PDA

View Full Version : Weather in OKC

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2007, 03:12 PM
Are y'all getting hammered up there? I just got an email saying that our office was closing at 2:30 due to worsening road conditions.

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 03:12 PM
Pussies.

Boomer.....
1/31/2007, 03:14 PM
It's a blizzard up here!

Fugue
1/31/2007, 03:15 PM
Tat's getting it pretty good too.

Sleddin' time.

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2007, 03:19 PM
It's accumulated just enough up here to make it a little slick . . . especially on the residential streets. Nothing major though.

Hot Rod
1/31/2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah, we just got the notice to leave @ 3pm.

OUAndy1807
1/31/2007, 03:35 PM
wow, people are really being faggots about this snow.

mdklatt
1/31/2007, 03:37 PM
I haven't been out since it started snowing, but I've heard there are some slick and hazardous spots around Norman.

Newbomb Turk
1/31/2007, 03:39 PM
freezing mist started about an hour ago (by the airport). The roads are slippery.

TopDaugIn2000
1/31/2007, 03:42 PM
yup, we got the "exit" notice at 2:30

OUDoc
1/31/2007, 03:47 PM
East of the city is getting freezing rain. It's starting to get slick.

Soonrboy
1/31/2007, 03:58 PM
there were three wrecks on the bridge going over the Oklahoma River on Western

Dio
1/31/2007, 04:24 PM
They better get that crap sanded before the Hornets game tonight.

Scott D
1/31/2007, 04:29 PM
hehehe

sanding....that's funny.

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2007, 04:36 PM
wow, people are really being faggots about this snow.

ghey snow?

Dio
1/31/2007, 04:47 PM
hehehe

sanding....that's funny.

What do they do in Detroit, shoot it? ;)

GottaHavePride
1/31/2007, 05:15 PM
I haven't been out since it started snowing, but I've heard there are some slick and hazardous spots around Norman.
I just drove home and the roads were wet.

Not slick. Wet. They may become slick later, but the ground isn't cold enough for anything to freeze yet. I'm thinking about going to the liquor store.

Beef
1/31/2007, 05:29 PM
I thought they just tried to burn all the snow off.

mdklatt
1/31/2007, 05:30 PM

That's Columbus.

Scott D
1/31/2007, 05:33 PM

heh, nah we use salt. Then again, there's probably a reason that in general we have some of the worst roads in the nation, but at least we aren't Pennsylvania. Maybe it's me but this crazy idea of melting the snow seems to be more appealing than throwing sand on it like it's an oil slick and saying "there now there should be traction. Ideally you'd want a combination of both, which I think they do in some states.

Scott D
1/31/2007, 05:34 PM

muh****ah we only burn down abandoned houses, and the houses of people who buy drugs and don't pay the muh****in' bill! :D

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 05:35 PM
heh, nah we use salt. Then again, there's probably a reason that in general we have some of the worst roads in the nation, but at least we aren't Pennsylvania. Maybe it's me but this crazy idea of melting the snow seems to be more appealing than throwing sand on it like it's an oil slick and saying "there now there should be traction. Ideally you'd want a combination of both, which I think they do in some states.

And rusted out vehicles.

They use a mixture here too but probably not for this level of snowfall.

Scott D
1/31/2007, 05:42 PM
heh that's why we have car washes like every 3-4 miles :P

Boarder
2/1/2007, 01:34 AM
At 10:30 it was plenty cold enough to freeze. However, it's all just wet. Absolutely no slick spots from the Hornets game to Norman and east of Norman. The weather ******s of panic have struck the fear once again. This is how the terroists win, people.

Newbomb Turk
2/1/2007, 07:35 AM
Major roads in OKC are good this morning. Neighborhood roads around my house are really slick.

Sooner_Bob
2/1/2007, 08:37 AM
Schools out up here and I don't have to go in until 10 . . . I'm seriously thinking about not going in at all.

Boarder
2/1/2007, 12:03 PM
I five years, everyone is just going to be sitting in the house cowering at the thought of any sort of weather. Bunch of weenies.

SleestakSooner
2/1/2007, 12:15 PM
I witnessed personally no less than a dozen wrecks while driving to NW OKC from Norman and back yesterday afternoon. It was awful and anyone could have wound up in the ditch. Too many people did not heed the warnings and 3 died because of it.

