PDA

View Full Version : He was holding 7 2 offsuit

Czar Soonerov
2/1/2007, 09:29 AM
Poker player gambles away his wife

Moscow - A Russian man lost his wife in a game of cards after putting her up as a stake instead of cash.

Andrei Karpov, from Murmansk, had run out of money in a game of poker and offered his opponent his wife instead of cash to stay in the game.

When Karpov lost the game and his opponent, Sergey Brodov, turned up to claim his winnings, his wife Tatiana was so angry she decided to divorce her husband and started a relationship with Brodov.

She has since married Brodov, and said she does not regret leaving her first husband.

She said: "It was humiliating and I was utterly ashamed. But as soon as my ex-husband did that I knew I had to leave him.

"Sergey was a very handsome, charming man and I am very happy with him, even if he did 'win' me in a poker game." - Ananova.com

:texan:

OU4LIFE
2/1/2007, 09:47 AM
so it was a win-win....

Fugue
2/1/2007, 09:51 AM
so it was a win-win....

exactly
Sure Karpov lost a little cash but pulling that off goes down as one of the greatest poker victories of all time. :texan:

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 10:11 AM
WTF are y'all talking about? Getting married is NOT a "win." Geez. Now if the bet had been "I get on demand hummers from your wife but you have to keep her, feed her, etc." then it'd be a win-win.

NormanPride
2/1/2007, 10:13 AM
No, :dean:, it was a win for the loser. :D

crawfish
2/1/2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like it turned out PERFECTLY for him. :D

Osce0la
2/1/2007, 10:40 AM
hmmm...I may need to go play some poker tonight, I'm already broke so it shouldn't take long for it to come down to betting the wife :D

Czar Soonerov
2/1/2007, 05:59 PM
What? No jokes about the guys being Russian & my screen name? You people are slipping....

:cry:

yermom
2/1/2007, 06:02 PM
sorry we didn't make the connection, Andrei

jacru
2/1/2007, 06:10 PM
WTF are y'all talking about? Getting married is NOT a "win." Geez. Now if the bet had been "I get on demand hummers from your wife but you have to keep her, feed her, etc." then it'd be a win-win.
Hummers... would that be an H2 or H3?? ;)

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2007, 07:09 PM
It's been almost 18 years since I got married.

I don't remember if it was Trouble or Sorry I won.

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2007, 07:12 PM
So, I need to move to Russia and improve my poker skills.

BeetDigger
2/1/2007, 07:42 PM
What? No jokes about the guys being Russian & my screen name? You people are slipping....

:cry:

So, what hand won you VK? :D

<runs away>

olevetonahill
2/1/2007, 08:26 PM
Hummers... would that be an H2 or H3?? ;)
Those would be FULL BLOWN hummers