PDA

View Full Version : Mike Singletary interviews in Dallas

The Maestro
1/30/2007, 10:13 PM
So is this that nod that some places give to black coaches to fulfill their demand of interviews? Not sure, but you have to love the way the guy played the game. I think it would be an interesting hire. Much more of a splash than Norv Freaking Turner. Hell, give the reigns to Jason Garrett and let him try. Turner is like the Mike Fratello of the NFL.

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2007, 10:15 PM
So is this that nod that some places give to black coaches to fulfill their demand of interviews? Not sure, but you have to love the way the guy played the game. I think it would be an interesting hire. Much more of a splash than Norv Freaking Turner. Hell, give the reigns to Jason Garrett and let him try. Turner is like the Mike Fratello of the NFL.

Until Norv goes into broadcasting and becomes the Czar of the Telestrator, I'll have to respectfully disagree with this statement. ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/30/2007, 10:15 PM
JJ interviewed all the remaining assistants at Dallas before going outside Valley Ranch - one of which is black

they complied with that NFL rule right away

Dio
1/30/2007, 11:13 PM
I'd rather see Singletary than Turner, Gibbs, or Garrett.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2007, 06:21 AM
It's too bad that Lane Kiffin is off the market.

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 10:16 AM
It's too bad that Lane Kiffin is off the market.

Does he have a younger brother?

IF Dallas had done the normal thing and let the coach hire the coordinators then I could see taking a chance on Singletary with him hiring some veteran coordinators to help him along. But since they've gone out and hired the OC on their own, with no coach, you would probably be better off hiring a veteran guy (like Wade Phillips).

However, since they obviously aren't going to get any big name guys and there's a decent chance of the hire(s) being complete failures, I'd be willing to give Singletary a shot ove anybody else they've mentioned as candidates.

TXBOOMER
1/31/2007, 10:24 AM
Turner is a proven loser as a head coach. I hope they hire him. 6-11 and 7-9 seasons make for good radio down here in texass.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2007, 10:26 AM
apparently when Singletary interviewed for the Atlanta job, he said he'd want Jason Garrett as his O-coord.....so that played right into what Jones wants....he may be a leading candidate........his interview lasted 7 hours and the reports are that he had a great interview

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 10:36 AM
apparently when Singletary interviewed for the Atlanta job, he said he'd want Jason Garrett as his O-coord.....so that played right into what Jones wants....he may be a leading candidate........his interview lasted 7 hours and the reports are that he had a great interview

What the hell....give him a shot.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/31/2007, 10:37 AM
I know Norv Turner had great success in Dallas as a coordinator but I'd rather have Norm Chow.

I think Jason Garrett is similar to Josh Heupel. I think he will be a good head coach in the future but is still a few years away from being ready. Garrett needs to call the plays for a year or two. If Turner is brought in then I think JJ's thinking is that Turner is there to mentor Garrett. I'm sure Turner wouldn't see it that way of course.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2007, 10:39 AM
also, apparently ron rivera is begging for an interview but cant seem to get one

not sure why that is, he seems to be a hot commodity in coaching

85sooners
1/31/2007, 11:55 AM
hell yeah!!!

Mjcpr
1/31/2007, 02:50 PM
also, apparently ron rivera is begging for an interview but cant seem to get one

not sure why that is, he seems to be a hot commodity in coaching

I don't know why they wouldn't either; it'd be stupid not too at this point. They would only have to wait 5 more days. Big deal.

soonerndn
1/31/2007, 04:00 PM
Bring back Billy Bates!!!!

mdklatt
1/31/2007, 04:21 PM
Has Nick Saban expressed any interest?

:pop:

BudSooner
1/31/2007, 08:12 PM
Ron Rivera getting shut out by JJ makes no sense.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/1/2007, 09:44 AM
He's Samurai Mike, he'll stop 'em cold.

Part of the defense, big and bold.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69344/super_bowl_shuffle/

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2007, 09:53 AM
now Ron Rivera is in the mix