Mjcpr
2/1/2007, 12:18 PM
I have yet to see a single snowflake today in Tulsa. I thought we were supposed to be getting Round 2 of the dreaded Winter Blast! this morning. :rolleyes:

Boarder
2/1/2007, 12:20 PM
There are wrecks when it's sunny and dry outside. I drove to the Hornets game last night, during the rain, and there was nothing. No slips, no nothing. All you have to do is pay attention to your surroundings and rive appropriately. You don't need any weather ****** of panic warning.

I wonder why someone didn't heed any warnings? Maybe because they're SICK OF PEOPLE CRYING WOLF TO THEM ALL THE TIME!

Same thing will happen during the spring. Everyone's so sick of the weather ******s of panic they'll ignore the "this storm may tornado in 10 seconds" warning and an actual tornado will get them.

Boomer.....
2/1/2007, 12:21 PM
It should be here around noon.

Boarder
2/1/2007, 12:25 PM
I just went and checked my weatherportal.door for everyone. It's relatively chilly outside. I'd say a t-shirt and coat or maybe hoody and light shell. The ground is wet. Cloudy. Thanks you for looking at weatherportal.door.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/1/2007, 12:26 PM
I just went and checked my weatherportal.door for everyone. It's relatively chilly outside. I'd say a t-shirt and coat or maybe hoody and light shell. The ground is wet. Cloudy. Thanks you for looking at weatherportal.door.

Will you please keep me advised?

Boarder
2/1/2007, 12:29 PM
I'm not skeery enough to give weather reports. I'll have to think of some new phrases of doom.

And, I'm too busy to go stand by the truck and do a video of me staring at it and saying how it's wet, but may freeze completely solid into a block of ice at any time. However, I can't drive it because it's so dangerous to even think of driving today. Any time an image of yourself driving even pops into your head you could lose a finger or toe or something.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/1/2007, 12:33 PM
On Channel 4 this morning a dude was out giving a live report of 'Death Water 2007 Part II' and he pulled a tape measure out of his pocket to measure how deep the snow was. He was in a parking lot somewhere off I-44.

He stuck the tape measure to the ground and the snow didn't even come up to end of the little metal part on the end. It just kinda went 'clank' on the pavement.

What...a...maroon.

C&CDean
2/1/2007, 12:36 PM
Is anybody gonna watch Lance West "risk his life and fall through the ice" tonight on Channel 4? If so, tell me how it goes.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/1/2007, 12:38 PM
Is anybody gonna watch Lance West "risk his life and fall through the ice" tonight on Channel 4? If so, tell me how it goes.

OMG...I know.

Let me guess what's gonna happen:

He's gonna fall through with a line tied around his waist. He's gonna struggle and show us that struggling is bad. Then they're gonna pull him out.

Lesson learned? Don't walk on frozen water, dumas.

TA-DA!!!

Newbomb Turk
2/1/2007, 12:39 PM

I may tune in to watch that - could be kind of funny.

Boarder
2/1/2007, 12:40 PM
No, I won't watch. I refuse to watch the news.

What would be great is if he walked out on the ice and after much struggle was unable to break through.

Fugue
2/1/2007, 12:42 PM
can't they do that helicopter thing on him and blow his a5s around for awhile?

Mjcpr
2/1/2007, 12:50 PM
No, I won't watch. I refuse to watch the news.

What would be great is if he walked out on the ice and after much struggle was unable to break through.

Would you watch it if TO was the weather man?

:D

OhU1
2/1/2007, 01:33 PM
Is Kevin Ogle shaking his head with a concerned look on his face as Linda Cavenaugh sighes and tell us we may be in for more "winter weather"? That is may gauge.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 03:19 PM
On Channel 4 this morning a dude was out giving a live report of 'Death Water 2007 Part II' and he pulled a tape measure out of his pocket to measure how deep the snow was. He was in a parking lot somewhere off I-44.

He stuck the tape measure to the ground and the snow didn't even come up to end of the little metal part on the end. It just kinda went 'clank' on the pavement.

What...a...maroon.

send him up here, we'll ship him off to Escanaba. He may or may not get stuck in a 3 ft. snowdrift :)