PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Texas...whose program is better?

Collier11
1/31/2007, 01:15 AM
I dont know if any of you have seen this, I got the link from one of OU's scout.com forums. It goes through and compares OU and texas as a program in most any category you could think of. I thought it was really cool and gives us some good ammo when texass fans claim they are superior cus of the overall W/L record of the series.

http://xenon.stanford.edu/~trj/comparing_ou_ut.html

pott_2
1/31/2007, 04:15 AM
I was expecting something incredibly biased. It is hard to argue against the facts.

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2007, 06:05 AM
Nice work collier!

MichiganSooner
1/31/2007, 10:36 AM
Good job. How about doing a study on OU-OSU and posting the link on theri board.

The_Red_Patriot
1/31/2007, 10:59 AM
GREATEST POST EVER!

Collier11
1/31/2007, 11:21 AM
Whoa!! I didnt do the work so dont give me credit, I just found the link. But yes it is a really cool comparison.

OUmillenium
1/31/2007, 11:24 AM
So say we all...

85sooners
1/31/2007, 11:32 AM
OU IS THE BEST!!

blackbeauty02
1/31/2007, 11:37 AM
i liked that. TEXAS SUCKS!

jacru
1/31/2007, 12:29 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/230/whornpottyzi1.jpg

TexasSooner01
1/31/2007, 12:37 PM
YAY!!!!

GO SOONERS!

CatfishSooner
1/31/2007, 04:59 PM
that's awesome..

PDXsooner
1/31/2007, 06:50 PM
hard not to give them head-to-head. we can say all we want about games not mattering before ww2, but in 20 years when our kids are saying that titles in the 50's don't matter i doubt we'll accept that so easily.

BoomerSooner247
1/31/2007, 06:52 PM
i like the total blowout in all the categories :D

BASSooner
1/31/2007, 06:57 PM
if we were being incredibly serious and try to prove to OUr opposers, it wiould be a never-ending debate to an extent. However, we do have the facts that we have more of a football tradition than they do when it comes to championships, heisman trophy winners and the love for the love of the game. you might go down to UT and know that they are recognized for numerous sports that they are really good at( not to say that we suck, because we don't, but they are damn good in a lot of sports), but the first thing when a person hears the word OU or sooners, the first thing that comes to mind is football.

josh09
1/31/2007, 09:11 PM
I dont know if any of you have seen this, I got the link from one of OU's scout.com forums. It goes through and compares OU and texas as a program in most any category you could think of. I thought it was really cool and gives us some good ammo when texass fans claim they are superior cus of the overall W/L record of the series.

http://xenon.stanford.edu/~trj/comparing_ou_ut.html

YAAAAAAA

Thats so sweet.

AlabamaSooner
1/31/2007, 09:54 PM
hard not to give them head-to-head. we can say all we want about games not mattering before ww2, but in 20 years when our kids are saying that titles in the 50's don't matter i doubt we'll accept that so easily.

I agree...gotta give them the nod there. As long as they line up, the game matters and counts.

snp
1/31/2007, 10:36 PM
Good job. How about doing a study on OU-OSU and posting the link on theri board.

OU > OSU

Their, I saved someone a lot of time on research.

monty
1/31/2007, 10:43 PM
Now thats just **** poor research sir! It's more along the lines of OU >> OSU. :D

insuranceman_22
2/1/2007, 12:27 AM
Damn it - that's good stuff, an instant classic (one that I actually like). Two things: 1) Post it on a saxet board 2) Send it to Dan Patrick & see if he'll air it.......

LittleWingSooner
2/1/2007, 12:32 AM
All you need to look at is the 7 NCs, All the conference championships and all the All-Americans. We are better then Texas in all those areas.

goingoneight
2/1/2007, 01:10 AM
I didn't read it, I already know...

SoonerObsession
2/1/2007, 01:14 PM
They forgot to mention that our daddy could beat up their daddy.

MyT Oklahoma
2/1/2007, 01:48 PM
OMG.. it's really true! "Where's my balls?"

OklahomaSooners
2/2/2007, 01:52 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15142

MiccoMacey
2/2/2007, 10:08 AM
It's not EXACTLY 100% correct (there are some things left off for Texas).

