner) and now I can't sleep. aggies get last laugh again.

SleestakSooner
2/9/2007, 04:27 AM
pleasure doin' betting with ya, aggie. I cashed in on a bet at work (one liter of mountain dew from the loser to the winner) and now I can't sleep. aggies get last laugh again.

LOL well you didn't have to drink it all at once! :pop:

badger
2/11/2007, 09:30 PM
I will concede defeat if the women should not win pink out. I really hate pink, so maybe that's a bad omen :(

However, after the women win, I'll be back to gloating again!

OSUAggie
2/12/2007, 01:24 PM
What the hell is a pink out?

NormanPride
2/12/2007, 01:42 PM
Breast Cancer awareness game, I believe.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2007, 02:33 PM
Phew! Okay, good.

NormanPride
2/23/2007, 11:49 PM
(badger here)
ok, tomorrow end of series between ou/tex for this season. so far, we are...

OU: ONE!
ut: 2

After OU pulls off the victory, we'll have to go into tie-breaker mode. Basically, should OU and texas meet in the big 12 tourney, that game would count. If they don't, then tie-breaker should we meet in the NCAA's.

After that... well, we could call it a draw. But as for tomorrow...

Game on!

badger
2/25/2007, 07:54 PM
you win, Herr. Do your worst :(

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:18 PM
you win, Herr. Do your worst :(
I was going to give you the two conference tourneys to try and tie things up, but if you're willing to concede defeat... ;)

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:20 PM
I like this one.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070215/capt.txmo11002152333.texas_durant_basketball_txmo1 10.jpg

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2007, 03:22 PM
How'd you find one where he wasn't getting fouled? ;)

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:22 PM
No, wait, this one:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/college_basketball/images/070201durant-dunk.jpg

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:24 PM
This one works for me too. You pick, Badger.

http://sports.bodogbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/kevin-durant-texas-beat.jpg

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2007, 03:24 PM
No, wait, this one:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/college_basketball/images/070201durant-dunk.jpg

See, there's a foul in that one. See that guy's hand almost touching him. That's an automatic "and 1"

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:28 PM
Learn to play D without hacking, holding and bumping and fouls won't get called.

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2007, 03:32 PM
To the winner goes the spoils. The Big 12 refs are a joke. I was at the game and that was one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen. Both ways.

GrapevineSooner
2/26/2007, 03:53 PM
Learn to play D without breathing on Kevin Durant and fouls won't get called.

Fixed.

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 03:55 PM
Do you guys ever lose a game when it's not the refs' fault? Just curious.

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2007, 04:03 PM
Cram it, smart ***. :D

Don't remember saying that they cost us the game. Just pointed out that KD gets Jordan calls in college. You guys made 2 FG's and 22 FT's in the second half. We had our chances, but getting down 14-2 didn't help. I was just pointing out that the refs were horrible, now pay attention, both ways. We got some calls we shouldn't have gotten as well.

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 04:11 PM
Don't remember saying that they cost us the game. Just pointed out that KD gets Jordan calls in college.
Durant torched you guys in the first half. Capel obviously told your team to get physical in the 2nd half. Not surprising that all the fouls were called.

After showing how much damage he can do when he's able to move freely, Kevin Durant proved he can be equally effective when a game turns rugged.

Durant displayed his long-range shooting to put the Longhorns ahead early, then got it done from the free-throw line when the Red River Rivalry turned nasty.

"They came out and hit us in the mouth early, and Kevin Durant wasn't missing anything in the first half," Oklahoma guard Michael Neal said.

The Sooners were called for only four fouls in the first half, but got whistled 18 times after coach Jeff Capel challenged them to play with more energy in the second half.

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=16&url_article_id=5913&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Just don't talk about the refs all the time. Sounds like sour grapes. The better team won.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2007, 04:17 PM
Herr, when you've been legitimately hosed by the refs as much as we have been recently, call me and we'll talk!

MikeInNorman
2/26/2007, 04:29 PM
To the winner goes the spoils. The Big 12 refs are a joke. I was at the game and that was one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen.

