PDA

View Full Version : for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to Ryan

usmc-sooner
1/30/2007, 07:02 PM
Broyles here's a good one

Ryan,

I understand you are wrestling with one of the biggest decisions of you life. I can personally relate. My entire family graduated from OU and my brother was going to OU my senior year of High School. I was a lifetime OU sports fan including football. I was even enrolled at OU before switching to OSU at the last minute. I followed some friends to OSU and it was the best thing that could have happened to me. You will find no other place so special. In Stillwater you will find a community of friends and family that will last a lifetime. Our coaches have already told you they wanted you from day one. They have not played games with your scholarship offer.

Life is so much more important than wins and losses and football. Yes OU has had more success than OSU in the past. But the Sooner fans are never happy unless you win it all. If you don't they will jump ship and turn on you. At OSU we are passionate about our school, our experience and our team. How else could you get such a solid fan base game after game. If you come to OSU you will be a lifetime Cowboy, it will change your life.

If you go ahead and commit to OU I will respect your decision. I will not badmouth you, I will not boo you when you come to play in Stillwater. I will however feel bad that you did not get to experience what I did during my time at OSU.

bri
1/30/2007, 07:25 PM
I will however feel bad that you did not get to experience what I did during my time at OSU.

He's got a point there. It's considerably more difficult to organize a livestock gangbang in Norman.

King Crimson
1/30/2007, 07:43 PM
i guess OSU is the only place people make friends in college or pull for the home team. great marketing campaign they've got going with Garth too. it's "fun". moreover, whenever people start talking in abstractions like "experience" to the exclusion of other things i stop paying attention.

not to mention: "following some friends to OSU...."

bri
1/30/2007, 07:45 PM
I just love that the guy's main selling point is: "Come to OSU...we won't care if you suck."

landrun
1/30/2007, 08:26 PM
OSU Open Letter

Being interpreted ... "Please... please... we're begging, please ... come to OSU. We suck without you." :rolleyes:

bri
1/30/2007, 08:28 PM
Let's not sell aggy short. They'd suck with him, too.

usmc-sooner
1/30/2007, 08:40 PM
another gem------

OSU fans state your greatest memories and things you love about Oklahoma State University, sometimes its nice to step back and look at what we are trying to accomplish in Stillwater.... I will Go first...

I remeber my first year I was originally attending the University of Central Oklahoma, though UCO is nice I missed that home feeling, So after a year at UCO I transfered to Oklahoma State University, best decision I ever made... I have met lifelong friends, and experienced so much about life all while never feeling as if I was at school.There is nothing like waking up on a Fall Saturday Morning, and experiencing the Game Atmosphere that I recieve everytime I go to a Game. The fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?". No matter how bad we might be in the sport its the fans that make it all worth wild, and when a season comes along and we recieve great players and a Great team, the the Rowdiest and Most Loyal Fans in America come out full force. And I am sure as our atheltes know there is no greater feeling than running out of the gate to the cry of those fans. There is more to Oklahoma State University than athletics, its the friends, its going out with those friends and enjoying every moment... And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally... So Mr. Broyles hope we get some more good memories from other faithful fans, and I end in this... The first college game I ever went to was with my Father, and it was at OSU... That is a day that I will never forget... and now here I sit Getting ready to Graduate from the "States University", and I know that all the experiences, challenges, and good times have come through the roads of Stillwater!

if this got any more pathetic it would have to be about being a bridesmade in your ex-girlfriends wedding.

OUDoc
1/30/2007, 08:43 PM
Sounds more like those two are trying to justify a stupid decision on their part.

landrun
1/30/2007, 08:46 PM
Let's not sell aggy short. They'd suck with him, too.

True. True. :D

soonerboomer93
1/30/2007, 08:48 PM
OSU fans state your greatest memories and things you love about Oklahoma State University, sometimes its nice to step back and look at what we are trying to accomplish in Stillwater.... I will Go first...

