PDA

View Full Version : OT-Michigan fans in meltdown mode.

WILBURJIM
1/31/2007, 11:44 PM
Michigan has been recruiting Ron Johnson, a CB/WR, out of Muskegon, MI for a few years now and most diehard fans felt he was a lock to be a Wolverine. Well, Michigan fandom is reeling from this email that has been sent far and wide. Seems he may be changing his mind, or someone is changing it for him. He will announce on Sunday. Maybe you guys don't care but, this is a interesting read:

Well, FWIW this is the e-mail that's been going around all day,

Back in 2005 when Ronald Johnson blew out his ACl all the big time programs stopped sending mail and didn't offer...Except Michigan
Michigan (carr) invited Ronald to a game in 2005 when no on else would talk to him.
Ronald gave us a verbal that day....but soon after returning home is mother made him take it back.

During the next few months Ronald told Mallett and Terrance Taylor he was going to Michigan. (that exlains why Mallett came out on rivals.com and spilled the beans...So he wasn't lying its just that Ronald didn't want everyone to know yet)
Ronalds Mom wanted him to keep everything hush hush.

During RoJos recruitment his High school coaches were whispered to be keeping mail and phone calls not Michigan related from RoJo....His family heard these rumors and the relationship was damaged severely between RoJo and his high school coaching staff.
During his official visit on December RoJo gave a second verbal to English in the UM weight room in front of many defensive players... but told everyone to keep it from public knowledge.
Terrance Taylor made sure to tell RoJo on his official visit to take all of his visits.
Ronald had no intrest in taking more visits because he was set on his school he would go to. What seems to have pushed it over the edge was the florida visit. Ronald was...and I quote "Blown away" from the visit...
Yesterday at Muskegon high school rojo was visibly upset...and told his muskegon coaches that he had to talk to them...(FYI if you havent picked up by now his high school coaches are pro michigan)...
His mother showed up and wouldn't let the coaches speak directly with RoJo during which time she told them that Michigan was out of contention with Ronald....A small verbal war soon happened between the Johnsons and the coaching staff.
Later on yesterday Johnsons mother went to a Muskegon judge (family friend) and had him call the Michigan coaching staff that Ronald was done with Michigan and they had no chance in getting him....

The Johnsons also had cut off all contact with Michigan and cancelled all visits with the coaching staff.....They refuse to talk to anyone with Michigans staff and remain that Ronald is done with them.
It's clear that the rumor of the muskegon high school coaches holding back info from ronald info(which was rumored) had an impact in Mrs Johnson feeling betrayed.
> PS. Ronalds mom called Michigan a few days ago and led them to believe her son was still very intrested.....so either she was telling the truth and Michigan was still in the lead at that point are she was lying to them to set them up for this great fall.
English and Carr are now in Cali and even though they cannot speak with the Warrens they feel the presence could help in getting him...

OKC-SLC
2/1/2007, 12:00 AM
words, words.

Ash
2/1/2007, 12:33 AM
Random emails posted on message boards are the best source of knowledge.

batonrougesooner
2/1/2007, 01:41 AM
where was the interesting part?

OUinFLA
2/1/2007, 08:15 AM
What seems to have pushed it over the edge was the florida visit. Ronald was...and I quote "Blown away" from the visit...

cause you know, we've got beaches and bunnys and stuff down here.
I dont know how anyone else ever gets recruits.

SoonersEnFuego
2/1/2007, 09:30 AM

$

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2007, 09:38 AM
All I saw was blah blah blah, Michigan blah blah blah.

This Johnson kid gonna be a Sooner? No?

Then screw him. And that dumb post about the whines and woes of some crapmonkey school and their choke-a-matic coach.

birddog
2/1/2007, 09:48 AM
you guys don't care but, this is a interesting read:

well said, jimbo.

Vaevictis
2/1/2007, 10:09 AM

It's just not worth having to put up with the *******s who live there. :D

(Publix on the other hand, is almost enough to make it worth it.)

OUinFLA
2/1/2007, 10:21 AM
It's just not worth having to put up with the *******s who live there. :D

(Publix on the other hand, is almost enough to make it worth it.)

I guess your talking about me, as Im probably the only a$$hole you know down here :D
Publix is home grown for me. Kinda poured a bunch of money into Lakeland.
Which explains why everything is named George Jenkins somethingorother.

stoopified
2/1/2007, 10:56 AM
I dont know how anyone else ever gets recruits.The best cocaine too or so I have been told.:)

sooneron
2/1/2007, 11:13 AM
I'll prolly have to file that e-mail in the "who gives a ****?" folder.

Widescreen
2/1/2007, 11:30 AM
I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. What will happen with Ronald Johnson and his impending decision? How will it affect this year's Michigan class? Why did the high school coaches act in such an unethical way? Will Johnson always let his mama do everything for him? I need answers or I don't know what I'll do.

badger
2/1/2007, 02:49 PM
maybe he'll be a spartan. that way, sparty will be off ou's back for taking nichols away.

(had to figure out some way to tie this to ou)

47straight
2/1/2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for something that shows the complex dynamic of football recruiting, the innerworkings of which we have to speculate a lot on this board, especially lately.

85sooners
2/1/2007, 09:45 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$

MichiganSooner
2/5/2007, 10:48 AM
He declared for USUC. Came down to FL, OhioSU, and MSU. Mom would not let Michigan coaches in the house. Guess Lloyd was not bringing the car keys.
All this means is OU gets to beat him up in a BCS someday.