PDA

View Full Version : All this Charlie Daniels carp

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 07:56 PM
Got me to thinking , So I dug out my fiddle that was My dads , and decided to get it fixed . anyone Know anything about em ?
Its a Hermann fiedler , 4702 , made in 1908 .
I think Ill go back to practicing once it gets fixed

GottaHavePride
1/31/2007, 07:58 PM
I don't have a clue, but if you really want I could ask a few string-type people if they know anyone that might know about that sort of thing.

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:03 PM
I don't have a clue, but if you really want I could ask a few string-type people if they know anyone that might know about that sort of thing.
Please Do . I did a Google But I aint smart and stuff when it comes to the inerweb . I found ONE reference to it .

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2007, 08:05 PM
Have you ever heard of a fiddle player named Johnny Gimble? He used to play with the Texas Playboys and appeared on various hillbilly fiddle playing shows like Hee Haw.

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:09 PM
Have you ever heard of a fiddle player named Johnny Gimble? He used to play with the Texas Playboys and appeared on various hillbilly fiddle playing shows like Hee Haw.
What the hell does that have to do with My fiddle ?
Oh wait you trying a thread Jack?

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2007, 08:11 PM
What the hell does that have to do with My fiddle ?
Oh wait you trying a thread Jack?

No. No.
He's a real famous fiddle player, and I was asking because I'm friends with his grandson. I know a guy back home really into fiddle playing and I managed to get him an autograph and what not.

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:17 PM
No. No.
He's a real famous fiddle player, and I was asking because I'm friends with his grandson. I know a guy back home really into fiddle playing and I managed to get him an autograph and what not.
So get your *** busy and Find out somepun about my fiddle . then Make me a sammich

jacru
1/31/2007, 08:34 PM
Please Do . I did a Google But I aint smart and stuff when it comes to the inerweb . I found ONE reference to it .
Was it the Wyatt Fiddle Shop (http://www.fiddlesong.com/pages/instruments_and_bows/violins.htm) in Independence, MO?
They have the very fiddle you mentioned in their shop.

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:40 PM
Was it the Wyatt Fiddle Shop (http://www.fiddlesong.com/pages/instruments_and_bows/violins.htm) in Independence, MO?
They have the very fiddle you mentioned in their shop.
Yup , But other than that , It didnt tell me shat about the one they had .
Nor could I find any others .

jacru
1/31/2007, 08:42 PM
They do have a phone #, olevet. ;)

olevetonahill
1/31/2007, 08:46 PM
They do have a phone #, olevet. ;)
Well hell , see how the innerweb has spoilt us ?
I wasnt even thinking about calling em , I wanted the answers to just pop up slowly here !:O