I remeber my first year I was originally attending the University of Central Oklahoma, though UCO is nice I missed that home feeling, So after a year at UCO I transfered to Oklahoma State University, best decision I ever made... I have met lifelong friends, and experienced so much about life all while never feeling as if I was at school.There is nothing like waking up on a Fall Saturday Morning, and experiencing the Game Atmosphere that I recieve everytime I go to a Game. The fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?". No matter how bad we might be in the sport its the fans that make it all worth wild, and when a season comes along and we recieve great players and a Great team, the the Rowdiest and Most Loyal Fans in America come out full force. And I am sure as our atheltes know there is no greater feeling than running out of the gate to the cry of those fans. There is more to Oklahoma State University than athletics, its the friends, its going out with those friends and enjoying every moment... And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally... So Mr. Broyles hope we get some more good memories from other faithful fans, and I end in this... The first college game I ever went to was with my Father, and it was at OSU... That is a day that I will never forget... and now here I sit Getting ready to Graduate from the "States University", and I know that all the experiences, challenges, and good times have come through the roads of Stillwater!

but only when we have a "great team"

:twinkies:

usmc-sooner
1/30/2007, 08:51 PM
but only when we have a "great team"

:twinkies:

I was thinking, 7-6, and not selling out your rival with a 48,000 seat stadium.

Talk about a fan base.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2007, 08:52 PM
to quote everyone's favorite aggot... "Pathetic!"

bri
1/30/2007, 09:01 PM
You guys actually have a favorite aggy?

That's ****ed up right there.

Boarder
1/30/2007, 09:10 PM
osu, where the fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?"

TopDawg
1/30/2007, 09:25 PM
And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally...

I could start a school tomorrow and the education my students received would be ranked nationally. Err, Nationally.

tommieharris91
1/30/2007, 09:26 PM
Methinks the guy that wrote the 2nd letter:

A) Never passed English.
B) Learned English at OSU (well, kinda).
C) Did both A and B and took the Dexter Manley route to his piece of paper.

bri
1/30/2007, 09:26 PM
aggy still gets excited about seeing his name in the new phone book.

TopDawg
1/30/2007, 09:28 PM
Methinks the guy that wrote the 2nd letter:

A) Never passed English.
B) Learned English at OSU (well, kinda).
C) Both and took the Dexter Manley route to his piece of paper.

Whatever. His education is ranked Nationally.

bri
1/30/2007, 09:29 PM
Plus, there's a coupon for a free order of burnt cheese fries from Joe's on the back of his diploma.

Boarder
1/30/2007, 09:30 PM
Ewww, you know something they sell there.

bri
1/30/2007, 09:34 PM
Well yeah, Garth told me all about it in aggy's latest commercial.

Hey, y'all, Garth Brooks here. Y'all outta come on down to OSU, 'cause we got us some gooder cheese fries and you can get all kinds of drunk. And parents, there's no better place to send your kids. 'Cause, like, we'll hold their hair for 'em while they throw up from all the Coors Light and ****ty cheese fries...

jk the sooner fan
1/30/2007, 09:34 PM
i love how they really think the only place you can make friends and have a "college experience" is in stillwater......

bri
1/30/2007, 09:37 PM
Well, that's the thing about cults. You seem to think you're the only cult out there.

picasso
1/30/2007, 11:17 PM
so incredibly gay. it reminds me of the oSu student that picked me up from our car dealership in Stillwater. he worked for a rental car place and tried to lay that same line of cheesey bs on me.

gay!

Pricetag
1/30/2007, 11:28 PM
Whatever. His education is ranked Nationally.
I believe you mean "educaiton."

soonerboomer93
1/30/2007, 11:31 PM
at a better school, they would have learned that it's edumacation

Rhino
1/30/2007, 11:46 PM
Reminds me of this thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77778), describing every college experience at every college ever (with interchangable words):

Why I Wear Orange...and support Oklahoma State....

I started thinking about orange and what it means. Is orange a particularly pretty color? No. Yet we all find it beautiful. Is it a popular color? Fashion right now has a lot of orange in it, but normally, it isn't. Is it a powerful color? It is eye catching, but not really considered powerful. So why in the world do I and other faithful love it so much?

The color is a symbol. It is all we remember of our Oklahoma State.

To us it not only symbolizes eons of national championships, but also 3-7 seasons. It is Theta Pond, it is Greek Row, it is the "Union". It is Barry Sanders, Eddie Sutton, Mike Gundy, Pat Jones, Big Country, Henry Iba and Rashaun Woods. It is meeting your friends at Joes, the Hideaway, THE WEED or the "DOG". It is illegal dorm parties. It is Pistol Pete. It is the Waving Song or the Alma Mater. It's IFC. It's ****** 01' in Norman and broken roses. It's Garth and Cross Canadian and Boland. It is "The Walk", it is tailgating. It is that girl you always wanted to ask out but never did. It's the guy you always wish would have. Its date parties and pre-parties. It's the "swan". House decks and hot chocolate and pomping and signs that say "Do not watch Arc!"

