PDA

View Full Version : Modern Marvels

tbl
1/31/2007, 08:34 PM
Best show on television????

I just learned tonight that over half the sugar produced in the US comes from sugar beets. The rest comes from sugar cane. Who'da thunk it?

jacru
1/31/2007, 08:40 PM
Sugar is a modern marvel??

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:43 PM
I woulda guessed one or the other.

soonerboomer93
1/31/2007, 08:46 PM
i knew it was beet sugar (which is also not as good as cane sugar)

and yes, Modern Marvels is a great show for information

Mongo
1/31/2007, 09:21 PM
I could watch MM if it was doing a show about belly button lint. One of the best shows ever.

The List:
Mythbusters
Modern Marvels
Dirty Jobs

soonerboomer93
1/31/2007, 09:39 PM
mythbusters kind of sucks (to me at least)

MM is goodness
Dirty Jobs, sometimes is, but sometimes eh (I think he ****s stuff up on purpose just for the comedy)

OUAndy1807
1/31/2007, 09:40 PM
I tape all of the modern marvels and watch about half. It's a great show. For some reason on the harvesting show they kept showing agronomists and I kept thinking of royalfan

tbl
2/1/2007, 01:30 PM
The episodes on booze are awesome, and I don't really like to drink that much. I missed the new one (spirits part 2) where they do brandy and absinthe. The absinthe ought to be pretty interesting...

yermom
2/1/2007, 02:16 PM
mythbusters kind of sucks (to me at least)

MM is goodness
Dirty Jobs, sometimes is, but sometimes eh (I think he ****s stuff up on purpose just for the comedy)

i like Mythbusters ok, but i have problems with their methods on things at times

if you just want to see them make and blow up stuff, then it's great :D

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 02:27 PM
I've watched those computerized/GPS guided combines they had on last night do their thing up in Iowa. The operator was reading a book while the combine went back and forth in perfectly straight lines through the field. Well they weren't really perfect. They had an average deviation of 3mm over a mile long stretch.

IB4OU2
2/1/2007, 02:34 PM
I've watched those computerized/GPS guided combines they had on last night do their thing up in Iowa. The operator was reading a book while the combine went back and forth in perfectly straight lines through the field. Well they weren't really perfect. They had an average deviation of 3mm over a mile long stretch.

Damn those sattelite builders and their inaccurate transmitters...;)

tbl
2/1/2007, 11:51 PM
Watching the MM on Butchers and gleaned a great idea from the Romans, though I don't know how I'd pull it off.

Roast a chicken stuffed inside a duck, stuffed inside a goose, stuffed inside a pig, and finally stuffed inside a cow.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BeetDigger
2/1/2007, 11:57 PM
I just learned tonight that over half the sugar produced in the US comes from sugar beets. The rest comes from sugar cane. Who'da thunk it?

Ahem.

BeetDigger
2/1/2007, 11:58 PM
i knew it was beet sugar (which is also not as good as cane sugar)

You are dead to me.

royalfan5
2/2/2007, 12:22 AM
I tape all of the modern marvels and watch about half. It's a great show. For some reason on the harvesting show they kept showing agronomists and I kept thinking of royalfan
I'll have to catch the episode.

SoonerTerry
2/2/2007, 02:47 AM
How its made..
Future weapons..
Modern Marvels..

And BTW what the hell happened to the G4 channel?!?!?!?!? One day its there next day gone??????
I know the cable company didn't lower my bill... what the hell? can the just randomly change the package I pay for without saying something??

Its no wonder everyone hates them...

SoonerJack
2/2/2007, 09:04 AM
MM is good, but I miss Junkyard Wars.