PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see this about Reggie Bush last week?

wishbonesooner
1/31/2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16797449/

Supposedly Reggie was a founding member of the failed sports agency while he was a player at USC.

Easting
1/31/2007, 05:23 PM
Hmmm the tapes could be damning.

Vaevictis
1/31/2007, 07:07 PM
Wierdness.

I wonder: I know you're no longer eligible if you hire an agent... but what happens if you are an agent?

rufnek05
1/31/2007, 08:51 PM
i think if you hire yourself it's illegal, but if he agreed to work for himself out of the kindness of his heart, then it's still illegal. give quinn the trouphy

AlbqSooner
1/31/2007, 08:55 PM
Wierdness.

I wonder: I know you're no longer eligible if you hire an agent... but what happens if you are an agent?
If you take endorsements resulting from your skiing career you cannot play NCAA football. But if you play professional baseball you can still be eligible for a football scholarship. Go figure.

SoonerTerry
2/1/2007, 06:37 AM
i think if you hire yourself it's illegal, but if he agreed to work for himself out of the kindness of his heart, then it's still illegal. give quinn the trouphy

If he looses the trophy the next in line is radio..:eek:

swardboy
2/1/2007, 07:27 AM
lose = no longer in possession of loose = not tight

SoonersEnFuego
2/1/2007, 09:25 AM
trouphy = ?
wierdness = ?

RedstickSooner
2/1/2007, 10:21 AM
If you take endorsements resulting from your skiing career you cannot play NCAA football. But if you play professional baseball you can still be eligible for a football scholarship. Go figure.

You really don't see the difference between being paid to play a sport, and being paid for your name recognition?

It's not the NCAA's fault that skiing isn't a real sport, and that nobody can make any money from sliding down a hill -- they can only make money being a billboard while sliding down a hill.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/1/2007, 10:43 AM
I wonder if these tapes see the light that the NCAA will have to act. They sure don't want to mess with their sugar daddy.

sooneron
2/1/2007, 11:19 AM
You really don't see the difference between being paid to play a sport, and being paid for your name recognition?

It's not the NCAA's fault that skiing isn't a real sport, and that nobody can make any money from sliding down a hill -- they can only make money being a billboard while sliding down a hill.
I see where you are going, but if he is not sporting Solomon ski boots while representing the university, he shouldn't get shafted. It's really hypocritical when you look at contracts between schools and nike,adidas,reebok, etc.
There's a swoosh on every piece of clothing that athletes wears at OU.

StoopTroup
2/3/2007, 11:53 AM
How can you take back something that was a gift?

Would it be regifting if you gave it to someone else?