Fixed.

MikeInNorman
2/26/2007, 04:32 PM
Well, at least if we shoot 30 free throws in the second half against Texas in the tournament, and Texas shoots 10 or so, and we upset Texas, then it is a guarantee that Scholz will be here talking about how great the officiating was, because as we all know, Horns NEVER complain about officiating.

Herr Scholz
2/26/2007, 04:46 PM
Like I said before, UT is the better team this year and showed it by beating the Sooners twice. Whining about the refs is for sore losers.

MikeInNorman
2/26/2007, 05:13 PM
You aren't, by chance, the little 5'2" Horn with gelled hair and man-boobs that sat in front of me and flashed the incredibly ghey, so easily mockable, in-bred, Southwest Conference, Texas hand sign every few seconds, are you? ;)

Kevin Durant would have cried and declared for the NBA with 6 minutes to go in the game if he had seen this dude.

Scott D
2/26/2007, 05:56 PM
badger clearly you should pick the first one with the limp wristed follow through. it's fitting for a whorn pic :)

NormanPride
2/26/2007, 06:34 PM
all three are terrible. Maybe I'll make a congloerhorn avatar. i'll have it up by the end of the week (and not as np, like I usually type as when I use his compy)

what's the sig, herr? the reason I am conceding now is because I don't think we'll make the same tournament as you guys. granted, I think there's a good chance the wimmen's team aces you guys in the big 12 tourney (30 pt victory would be nice). however, while I was happy the guys kept trying to stay alive in that game, I was content to solving a jigsaw puzzle after capel got T'd... although he probably deserved it. Maybe Joe C. should be looking to restrain him and not the fans throwing stuff on the court.

btw, did you see something wizz by the camera when they zooming in on capel's rampage? that was hilarious. it's like... who can the refs control easier, the coach or the crowd?

...or can they even control the game...

Jello Biafra
2/26/2007, 08:00 PM
Like I said before, UT is the better team this year and showed it by beating the Sooners twice. Whining about the refs is for sore losers.

suck dick whorn!

hows that for sour grapes?

GrapevineSooner
2/26/2007, 09:19 PM
Do you guys ever lose a game when it's not the refs' fault? Just curious.

:rolleyes:

So I guess anytime anybody dares to criticize the officiating, it automatically means they're insinuating that the officiating decided the game.

I think I've got it now.

Seriously, Herr, please use the search function on this board and show me where I ever insinuated such a thing.

I obviously don't think it made that much of a difference in the outcome of the game.

It was still pretty crappy, though. And the missed 10-second violation accentuates that point.

GrapevineSooner
2/26/2007, 09:20 PM
Durant torched you guys in the first half. Capel obviously told your team to get physical in the 2nd half. Not surprising that all the fouls were called.

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=16&url_article_id=5913&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Just don't talk about the refs all the time. Sounds like sour grapes. The better team won.

Texas played with plenty of energy in the first half.

By the 'the more energy you play with, the more fouls you get called for' logic, Texas should have fouled out half their team in the first half. :D

badger
2/27/2007, 02:10 PM
in compliance with said bet, avatar is now up and will remain up until after a new champion is crowned.

i would switch my avatar, but so long as herr agrees to let me keep it, it will be fine.

ehhhhh. it is a sad day to be a sooner better. :(

Herr Scholz
3/3/2007, 01:53 AM
Very standup of you badger.

badger
3/3/2007, 02:52 PM
Very standup of you badger.
what do you mean, oh breaker of texas a&m aggie hearts everywhere?

Herr Scholz
3/3/2007, 03:15 PM
what do you mean, oh breaker of texas a&m aggie hearts everywhere?
Of course I meant you owning up to the avatar bet.

Tough game today. Wish we hadn't gone so cold from the 3 in the second half but c'est la vie. KU is pretty darn talented though. Especially in that place (where even our Final 4 team couldn't win). I liked the effort and lack of fear our freshman and sophs showed though.

And I wouldn't have minded a 3-way regular season title split, even if it did include aggy. ;)