But I get the gist. We're better than them.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2007, 11:56 AM
Perhaps there is some insight in the school colors of the two universities. OU's colors are crimson and cream, and UT's color is burnt orange. Crimson and cream are the colors of blood and guts, of bone and marrow -- they represent commitment and a depth of conviction. This is in keeping with the attitudes expressed by OU's head coach Bob Stoops: no nonsense, no excuses, win by better preparation and more heart. Burnt orange is the color of the setting sun as seen through a thick haze -- it represents a time when the once bright sun has subsided over the horizon, a time when even the sun is reduced to modest heat and brightness. This is in keeping with the squandered talent and the attitudes expressed by UT's head coach Mack Brown: UT doesn't really lose games, they just "run out of time" like the last few minutes of daylight at sunset.
heh

Cam
2/2/2007, 09:39 PM
The comments were kind of funny. Some UT fan was giving **** about The Prentice Gautt Academic Center. Funny how that same fan forgot to mention the relationship between UT and Austin Community College.

CrimsonChampion
2/2/2007, 11:37 PM
UT is ranked 6th all-time and OU is ranked 7th all-time by Billingsley.
UT is ranked 6th all-time and OU is ranked 25th all time by David DeLassus

You gotta be kidding me, there's definatly some bias in both of those. 25th?? LOL That's really not even worthy of comment, yet stupid seems to always find it's way toward making OU look like they don't belong, even though we are THE best team in the nation since 1950. We have the titles and just about every other statistic in the AP polls to prove it. but they still want to say we're below teams that have accomplished waaaaaay less than we have.

You can hit those dumbasses over the head with hard facts all day and it doesn't mean anything to them, which proves their ignorance. Sometimes I really wish we would go on ahead and claim our 16 ncaa recognized titles so it would show up during big games like suc, 'bama, tosu, and michigan do. I would love to see the look on there stupid faces when they see that not only do we have more REAL HONEST HARD EARNED titles, but we also have more fake titles than them too.

mojohornfan
2/4/2007, 10:04 AM
OU's awesome...YAY!

From Wilkinson to Stoops, you guys have had the great coaches (minus Blake:D ) come through the program. That is clearly the difference between the programs, from a football standpoint.

the_ouskull
2/4/2007, 07:26 PM
Have you guys seriously never seen that before? It's been around for quite some time now... like at least a few years.

the_ouskull

OklahomaSooners
2/4/2007, 09:22 PM
Have you guys seriously never seen that before? It's been around for quite some time now... like at least a few years.

the_ouskull

Yup, I posted it Back in june 2004, no telling how long it had been around before that.

soonernija
2/5/2007, 01:55 AM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/230/whornpottyzi1.jpg

best pix eva

Big Red Ron
2/5/2007, 12:55 PM

the_ouskullOnly difference is that this one is updated to 2007.

Tear Down This Wall
2/5/2007, 04:18 PM
This is a most shocking thread...

...OU fans saying Oklahoma has the better program...UT fans saying Texas does...I'm haven't been gripped with such suspence since Olson Wells uttered "Rosebud" and dropped his snowglobe.

In equally shock-worthy news elsewhere in the world, Democrat John Edwards announced he'd be for the rich paying higher taxes, while fellow lefty Harry Reid pouted that the G.O.P. wouldn't agree to an "up and down" vote on the Iraq War bills in the Senate. Ah...so sowwy, Harry. You give us no uppie downie two years ago, you get no uppie downie now. Morons.

Collier11
2/5/2007, 06:26 PM
I guess you missed the stats that prove that OU is better, its ok...I dont expect all OU fans to be observant of the facts, just most! ;)

VolinArizona
2/6/2007, 10:01 AM
OU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whorns

Readyfor8
2/6/2007, 10:14 AM
This is a most shocking thread...

...OU fans saying Oklahoma has the better program...UT fans saying Texas does...I'm haven't been gripped with such suspence since Olson Wells uttered "Rosebud" and dropped his snowglobe.

In equally shock-worthy news elsewhere in the world, Democrat John Edwards announced he'd be for the rich paying higher taxes, while fellow lefty Harry Reid pouted that the G.O.P. wouldn't agree to an "up and down" vote on the Iraq War bills in the Senate. Ah...so sowwy, Harry. You give us no uppie downie two years ago, you get no uppie downie now. Morons.

You want to give that sentence another shot Sling Blade?