It is late night Pizza Shuttle runs. It is no air conditioning in the dorm or getting tickets from parking nazis. It's puking on the bus to a date party. It's the Sirloin Stockade steer floating in Theta Pond. It is signing up for a 4 hour class at 7:30 in the morning as a freshman. It is DUI's and MIP's and learning to never do that again. It is ******. Its KA, FIJI, DELT, SNAKE, ALPHA CHI, THETA, PI PHI, AGR. It is heart breaks and leaving friends. It is showing our recruits how much we appreciate them, it is feeling disappointed when some choose to go elsewhere, or the elation of them deciding to come to OSU and join our family. It is Thursday nights. Its planes, Colorado, snow and memories that burn in all hearts that wear the Orange and Black. It's Stout, Classroom, Ag Hall and Kerr-Drummond and the awkward "morning after." It's an orange fountain; its finals week. It's the campus bells and Preacher Bob. Its meeting a kid that's parents knew your parents while they were here. It's meeting you husband or wife, groomsmen and bridesmaids.

We can't talk about our feelings for our school without going into stories that would make people's eyes glaze over and bring a tear to some. It's hard to explain to people that the reason we wear orange isn't because of sports or 7 National Football Championships. It isn't because of any one thing or even 100 things. Orange is pride in all things OSU. Be they good things or bad things, they are all part of why I love OSU. When I see people wearing OSU hats or shirts, most of the time no words have to be spoken. Just a nod or a smile and we both know that orange is something special. A lifetime of friends, fond memories, hurts and joy that we all have and will keep for an eternity~ One day our kids will hear and then they will see and then theirs will hear about the times as they are and were~ All the while the chimes will sing the fight song, hearts will flutter and folks will feel a great sense of belonging. Fan's children will sit on parent's shoulders with arms waving to Bullet racing out of the West endzone and the commentator's voice saying, "With 9:08 remaining in the first half; Here Comes Bullet!" When you pass a car with Pete peering out of an Orange Star, you know that they know that you know; Its letting go, holding on, and forever remembering why we were/are at the best college in America.

Rewind; remember cool autumn air walking to class and passing friends, ex's, lovers, and the rush you feel every time you go back; A lump in a throat, a bitter-sweet graduation in a cap and gown; A desire to stay forever.

Although we are gone, we are still there-

OKC-SLC
1/31/2007, 12:12 AM
He's got a point there. It's considerably more difficult to organize a livestock gangbang in Norman.
well, that just simply depends upon whom you know.

Rhino
1/31/2007, 12:27 AM
I believe you mean "educaiton." http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1663/osueducaitonjg5.jpg

tommieharris91
1/31/2007, 12:57 AM
Reminds me of this thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77778), describing every college experience at every college ever (with interchangable words):

Funny how 50% of those great memories have something to do with people that wear red. The other 50% can be done here in Norman.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2007, 01:21 AM
That reminds me.

Earlier today, I took a check that has the OSU logo on it.

The person who gave it to me told me to go ahead and place a non-local hold on it if I wanted, 'cause he didn't trust it either.

Made me grin.

soonerboomer93
1/31/2007, 01:25 AM
it had to be fake, there's not literate people gradiating from there

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2007, 01:26 AM
I didn't say that the check was spelled correctly.

soonerboomer93
1/31/2007, 01:29 AM
oh, this is true

OU4LIFE
1/31/2007, 08:17 AM
another gem------

if this got any more pathetic it would have to be about being a bridesmade in your ex-girlfriends wedding.

holy crap, that post gave me an aneurysm.

Viking Kitten
1/31/2007, 08:29 AM
No matter how bad we might be in the sport its the fans that make it all worth wild,

Worth "wild"? Does that mean he cheats on his domestic livestock every now and then? I am so confused about their aggie ways and customs.

OU4LIFE
1/31/2007, 08:38 AM
yet you are intrigued.....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/31/2007, 11:06 AM
Is it really worth my wild to read this whole thread?